Author Topic: A subforum for science  (Read 2152 times)

November 14, 2004, 07:56:11 AM
Read 2152 times

DarkWaterMoon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
I and some others would like to have a subforum for science added. There has been alot of scientific topics occuring lately so, to help the forums stay better organized, I thought it would be a good idea to add a subforum for it.

November 14, 2004, 10:07:40 AM
Reply #1

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Well seeing as the occult world as we know it is slowly, and I do mean slowly, being investigated and even have feilds of science being dedicated to them, I think it would be a great Idea.  How the organizaton would work I dunno.

November 14, 2004, 11:26:23 AM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Following is the standard reply to forum proposals:  The two competing goals are to provide thorough coverage of topics of interest with sufficient division to not have topics interfering with each other, and to keep the total number of forums as small as can achieve this, to avoid having a huge drawn-out list of forums with low activity.

Our current layout of forums and their associated subforums is designed to achieve this balance.  We're certainly open to suggestions for other forum categories, but you should propose how the new forums would fit into those competing goals.  Basically, show how they would provide a useful and clear division, significantly different from existing forum categories, and with enough public interest in that category to warrant a separate division.  A subforum, such as a subforum for some specific topic under "Other" or "Main Hall" would require less justification, since it is a less intrusive position for a new forum, but even that would require good reasoning to be presented on how its content would differ from the content of "Other" or "Main Hall".

Forum proposals should also be accompanied by a clear one sentence description of the same size as existing description, to make clear what topics the forum would consist of, and how those topics would be clearly divided as described above.

Forum proposals should then be followed by discussion about the merits of the proposal and the usefulness and need for such a forum.  If a proposal is found to
have sufficient merit and seems appropriate for the direction of Veritas, then it will be discussed amongst the Council and a decision will be made.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 14, 2004, 11:58:31 AM
Reply #3

Astral slide

• A Veritas Regular

• Potatoe

• Personal Text
    Potatoe
    • View Profile
I want asension forum then science.
They view but do not post that tis the thing I ahore
non posters are such a bore
how else will they circlate there lore.
Non popsting primal emountion like a boar.
Please post.
Our I will kick you to the aussie coast.
Tis the thing I HATE MOST.
PLEASE DON'T BE LATE REMEMBER THAT COAST. :fightmonk

November 14, 2004, 02:23:06 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Astral slide
I want asension forum then science.

Then apply the above post to the ascension forum proposal, and provide the necessary information in that thread.

(Note that the post has been edited with one extra paragraph at the end explaining how the process should work from that point on.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

November 15, 2004, 10:35:01 AM
Reply #5

Big Z

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
I think i was the first one that mentioned the idea. I just kind of saw that in the "Other" forum there were a lot of scientific questions, and then there started to be some in the psionics forum, and there are probably a lot of science questions in other forums. I'm not really sure if it deserves a sub-forum, not really sure how much work has to go into it to make it. Just thought that it would help remove some of the clutter.
"If you sit by the river long enough all your enemies will float by."
Chinese Proverb

If you jog every day, you will add five years onto your life, but all of those years will be done jogging.