Author Topic: Astral Projection : My Way  (Read 4739 times)

November 26, 2004, 09:54:40 PM
Read 4739 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Astral Projection: My Way
By: shadowwarrior13

Intro

Ok, my last article was a complete DISASTER, so this oneís gonna be more in depth, and I will love it, and care for it, and snuggle with it at nightÖ.. OK, back on track. For you n00bs out there that donít know what astral projection is, itís projecting a copy of your consciousness onto an energetic copy of yourself (more into this later). The laws of physics donít apply during Astral Projection, so many things are possible. Now, The views expressed in this article are solely my own, and all the exercises were devised by me. I have no trouble using them, but I made them, so adapt these to whatever youíre most comfortable with.

Starting Out

Now, I expect you to have a little experience in meditation and energy work, and if not, get the hell away from this article until you practice some more. Dress lightly, just boxers will work. For the ladies, a loose shirt will do. You CAN go in the nude, but I think it keeps you a bit warmer wearing something. I first start with some stretches to get relaxed and get the blood flowiní, so go ahead if you wish. I highly suggest this step, but if you are already proficient at relaxation, I wonít press. Now, beginning, I used to sit in a recliner, but I can do it laying down too, so choose whatever works for you. If you donít have a recliner, a regular chair will do, leaning propped up with a big book or something. A leaning chair is pretty important because it keeps your head straight. If the chair doesnít support your head, put a pillow under your head, so your neck isnít lolling around. Close your eyes, and get comfortable. Now, start relaxing. I used to use the muscle clenching exercise, where you clench all of your muscles then unclench them, but now I relax at will. Clear your mind, and just chill. I usually sit here for a couple of minutes and let the trance deepen, but you donít need to. I find it makes it easier, though.

Energy Work  / Awareness Shift Techniques

Here comes the energy part! Now, it helps if you know something about charkas, so if you donít, go to goooooooooooooooogle and search for them, learn about them, practice activating them, then come back and finish. Now, start working on your charkas, starting from the Base Chakra up. Get them all fully going, and get the energy flowing (RHYME) throughout your body. You need a decent energy flow to generate the Astral body. NOTE: From my experience, the Astral body is created, it isnít just inside of the body. After you have a good flow goiní, you need to do a thing called an Awareness Shift. This causes the projection reflex to kick on, and send you the hell out of your body. I use two of them, ROPE and Perspective shift, but Iím only going to explain Perspective shift. If you wanna learn ROPE, go to http://www.astraldynamics.com and read up. In Perspective shift, you trick your subconscious into thinking youíre somewhere else, such as standing a few feet away or floating near the ceiling. What youíre gonna want to do is create the feeling that youíre somewhere else. For the sake of the example, letís try floating near the ceiling. Feel your entire body, every nerve, and instead of feeling the bed, feel being a foot away from the ceiling. FEEL yourself floating, not touching anything, just a foot away. If it helps, before you start, go stand close to the ceiling. Get a feel for it. It might be hard to feel yourself not moving, so one thing that helps is thinking youíre moving. After a while, you may feel a rushing sensation. Donít lose focus, cause if you get flustered, you WILL screw up. Just ignore it, and hold your concentration. You could feel yourself floating close to the ceiling, while rotating in place. Now, all of these things, for me, induce projection, but if they donít for you, practice and look around for more articles. Read a book, do research, whatever it takes. You probably wonít get it first try, so this takes commitment. Try to do this every night, and eventually, youíll get results.

Once Youíre Out / Movement

Ok, so you projected. Now what? Well, I may sound like a buzzkill, but the first few times, GET BACK IN YOUR BODY! Only stay out for about 10 seconds. This may sound stupid, but remembering the experience is easier when you keep it short. After your first few successful projections, go out a bit longer, maybe to a minute or 2. every couple of times, elongate the amount of time you stay out, slowly strengthening your ability to remember projections. Things will probably feel different when you get out of that crummy body ;). For one, you wonít have a body. You are an infinitely small point of consciousness, no limbs or whatnot. If you try to look, your subconscious will create a copy of lets say, your arm, but it will melt shortly afterwards. Robert Bruce explains this effect in depth, but I donít feel like it :p. Now, to tackle the first hurtle: moving. To move, just feel yourself moving. WILL yourself to move. I wish I had an explanation, but thatís all I got. Flying is a bit harder. Will yourself to move, but this time move up. Flapping your arms helps. It looks stupid, but it really does. You may start floating back to earth. This is not gravity, but your subconscious THINKING gravity is there. After a while, this will go away. To move through something, just move towards it and through it. Go as fast as you can at the wall, and just go through. Closing your eyes helps in the beginning.

Astral Dimensions / Creation

Now, the Astral Planes are like a dream world. They are a LOT stranger than the real world. To get there, I usually just move a fast as I freaking can in any direction. This causes a shift in dimensions. When you arrive, the place looks like a big grid, with a dark blue sky and purple squares. These squares are entry points, and each of them leads to an Astral Plane. At first, just pick a random one and fly into it, much like moving through objects. After a while, you may want to visit an old one that you liked. To do this, fly into any random square, thinking of the place you want to go to. You should go to your plane. Now, onto Astral Creation. This isnít creating physical objects, but objects out of Astral matter. You can, for instance, make a sword and spar with a friend. You could make a ďpsiballĒ and have it explode on impact to deal with negative entities. To create something, you could make a psiball and form it. It will be visible in the Astral, but it wonít be a psiball, itíll be something out of Astral matter. For those of you who donít know what psiballs are, hereís another technique. While holding your ďhandsĒ apart about a foot, c.oncentrate on energy flowing out through your arms, and forming a ball between your ďhandsĒ. Form the ball with your mind, and always be aware of the object, because it will lose form and dissipate if you forget about it. After a while and you get good, you can try to make your own Astral Plane to screw around in, and you could even try creating intelligent entities!

Conclusion

Well, thatís it for this article. I hope it helped, and I REALLY hope it didnít suck as much as my last one. Keep practicing, get good, and explore a lot of new realms! This is shadowwarrior13, signing off to get FOOD!
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

December 27, 2004, 10:46:10 AM
Reply #1

Samurai Warrior

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I actually read this, and it's VERY much alike the method I use. I think everyone modifies the standard method a bit to suit their likings, and abilities and whatnot. I assume you have read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce? If not, you should. Well anyways good post, and good luck with astral projecting.
In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed.

December 27, 2004, 01:32:04 PM
Reply #2

AngryLeprachaun

• Posts By Osmosis

• Freelance Leprechaun

• Personal Text
    VERITAS LEP
    • View Profile
When I read this article, I thought to myself, "This is a good way to Astral Project!". :)
..::Believe::..

September 12, 2010, 08:35:50 PM
Reply #3

AriesofGod

• Settling In

• View Profile
I saw this and though it was a nice way to keep Astral Projection pretty simple, but after my first real success using projection with the intent of tapping into elemental energies, I have to say...  just plain Astral projection is much more simple than a lot of places I have read make it.  I know this is an old article, but I liked it, and it doesn't have a lot of replies.  As a seeker of knowledge who has a lot of responsibilities in my own daily life, I know I like to find the short ones that are still as insightful as possible and without much fluff.  I like to keep anything I teach other people very basic, because I don't know how they intend to plan to use my knowledge, and I would rather not distract them with things they really might not be interested in.

This page http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/types/wizardry.html inspired my understanding of the Astral.  I think it has some very basic info as well, as does the whole site, but I must admit, the site as a whole has confused me and over the past couple years I have read at least the caste groups 3 times.  By the time I'm done reading those I feel resentful against the webmaster who claims his caste is ultimate above all others...  just a hurtful statement all around.

Anyways, this page lays it out pretty simple.  The astral is a copy of the world we live in.  Yes, there are other entities, even other places and things.  If you do not have some sort of knowledge of where you going, you can't actually go ~there specifically.  You usually start making things up.  The advantage to the astral is that it flows as quick as your mind can think.  This can enhance a lot things in your daily life.  On a basic level, we all use the astral, as a conceptual playground, to do math, figure out if you're going to make the bus on time, and, on a more subtle level, determine the well-being of your own house and home.  These basic functions of the astral can be done with your eyes open and with little projection required.  It is very useful, especially when you don't have time to meditate.

However, you can also use it go somewhere that may or not be real, that you may or may not be aware of its physical existence.  The astral, while making copies of reality, also provides an almost physical form for entities that do not exist physically, but are manifestations of energy. 

Regardless, the fact that the Astral can simply be a copy of this world, is what makes it so simple to project.  Depending on your purpose determines on how far you need to go to get comfortable.  But the key, for me, to Astral projection is visualization.  As an example,  I lay down, get comfortable, relax, breathe, clear my mind, then feel my energy body.  By mentally registering your body, you have already created a copy of yourself.  Now, what you know of the world around you.  First, just simply sense, and maybe pull a little energy, from everything around you.  The walls, floor, the trees outside, the air, maybe you sense everything you are aware of directly connected to where you are at that moment.  For me that would be just about the whole city on my way to work and back, and my knowledge of the public transit routes and places where I used to live in the suburbs.  You don't have to go all that far, just however far makes you comfortable.  Once you have acknowledged all of that, you have already mentally registed and created a copy of it.  You ARE already in the Astral!  Now, just be patient... for me I was still lying in my bed, content with the energies of my small home and the yard outside.  If you have a purpose of where you wanted to go, and what you wanted to do, once again, just be patient and hold that just gently in your Will.  It won't take long, maybe seconds, and suddenly... BOOM!  You're there, dragged past a blur of things and pop, boing.  Done.  Now what,  I don't know... only you do.  Have fun!!  Yes, it is that simple.  If you want to do other things besides traveling, like making copies of your body, etc.,  you can do that, but that doesn't all have to be involved to simply project your conciousness to somewhere you are not.  Also,  you don't ~have to have a purpose, necessarily.  You can wait for something to come along that just takes you away, just be patient.  Anyways, that's my two pennies.  Have fun doing Math :P!

September 13, 2010, 04:17:23 AM
Reply #4

taranis

• Settling In

• View Profile
I've got some questions when I read through your article and the replies: What is the difference between astral and mental porjection? I thought the difference was that in mental porjection you can form the world around you. Is astral projection similar to lucid dreaming and how do you know that you're projecting and not day dreaming or lucid dreaming?

September 13, 2010, 07:34:19 AM
Reply #5

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
Heh, I wish I knew this article existed before. Thank you Aries for bringing it to the top!
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

September 13, 2010, 08:35:28 AM
Reply #6

AriesofGod

• Settling In

• View Profile
@Sethair Not a problem!  I've been doing reading all over and digging deep to find diamonds of knowledge is what I do best!

@taranis First I can say that I never have been a great lucid dreamer.  However, a recent dream that I had was in a familiar setting at a place that I knew existed, but... some things were a little bit different, but all of it was connected to the same 'mental energy' I guess you could say.  My dad's house, the bunk bed I used to sleep in when I lived with my dad, etc.  Even though I was in a real location though I still encountered a most definitely Astral spirit.  Regardless, I'm getting sidetracked, but that I might call a lucid dream because of how real it was and, possibly relevant, the fact that it was in a real location, and the some of the same events kept occuring over and over making a clear message.

I would have to say though that lucid dreaming probably occurs ~more often in the Astral, in a familiar place.  But the main difference I think between Astral and Mental projection is the different planes they occur on.  The mental plane is even further from our reality than the Astral.  For example, the spider in my dream, seemed to turn out to be my dad (I found out after it bit me twice, I heard him sort of taunt me and laugh), but the spider, as well as some my dad's behaviors, could be traced back to an entity on the mental plane (I found this particular entity to be a manipulative energy, which made sense being both a spider and my dad, as well as being traced back through some parts of the church I grew up in that my dad seems to draw so much inspiration from).

I think the most important thing to remember about what the Astral is, is that it is a copy of the physical plane.  The fact that it is more easily influenced by your will and others is probably due to the fact that the mental plane has a direct influence on the astral, but only influences the physical in a subtle way through the astral.  So the astral is actually manipulated very easily, you think, and give your thought a place in the astral to manifest, and there it is.

Dreaming occurs I believe only in the Astral.  I think it's important to remember though, that there are different levels of the Astral.  Let's use day dreaming as one example of a lower level of the Astral.  Let's assume that you are day dreaming about something or someone in particular.  What you are doing is using mental energy (from your body on the mental plane) to produce a projection of that thing you are thinking about... and then your awareness remains focused around that projection you created.  Remember, while some people are not clairvoyant, they can still tell that you are daydreaming and sometimes what you are daydreaming about.  It can be very obvious that your awareness has shifted from your physical body to a mental one, and your physical body is still very ~subtly responding to your mental experiences.  So, I encourage not to day dream too much, particularly when you want to make a good impression on those around you.
But day dreaming can also occur on deeper levels of the Astral that are more directly in touch with other energies on the mental plane.  Writers will do this often, somewhat to satisfy their thirst for inspiration far and beyond any inspiration this physical reality seems to provide them.

I don't know much about the Mental plane other than contains facts and knowledge of the energy that we experience and it can manifest as entities of growing power on higher levels of the Astral plane.  Whatever kind of dreaming you do, lucid dreaming will likely occur at a considerably deeper level than day dreaming, but still one that is fairly closer to this physical reality.

I don't mean to ramble, and I prefer to clean things up a bit before posting them or w/e.  But at the moment I'm at work and need to get focused now.  So, thank you for helping me giving something to think about to draw strength from and get my mind focused before the long day ahead of me.

Thanks again and happy dreaming!

March 10, 2012, 02:27:52 PM
Reply #7

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
guys this is an awesome thread and a very nice article, and at last i found a nice projection board:

here's a question i can't figure out:

''If dreaming takes place on an astral plane (be it lucid dreaming (LD) or non), why is it that OBE masters teach us to retun back to the body from a lucid dream and exit it out again into the rtz, and then go from the RTZ into the astral? Why not go directly from the LD into wherever we want to go in the astral? (especially that an OBE may only last a minute or two while an LD can last for quite a while and is so much easier to manipualte in)'' - This is one thing i have not understood.

''Also, I read that from an LD we can get into an astral layer if we fly really really high up. I tried this once in my LD and after what seemed like a minute or so of flying, suddenly the ground became firm and a very different environment appeared to the dream (more stable, eg: you could move your eyes around without everything changing as your eyes shifted) also the ground sparkled intensely beautiful unlike in a dream (but very much like in an RTZ under a sunshine). Was that an astral layer? But that layer did not have any grids? What was that?