Author Topic: Introduction to Magic  (Read 38313 times)

December 15, 2009, 11:11:48 AM
Reply #15

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
I just noticed that the article has been completely revised, and it is amazing. Thank you, Prophecy.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

December 23, 2009, 03:46:22 AM
Reply #16

sanju123in

• View Profile
Yeh Dude U R Really Great!!!

December 23, 2009, 05:49:40 AM
Reply #17

xmikas

• Settling In

• View Profile
Great article... thanks for sharing this light!

:)
"A mystic can not be ignorant, 'cause he only need to ask and the knowledge is given to him."

December 25, 2009, 10:57:23 PM
Reply #18

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
First, good article. I have only one question. You mention the "Heggusa," but I've never heard of that term, nor can I easily find the word. Online results turn up only pages written in what appears to be Indonesian, which I can't translate. So, to Prophecy or anyone else who knows, what are the Heggusa?
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

December 26, 2009, 05:33:47 PM
Reply #19

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Part of the etymology of "witch," from whence we get the modern words Hex and Hag, comes in part from the Old High Germanic word "hegussa" or "haga-zussa," which originally indicated a "fence-walker."

December 28, 2009, 09:13:58 AM
Reply #20

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Part of the etymology of "witch," from whence we get the modern words Hex and Hag, comes in part from the Old High Germanic word "hegussa" or "haga-zussa," which originally indicated a "fence-walker."

Interesting. I found the etymology; it seems that they generalized the word for fence or enclosure to "hedge" and drew from that "hedge-rider" instead of "fencewalker" to draw a parallel with flying on branches. I find your interpretation more intriguing.

Thank you.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

April 11, 2010, 07:47:04 PM
Reply #21

Armond

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Interesting, reaffirming the beliefs/truths i have compiled from several sources in to one easily understandable format.

Great document Prophesy     
There is never nothing going on but, till one has purified the interior viewing the exterior won't help.

May 20, 2010, 10:07:40 AM
Reply #22

Cornelius

• Personal Text
    Fortitudo Creedo
    • View Profile
I must say that I'm deeply impressed by how fantastic this "introduction" is. I had already read some of your articles, but no other had amused me as this one did. Keep up with your incredible work, Prophecy, and be sure that you have my respect.

And may the winds bless thee.
And may the wind bless us all...

June 21, 2010, 04:32:03 PM
Reply #23

tlolaymen

• View Profile
Very Great Article! Thanks Sharing the Teaching!

July 11, 2010, 11:59:17 PM
Reply #24

AtumKadmon

• View Profile
What you mentioned about the cardinal directions associated with the elements, West for Wind instead of East, and East for Fire instead of South, is produced by using a hexagrammical elemental system rather than a pentagrammical elemental system. I'm not surprised that you naturally operate at that level.