Author Topic: Classes, and school.  (Read 4434 times)

December 30, 2004, 07:40:57 PM
Read 4434 times

Samurai Warrior

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I was wondering... would taking a class on veritas  take up so much time that i would'nt be able to focus on school, or would it not conflict? If it would conflict, then i will wait until the summer before beginning a class. Thanx lots
In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed.

January 04, 2005, 04:27:13 PM
Reply #1

AngryLeprachaun

• Posts By Osmosis

• Freelance Leprechaun

• Personal Text
    VERITAS LEP
    • View Profile
To answer your question, It would prbably bot intefere with school.  So, don't be worried to take classes during school days. :)
..::Believe::..

January 04, 2005, 06:53:17 PM
Reply #2

Elfscout5892

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
hey leperchaun, whered that avatar come from?
plus, I had the same thoughts, I'm in school till 5:30!!!(wrestling)
"Every day, man is making bigger and better fool-proof things, and every day, nature is making bigger and better fools. So far, I think nature is winning."
-Albert Einstien

January 04, 2005, 09:20:49 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
My course is designed to have about an hour of practice time a day, plus about 30 minutes or so a day to submit progress reports and check the course forums for updates and new material.  It's up to each student when in the day to schedule those things.

I think Prophecy's course is probably a similar time commitment.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 05, 2005, 01:13:47 PM
Reply #4

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: kobok

Yes, similar.  Once a week we are to send in a summary of that week's lesson, and we have plenty of exercises to practice at our leisure.  There is no set amount of time that we are required to practice each day.  Also, Instead of sending progress reports to the teacher alone, we discuss our practices in the discussion forums.  Whenever we do a lesson in the chat room, usually there is one or two conflicts, but the lesson is posted afterwards for those who couldn't make it, and for reference for the summary.

It's quite easy to work with.

January 06, 2005, 04:07:52 PM
Reply #5

DarkWaterMoon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
Quote from: kobok
My course is designed to have about an hour of practice time a day, plus about 30 minutes or so a day to submit progress reports and check the course forums for updates and new material.  It's up to each student when in the day to schedule those things.

Thank god I didnt get in for the first course then-it would be impossible for me to do right now during bball season.

February 01, 2005, 06:12:37 PM
Reply #6

ShadowStriker

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All Around WTF
    • View Profile
This is just from a odd point of view, but i think it would be easier to just have real meets or somthin, cause ive takin martial arts before and it was in person, and i don't mean to speculate, but how would you take a class for psionics online? i tried it before and well, i don't know, it felt like somthin was missing ya know?
The Strong Take From the Weak, The Smart Take From The Strong, The Quick Take From The Smart, And The Weak Rise Up Against Them All

February 01, 2005, 08:02:59 PM
Reply #7

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: ShadowStriker
This is just from a odd point of view, but i think it would be easier to just have real meets or somthin, cause ive takin martial arts before and it was in person, and i don't mean to speculate, but how would you take a class for psionics online? i tried it before and well, i don't know, it felt like somthin was missing ya know?

Location is critical for the martial arts, so the only meaningful classes are conducted in person.  Location is nothing for psi.  Watching someone else meditate doesn't help you teach them psi, and partner practices are no different in person or over the internet.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 27, 2005, 09:32:10 AM
Reply #8

sandspur

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I was on veritas alot even when it first came out, but i have the worst teachers and my studies where retarded for 6th month ahh. But, i've been working out and i'm back. How do i join a class.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You found Jesus, here's your prize... *hands over pocket lint, a penny and a piece of gum*