Author Topic: newb at this stuff.  (Read 2443 times)

October 24, 2004, 01:52:42 PM
Read 2443 times

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i was wondering how i should go about trying to learn this stuff i read some articles but they didnt really help in the sense that how i should start trying to manipulate psi or all that energy pool garbage i studdy Ki but only the stuff that has to do with martial arts non of that move stuff with ur mind....stuff. any advice would be helpfull.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 02:08:37 PM
Reply #1

Nereus

• Veritas Furniture

• Kher Heb

• Personal Text
    Step I
    • View Profile
    • -
Quote from: Crimson_Fox
i was wondering how i should go about trying to learn this stuff i read some articles but they didnt really help in the sense that how i should start trying to manipulate psi or all that energy pool garbage i studdy Ki but only the stuff that has to do with martial arts non of that move stuff with ur mind....stuff. any advice would be helpfull.

Dear me.
I could be a Grade A Jackass and tell you "stick with Ki", but I'll refrain.
However, I would appreciate it if you formatted your posts better. Capital letters, punctuation, it's not that much to ask.

Moving on.  From what I've gathered, the best way to learn Psionics--or just about anything--is to try it yourself.  If you've read any of the articles from here at Veritas, or even Psipog.net, you've likely read about as "Start Here" as you can get.  Just give it a try, man. You can't go wrong, so just be patient with it.

Just my two cents.
Sometimes my shadow leads, or it follows me, but we never seem to become one and the same.

October 24, 2004, 02:28:22 PM
Reply #2

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Thanx for the info man.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 02:45:11 PM
Reply #3

sunebuoy

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Start out with meditation and energy manipulation. From there, the sky is the limit.
Life is such a wheel that no man can stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, comes round to the same place again.
                             -Stephen King, The Stand

Everything happens for a reason, and there are no coincidences.
                            -My Personal Motto

An optimist is a person who starts working on a crossword puzzle with an ink pen.
                            -Anonymous

October 24, 2004, 02:49:40 PM
Reply #4

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Lowsy sky ill show it. Thanks man.

October 31, 2004, 01:54:39 AM
Reply #5

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Please note that this is NOT a rip-off of Kobok's classes as I have been studying and writing psionics guides years before I enrolled in his class.

You should probably start out by learning information about the following topics and practicing them:

- Meditation / Candle Meditation
- Removing Self Doubt
- Clearing the Mind
- Visualization / Tactile Visualization
- Grounding / Centering
- Sensing Energy / Presences

These are just some basic fundamental skills that most systems of magic / psi / martial arts will teach you before anything else.  So I suggest reading up about them on Veritas / Google / Psipog / Other.  After that you can move on to studying one or more of the following topic areas.

[Psionics]
---Energy Manipulation / Constructs
---Telepathy
---Telekinesis
---Remote viewing
---Empathy
---Shielding
---Astral Projection
---Precognition
[Magick]
---donít know much about this
[Martial arts]
---donít know much about this either

So look those up, once again, on Veritas / Google / Psipog / Other and practice as many as you like.  Just make sure you stay focused.  If you have too much of a load, drop some.  So once you get past the basics, you pretty much set your own limit :).

And speaking of kobok's classes, once the time comes around again, if you feel like you can handle it, try applying to one of the classes offered here by Kobok and Prophecy.  I'm in kobok's class now and it's pretty good.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

October 31, 2004, 12:34:15 PM
Reply #6

InjectedSmile78

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
You don't have to go through

"---Energy Manipulation / Constructs
---Telepathy
---Telekinesis
---Remote viewing
---Empathy
---Shielding
---Astral Projection
---Precognition
[Magick]
---donít know much about this
[Martial arts]
---donít know much about this either"

As TheifDeath said. Just what interests you. That's usually a good reason for doing something. Because it interests you. Anyway, but do start out with Energy Manipulation. Psi Balls and that stuff. If you were to go through the path that TheifDeath has given, switch Shielding and Empathy around. It'd make more sense to me.

[8:17]"Study as if you haven't reached your goal -- as if you're afraid of losing what you have"

October 31, 2004, 12:41:55 PM
Reply #7

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
InjectedSmile78.  The array of mine that you quoted was a list, not a path.  It was intended to give a variety of choices of disciplines to study, not to set an order in which to study them.  You can put any one of those choices that you want first; you don't have to start with Energy Manipulation and move to Telepathy etc.  I'm sorry if I was unclear about that.
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

October 31, 2004, 12:59:39 PM
Reply #8

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
i'd advise to at least be able to shield, even if your not gonna use it often. you never know when it'll come in handy.  Hedging = usefull

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

October 31, 2004, 04:00:56 PM
Reply #9

InjectedSmile78

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: ThiefDeath
InjectedSmile78.  The array of mine that you quoted was a list, not a path.  It was intended to give a variety of choices of disciplines to study, not to set an order in which to study them.  You can put any one of those choices that you want first; you don't have to start with Energy Manipulation and move to Telepathy etc.  I'm sorry if I was unclear about that.

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I didn't really mean it as a "path" really; the best word I could come up with.

[8:17]"Study as if you haven't reached your goal -- as if you're afraid of losing what you have"

October 31, 2004, 04:59:19 PM
Reply #10

Nayru

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quote from: Crimson_Fox
i was wondering how i should go about trying to learn this stuff i read some articles but they didnt really help

I have a hard time learning from articles period. I have this really short attention span.