Author Topic: who here has or does train in Ki.  (Read 5923 times)

October 25, 2004, 06:38:24 AM
Reply #30

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Soz I learnt what i said on psipog articles also the old veritas well articles I got from there.I don't know where to find them now.Anyway the Chi I speak of is like you have Ying and Yang you have Ki and chi so to speak.

October 25, 2004, 08:06:33 AM
Reply #31

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Ki = Chi. Just like potatoes = aardappelen. (english and dutch). There is no 'yin and yang as Ki and Chi'. Period. And what good does compressing Chi in your bones do, except increase the energetic density there? It's not like you're going to 'create jing' or something...
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

October 25, 2004, 08:40:02 AM
Reply #32

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Yes thats Correct that will creat jing.

Darkduck is obviously right he knows more than me on the matter I was miss informed, so judging from how I described it what would you call it then?

October 25, 2004, 09:20:22 AM
Reply #33

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
You mis-read, he said that will NOT create jing. I have read of techniques like those around, I put a site up somewhere once with one. But I don't agree that, that is what jing is. I believe there are a few jings, main one being sexual energy etc...blah blah blah. This could seriously go on forever so again I'm gonna shut my trap while I'm ahead.  :p

October 25, 2004, 10:03:03 AM
Reply #34

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
I think he is describing Bone marrow washing.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

October 25, 2004, 10:09:21 AM
Reply #35

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Quote from: Silver_Archer

...which has about as much in common with 'compressing Chi in your bones' as a pile of dog shit, and an electric guitar. O_o
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

October 25, 2004, 11:09:03 AM
Reply #36

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Actually you'd be surprised how much they have in common DD...
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

October 25, 2004, 08:12:49 PM
Reply #37

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Quote from: Darkduck
...which has about as much in common with 'compressing Chi in your bones' as a pile of dog shit, and an electric guitar. O_o

You have to learn to think from the mind of the guinn ... er.. uninitiated.

October 26, 2004, 08:00:55 AM
Reply #38

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Quote from: Silver_Archer

WTF ? :rolleyes:

October 26, 2004, 09:47:48 AM
Reply #39

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
From an old topic I responded to:

Every time I see a topic like this and the accompanying responses, I can't help but shake my head. Keep in mind I've researched this "name game" of energy for quite a while.

Chi (chee) is the all-encompassing energy of the universe. All matter contains energy, so the universe IS energy. Manifested in humans, Ren Chi is energy that cycles in spirals through pathways called meridians to keep you alive. There are many different kinds of Chi in the human body, but I won't bother getting into that now. It's mostly a oriental medicine concept- kinda inapplicable in Chi Kung unless you have some disease that causes a lack of one of these types of Chi. Smokers and asthmatics, for example, have little kong chi, or chi of the lungs. This can be fixed through accupressure or accupuncture, or Chi Kung. Sometimes you'll see it spelled "qi"- this is a different ROMANIZATION of the same Chinese ideogram/character. Chi is the Wades-Giles romanization (older). Qi is the "pinyin" romanization of the ideogram- same word, same concept, different Western (Roman) spelling. One of the meanings of the Chinese word "kung" is work. In the pinyin romanization, it's gung or gong. That's why you see Kung Fu (hard work....originally not pertaining to martial arts, but to any skill developed over years of practice), Gung Fu, Gongfu...Therefore it could be said that Chi Kung (qigong) means "Energy Work" or "Breath Work", as both breathing and energy movement occur concurrently. In short- Chi=Qi, and Chi Kung=qigong. Got it? Good. Moving on...

Ki (kee) is a Japanese OR Korean concept. It is essentially the same thing, but with one crucial difference- Ki is an umbrella term. Whereas the Chinese (and the East Indians) went through all kinds of pains and studies a long time ago to develop theories about and explore the links between the mind, body, and spirit- and developed many terms like shen (spirit), jing (essence), chi (breath), and many others- the Japanese and Koreans for the most part took a good deal of the Chinese works. Meaning that subsequently Japanese and to a lesser extent Korean practices (Korea is closer to China...) CAN BE watered down considerably.

This explains the Japanese tendancy to describe many more complex concepts as simply having "good ki"- whereas the Chinese would likely break the position down further.

Psi is an odd concept. I personally believe that psi and chi are different in practice, but the same in fundamental precepts and energetic workings. Psionics the art would likely be equated with the Chinese concept of Shen, and to a lesser extent Yi. However, I strongly feel that psi corraborates energetically with Chi- basically, that psionic practices are "powered" per say through Chi. When thought about by someone who practices psionics and chi kung, it only makes sense- spinning that psi wheel doesn't just happen, there's an energy underlying that's fueling the movement. It is not purely mental energy. This is explained by the tai chi adage "The shen gives birth to yi. The yi leads the qi. The qi leads the jing. The jing leads your opponent." The psychospiritual power is the starting point. If I think "I wanna move energy to my hands", it happens. Simple as that.

So in some regards Ki and Chi are the same- the breath of life. However to simply say that they are completely one and the same seems to be kinda uneducated, at most. Psi is mental power, NOT mental energy- mental energy is nervous system energy, and you have nerves all through your body, that largely correlate with the mei (meridians). The energy in it has many names, yadda yadda yadda  *Hears everyone yelling "Shut up, Kouji!"*

I hope this doesn't cause any disagreement, particularly amongst the psions reading. Psi is modern, and based in Science, Logic and Reason, for the most part. Not that there's anything wrong with Science, Logic and Reason- it's just illogical to deny that chi has something to do with psi powers.

Don't even get me started on Jing, prana, mana, et al. Urrk...*keels over*

Now, just to elaborate further- prana is an indian word for 'life force', while mana is an eastern island word for the same.

Jing is touchy. In the sense of the three treasures of shen, qi, and jing, jing is seen purely as sexual essence: sperm in males and eggs in females. The only way to produce more of it is through abstinence paired with qigong or yoga. It is most often translated as "essence".

However, Chinese ideograms can be translated different ways depending on the context of use in the original Chinese. In terms of Taijiquan, and most internal arts, jing means "force" and would be described most often as a force being similar to a sneeze. It's a concentrated application of internal energy, usually in the form of a strike, similar to Bruce Lee's concept of "explosive power". A combination of qigong, breathing, proper body mechanics and posturing when striking.

More about the subject can be read here: http://forums.theveritasacademy.net/article.php?a=68

Oh, and no need to get so defensive or attack me personally. As you can see, I have plenty of people who will defend me should I not be immediately available to do so myself.  :p
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

October 26, 2004, 10:00:43 AM
Reply #40

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Heh...*gets out shield and stands in front of Kouji* Don't worry you'll be ok.  ;)

October 26, 2004, 10:15:55 AM
Reply #41

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Quote from: A.I.M.
WTF ? :rolleyes:

oh seriously, one websearch would have given you enough info to drown in.  :rolleyes:

October 26, 2004, 04:30:44 PM
Reply #42

CrystallineEntrapment

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
And I thought I was misguided. ..Eep.
On those Summer night when the Wind is Tortured with Chill..
Those Summer nights where we make love for Thrills
Those Autumn days the trees Burn with red fire
Those Autumn days we burn with our Desire
Those Winter mornings with heaven's ice cream flows
Those Winter mornings I kiss your cold Nose
Those Spring Evenings we lie together
Together for so long, in the seasons we will die together.
-Crystalline Is Jade?

Rolli Olli Rolli Olli Give me the Raviolli

October 28, 2004, 12:07:53 AM
Reply #43

Nayru

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quote from: Crimson_Fox
I was just wondering who here uses and trains in Ki energy. and how far youve brought it i personaly have used middle classed techs no shields or any of that garbage just pure attacks and maybe a berrier for protection. and i was also wondering how or what u do to train. :D

First off, I don't have a lot of knowledge on Ki and everything related, I've just always had this interest to learn more.. so I might be wrong on this.. Anyway..

"...wondering who here uses Ki energy..."

- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that everyone uses Ki. To like, live.

"...I personally have used middle classed techs no shields... and maybe a barrier for protection."

- I have a question. What exactly are "middle classed techs"? Also what is a "shield" and a "protection barrier"? *Mental images of mideval knights and warriors pop up*

October 30, 2004, 06:10:59 PM
Reply #44

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I really don't want to get into another arguement blah blah blah think what u want, cuz I stoped carring last weekend.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.