Author Topic: Alternatives  (Read 1765 times)

January 26, 2005, 03:48:55 AM
Read 1765 times

Arpspasm

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Without starting a flame session I was wondering what people thought of using the self hypnosis technique of time dialation as a safe alternative to lentation. The human mind is capable of perceptual changes in the flow of time and does so regularly.
"This life's dim windows of the soul
Distorts the heavens from pole to pole
And leads you to believe a lie
When you see with, not through, the eye."
-William Blake

January 26, 2005, 04:17:04 AM
Reply #1

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
A safe alternative to Lentation is training to simply be faster without having to use tricks.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

January 26, 2005, 05:36:38 AM
Reply #2

Natus Denuo

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Son of A Gun!
    • View Profile
Yeh, just work on improving your time all-around (i.e.- improving punch time, kick time, running speed, etc.).
Quote from: kobok
As for TVs, if you need an expensive and phallic representation of your manhood which will go bad in a short period of time, buy plasma.  Otherwise, buy an LCD.

January 26, 2005, 11:10:38 AM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Arpspasm
Without starting a flame session I was wondering what people thought of using the self hypnosis technique of time dialation as a safe alternative to lentation. The human mind is capable of perceptual changes in the flow of time and does so regularly.

The simplest answer to that is that you're just looking at the question in terms of the wrong terminology for what you're trying to ask.  Try reading this article:

http://www.athleticinsight.com/Vol1Iss3/Empirical_Zone.htm
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 26, 2005, 05:34:07 PM
Reply #4

Arpspasm

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
A good read, thank you Kobok only by their definition the "zone" is involuntary and not induced at will.

"Ravizza (1977, 1984) found that the nature of the sport peak experience was: temporary and of relatively short duration; non-voluntary and not induced at will; and, unique and not necessarily associated with a successful performance outcome."

I think part of the attraction of lentation is the ability to produce peak performance at will.
Oh I have no interest in lentation myself I'm mental enough without inducing scitzophrenia :O
"This life's dim windows of the soul
Distorts the heavens from pole to pole
And leads you to believe a lie
When you see with, not through, the eye."
-William Blake

January 28, 2005, 08:28:25 AM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Arpspasm
A good read, thank you Kobok only by their definition the "zone" is involuntary and not induced at will.

"Ravizza (1977, 1984) found that the nature of the sport peak experience was: temporary and of relatively short duration; non-voluntary and not induced at will; and, unique and not necessarily associated with a successful performance outcome."

I think part of the attraction of lentation is the ability to produce peak performance at will.
Oh I have no interest in lentation myself I'm mental enough without inducing scitzophrenia :O

Actually, the zone can be induced at will, and responses within the zone can be programmed.  Doing so requires developing control over ones mental states and nonconscious mind.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 29, 2005, 05:09:38 AM
Reply #6

Nikodeimos

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Computer programmers know the zone aswell. Its called that state in which the variables and methods flow through your mind with minimal resistance or distractions, completely involved in building the code.

It takes a good programmer in a good situation at least 15 minutes to get into the zone. But for them it is definately something they do and not involuntary. I am not much of an athlete, but it seems to me to be the same, just get your mind into the thing you're doing.

Just my 2 cents :)