Author Topic: any of this stuff actualy work??  (Read 3845 times)

October 24, 2004, 01:17:06 PM
Read 3845 times

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i was just wondering if anybody has tryed any of the magik stuff on this site and if anything worked? :confused:
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 01:21:35 PM
Reply #1

beehe

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Who ceast to exsist
    • View Profile
well if  it dosent why is there millions of sites and many things older then the bible on egyptian hyroglyphs and books abou this publiced ....

PS: if this stuff dossent work there must be some drug in the air  :p
~who cares who anyone is long as someone cares about them~egotism at its strongest point

October 24, 2004, 01:24:01 PM
Reply #2

Aurora

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
I'm convinced that this forum wouldn't have... what is it now... 1,910 members if it didn't work.
Now granted I'm no magician yet, still a noob, but numbers like 1910 can't be ignored.
Doam Kalla

October 24, 2004, 01:28:18 PM
Reply #3

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i was just wondering if anyone has acctualy done some of the stuff on this site.

neet i like drugs...i mean.....nothin.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 01:53:36 PM
Reply #4

Nereus

• Veritas Furniture

• Kher Heb

• Personal Text
    Step I
    • View Profile
    • -
Quote from: Crimson_Fox
i was just wondering if anyone has acctualy done some of the stuff on this site.

Yes, they have. A few are even quite proficient at it.
I'd personally suggest reading the articles under the Magic section here at Veritas, and maybe talking to Prophecy if you really want to know more.
Sometimes my shadow leads, or it follows me, but we never seem to become one and the same.

October 24, 2004, 02:06:42 PM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
i was just wondering if anybody has tryed any of the magik stuff on this site and if anything worked? :confused:

Yes, it is real, it does work, and many of us can and have performed these things.  (Myself included.)

I primarilly practice a psi path rather than a magick path, but at a fundamental level the two are very similar (which is why we have them all on a unified site for energy work).  The abilities from the two paths are essentially the same, they are just separate paradigms for performing them.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 24, 2004, 02:50:32 PM
Reply #6

Samael

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
It is growing increasingly vexing to see the various magical disciplines clumped together as if they were a single outlook and or practice.  This is simply false; magic is a diverse collage of disciplines utilising a myriad of techniques and cosmologies -- not simply 'a' cosmology and or Ďaí methodology.  There is indeed a fundamental similarity between all arts but, that is by no means substantial enough to make the pernicious implication of them being one in the same.  If we compare a Necromancer and a Healer (using the terms in a broad sense for the sake of simplicity), we'll see both individuals practice magic; but the magic being practiced is quite clearly not the same.  If the necromancer wanted to make someone ill, for example, he/she may decide to send a necromantic servant to weaken the target, and then proceed to siphon the targetís life force.  In comparison, if the Healer wanted to inflict illness, he/she may decide to misalign a certain group of meridians which would readily provoke frailty.  The two individuals have the same goal [causing illness] but, they approach the task through different means and different mediums (e.g. thanatoic force and qi).  

To summarise the above: magic is the metaphoric garden, and the plants and flowers are the various and equally metaphoric disciplines.

Samael

October 24, 2004, 02:52:59 PM
Reply #7

sunebuoy

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile

SAY NOPE TO DOPE!!! CRACK IS WHACK!!! TOBACCO IS WHACKO(if you're a teen)!!

P.S.A. brought to you by none other than  sunebuoy, keeping people from taking drugs, therefore forcing them find other ways of ending their lives since 1543.
Life is such a wheel that no man can stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, comes round to the same place again.
                             -Stephen King, The Stand

Everything happens for a reason, and there are no coincidences.
                            -My Personal Motto

An optimist is a person who starts working on a crossword puzzle with an ink pen.
                            -Anonymous

October 24, 2004, 03:00:38 PM
Reply #8

Samael

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Disregarding the drivel above, I'd like to mention that experimentation will often prove far more useful then speculation in situations of this nature.  After you're finished with generic magical research (e.g. the history of, magic models, various disciplines, spell theory, et cetera) and developing whatever skills you consider fundamental, I'd implore you to go out there and apply your knowledge.  

Two very helpful hints: do your research and document all your workings.

Samael

October 24, 2004, 03:05:32 PM
Reply #9

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Samael
To summarise the above: magic is the metaphoric garden, and the plants and flowers are the various and equally metaphoric disciplines.

And to the person who has never seen a plant, they are all plants, and they all work by the same basic principles of photosynthesis.  If you want to start asking questions like, "Which plant is good for me to eat?", then you need to get into more detail.  But when you're dealing with questions on the level of "What's a plant?", then the important point is that they are all plants.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 24, 2004, 03:12:32 PM
Reply #10

Aurora

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Samael, magic is magic.  As you said both the Necromancer and the Healer practice magic.  What about the Necromancer, why can't he use your "Death Essence" or whatever you call it, send it into the meridians and cause health problems that way?  And why couldn't the healer send a servitor or something else he/she summoned/created to cause illness?  Each of them could do those things.
Both of those are magic.  Both the healer and the necromancer use will, use energy, use servitors and other... entities, and that equation you slap on everything.  What seperates them?  Intent.  
The different "castes" are simply different due to the intent of the magician.  Call each spell and magician whatever you want, but just remember, they are all magicians practicing magic.  There are different styles (not castes, styles) yes, but they all fit into the broad category magic, and they are all closely related by common themes that make them all magic.

The labels you slap on the different styles are ridiculous at some point, especially when TK starts raving about how people should only practice one style...

Oh, btw sov, in regard to this comment, "Disregarding the drivel above" ---- Chill out.  That was uncalled for.
Doam Kalla

October 24, 2004, 08:35:00 PM
Reply #11

Alhireth-Hotep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I've never run across a definition of magic--at least, a traditional definition of the necessary-and-sufficient type--which I thought adequate.  Human categorization is fuzzy, and the category labelled "magic" is fuzzier than most.  Until we have a moderately complete taxonomy of magic, something which I don't believe will be forthcoming until and unless the study of magic acquires a universally accepted (Kuhnian) paradigm, saying "All magic is really the same sort of thing" doesn't work.  We don't even know what sort of thing magic is in the first place; much less are we able to identify the precise, low-level similarities and differences between different branches.  I, for one, am not even totally convinced that magic is the sort of thing that could be said to "work" or "not work", though on the whole this seems rather unlikely.

As for the first few replies, there are all sorts of reasons why thousands or millions of very intelligent people would "waste their time" on something that doesn't work: Self-delusion, caused by a will to believe or by an effort to reduce cognitive dissonance; enjoyment of the effort itself, heedless of results; simple error in interpreting outcomes...  I'm sure there are many more.  I'm not saying that magic doesn't work, and people have since started posting relevant answers to the original question.  I'm just saying that "1910 members can't be wrong" is not a relevant answer.  I'm also not saying that we can't have knowledge about magic, just that our knowledge in its current state is tentative and rather coarse-grained.

October 25, 2004, 12:57:48 AM
Reply #12

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
I don't think we would be here if it didn't.

Anyway Welcome. "I trust you will get some of it to work for you in the future" :P :elephant:

October 25, 2004, 03:38:06 AM
Reply #13

Astral slide

• A Veritas Regular

• Potatoe

• Personal Text
    Potatoe
    • View Profile
I do but most don't by the way I'm back got banned ages ago just expired.
They view but do not post that tis the thing I ahore
non posters are such a bore
how else will they circlate there lore.
Non popsting primal emountion like a boar.
Please post.
Our I will kick you to the aussie coast.
Tis the thing I HATE MOST.
PLEASE DON'T BE LATE REMEMBER THAT COAST. :fightmonk

October 25, 2004, 02:05:55 PM
Reply #14

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Putting all magic into one category is like putting all mathematics into one category.  It serves a lot of common purposes, where the discipline of mathematics is addressed as a whole- however, there are many parts of mathematics, many of which have little relation to each other (such as, say, fractal theory and number theory).  There may be some mathematics-Samael somewhere complaining about how just referring to the whole bag as "math" terribly misrepresents the entire field, however, that doesn't change the fact that it simply makes sense to refer to it all as a single thing, sometimes.

Such as it is here.  Crimson_fox certaintly didn't care what discipline of magic was demonstrated, when he asked his question.  Likewise, kobok referred to basic similarities which do define, somehow, "magic"- fundamental similarities such as, to analogy back to math, the fact that all mathematics deal with numerical values and logical systems.

So basically, chill, right :cool:?
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.