Forums Updated: vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1
version is potentially the same as that in the final, stable (Gold) release.
You will notice that the new images are not a part of this release, as they are taking more time than expected to produce, but they will be along in time for the final, Gold version of vBulletin 3.0.0.
All efforts in producing this version have been towards stabilizing the existing code, rather than creating new functionality, and hence at a glance you may see no difference between vB3 Gamma and vB3 RC1. However, more than 170 bugs and issues have been identified and fixed in the past month, resulting in the most secure and stable version of vBulletin so far.
Here is a short list of some of the bugs and problems that have been resolved in this updated version:
- "Invalid birthday" error on registration
- Made all HTTP header redirects HTTP 1.1 compliant
- Missing "Browse" button on uploads
- Unable to log into moderators' control panel
- Page can't be scrolled in IE while page is loading
- Forms in drop down menus not submittable in Safari
- Password-protected forums show too much information in last post column
- Problems logging into password-protected forums
- Emails show headers in the body / emails rejected because they contain an invalid character in the header
- PMs unable to be deleted
- array_merge() causes errors on PHP5
- Phrases case insensitive in the control panel, but case sensitive when used
- Improper language and encoding of RSS feeds
- Images paths incorrect when CSS is saved as files
- Problems deleting a thread
- Assorted style fixes
- Assorted phrase fixes
Language System Changes
- No longer limited to 30 options for custom profile fields of type: select and radio
- Attachment Manager now displays "File Uploading" message when user submits a file.
- Attachment Manager now updates the post window when an attachment is made.
- The required birthday field for coppa registration now includes the day.
- Admin can set force the Quick Reply editor to be standard, enhanced, or WYSIWYG (if user can use it), overriding the user's chosen editor.
- Custom profile fields can now be included during registration without making them be required.
Changes to the language system and phrases since Gamma have been minimal, although a small number of phrases have been added to the system. Template Changes
A large number of templates have been changed since Gamma, primarily to fix cross-browser rendering issues. A few noteworthy changes include the following:
- It was found that the experimental variable $vboptions[abspath] created more problems than it solved. Therefore, any template that contained the following text src="$vboptions[abspath]/clientscript/ has had that text changed to simply src="clientscript/
- In the Gamma release, all images were instructed to have 'vertical-align:middle' via the CSS editor. This caused problems for many people using images in tables, so this system has been abandoned in favor of a selective system, whereby images that need to have vertical-align:middle now get that styling via class="inlineimg".
Because this version is far more stable, I can begin further customising our system, expanding on it. That's all folks, nothing to see here, move along. :D