Author Topic: who here has or does train in Ki.  (Read 5933 times)

October 24, 2004, 01:59:24 PM
Reply #15

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
You know a good deal eh?  Done your research?  You say that ki balls are fake then, and so I'm brought to wonder where you found your origins in the practice of this art.  Nei Gung implies the use of gathering energy into your hands and forming it between them for cultivation, as does Aikido, Taichi, Qigong, and Hsing I.  Now you say you've studied from real masters?  Some of us here fit the persona of the "masters" you would speak of.  I've been teaching martial arts now for about five years, and I would not consider myself a master, nor would any other humbled martial artist.  

In short, giving us a short and poorly typed explanation of what the center is, is not at all a good demonstration of any degree of intellect.  Now, here is your objective reality check:

-Darkduck has been practicing the internal martial arts for about as long as you've been able to use the toilet on your own.
-I was studying mysticism when you were only an idea in your parents' heads.  
-Kobok has been studying psionics since your parents stopped spoon feeding you.
-Koujiryuu was practicing Qigong when you were learning how to write.

It is not that the teachers here think they are "so smart," as I see to it personally that the egos of the Veritas staff are kept in check.  However, to deny that they have an abundance of intelligence which most people do not in their respective areas is pure ignorance, and to refuse to accept their help in such a manner is only the result of childish stubborness, and the humility in accepting that you do not know it all, and are in fact in a place to recieve advice from someone who may have wrestled his way into more of the light than you have.  

You should be thankful, my friend.  You made a post, and instantly there was critiquing.  Why?  To correct you.  Why correct you?  Because through correction progress is had.  You used some questionable terminology, and now thanks to the comments of the members already, you should be able to see for yourself that it is best not to do so here.  That is step one in becoming a member of Veritas, and many people endure it.  Now, I invite you to make yourself at home, read through the articles, and interact with the other members here.  So long as you keep your attitude in check, we shall have no problems.

October 24, 2004, 02:22:07 PM
Reply #16

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
hey your right and i know allot of martial arts teachers would not acttualy call them selfs masters but my teachers to me are masters, my explenation of the centre may have been poorly written and short but that dosnt mean im stupid i could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about the centre and how some believe that u can create energy balls but i didnt want to make that arguement bigger than it was, all was forgiven between the three of us. my origins in this art started purly when i started martial arts of corse i was not told about ki or the hara at the beginning because i would not understand it i still dont know every thing about it hell no one does and im still learning sure im thankfull but the both of them didnt have to attack me on the subject right away they could have asked me normaly and i would have answered normaly. the art that i study is Bujutsu and it does not inplie the use of gathering energy into ur palms (or cuped hands).it bases itself on gathering energy into the hara. i dont believe that one could create an energy ball for the use of non-contact attacks.maybe storing them into ur hands or feat for a strike, my belief is my own and u cant change it.i dont mean to offend u by this if it has. hey and im sorry if i offended any one but i have a slite anger problem and i cant really do anything about it.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 02:26:56 PM
Reply #17

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
Quote from: Crimson_Fox
hey and im sorry if i offended any one but i have a slite anger problem and i cant really do anything about it.

*grin* you'll fit in perfectly, believe me.
And are you sure it's 'bujutsu', bujutsu is just a general term for (militaristic) japanese martial arts. Did you mean Jujutsu or Aiki(bu?)jutsu perhaps?
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

October 24, 2004, 02:37:47 PM
Reply #18

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
No im studying Bujutsu. I dint figure out it was Milteristic untill my first week in the course. I am a 3rd class studant (Sankyu). I was origonaly interested in ninjutsu but i could not find a place that tought it. then i found a small place down town and they had a hole bullitan of what they tought so i just chose at random. It did give a small course outline but didnt say it was militaristic just said hand to hand combat training and weapons training.
Do not fix your mind on the attitude your rival assumes nor have it riveted on your own attitude or your own sword. Instead, fix your mind on your saika-tan-den (that part of the belly situated beneath the navel) and do not think either dealing a blow at your opponent or the latter dealing a blow at you. Cast aside all specific designs and rush to the attack the moment you see your enemy in the act of brandishing his sword over his head.

October 24, 2004, 02:42:27 PM
Reply #19

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
O_o I have never heared of a martial art called 'bujutsu'...what one would say, is jujutsu is a bujutsu, or taijutsu is a bujutsu, iai-jutsu is a bujutsu...*head explodes*...fnarl...
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

October 24, 2004, 02:48:09 PM
Reply #20

Crimson_Fox

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Yeah i heard somthing like that to, Somthing like every thing else derived from bujutsu or somthing i dunno. but its a fun course.theres a whole history behind it but it would take a long time to explaine.

October 24, 2004, 05:14:28 PM
Reply #21

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Darkduck, I would imagine it to be similar to how some dojos simply say they teach "Karate," oblivious of which system they teach.

October 24, 2004, 06:06:56 PM
Reply #22

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
i think the best defence is not being where the chair was thrown at...!

therefore the use of ki not so much as a shield but as a defensive warning system is good

basicly just a higher level of awareness...knowing where an attack is coming from as soon as the opponent has formed the intent to attack...

the idea of having to use energy to dull the pain is quite silly...when you can avoid the pain altogether...

damn it why have you even got people throwing chairs at you in the first place...since that higher level of awareness has told you that the particular bar is full of bad ass bikers from hell...oh yeah that would be your eyes not your ESP!

the true lesson of martial arts is knowing how not to get into a fight

and heck kouji and DD have earnt the right to be a touch gruff with ttheir words as they know their stuff

as has been implied earlier if you werent working with ki then your dead...or plain weird...

instead maybe the question of who actively/consciously works with ki would be appropriate...

me i do a lot of breathing control techniques and combine them with different forms of movement...whilst this sounds like taichi...i actually have adapted them from much of my learning from traditional karate (goju) as well as ninjutsu/aikido/hapkido...i tend to use ki more for health (since im asthmatic) rtaher than combat...if im in a fight i let my instincts and training take over rather than slowing myself down by thinking that im gonna womp this guys ass with a wiz bang fa jing ki blast
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

October 24, 2004, 11:10:22 PM
Reply #23

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
On the topic of grammar. I turned 15 in October. I joined Veritas about 2 years ago. 15-2=13. That means I've been on Veritas since I was about 13. And did you know that the whole time I was here I was using roughly the same grammar and spelling etc. That's right, a 13 year old using near-perfect (from an apparent viewpoint, not getting too technical and all with sentence fragments etc) grammar online! *gasp* Scary, right? Age, high school, whatever - it's no excuse. The only time I'd let someone off with that excuse is if they were about 7 or lower. And in that case, they probably shouldn't be on Veritas really at all. =/

And for fuck's sake, PLEASE tell me (that means, QUOTE IT) where and how Kouji and DD bashed you. Heck, I'd consider that a pretty damn good reply considering the apparent topic!
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

October 24, 2004, 11:47:34 PM
Reply #24

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
Quote from: Prophecy
Darkduck, I would imagine it to be similar to how some dojos simply say they teach "Karate," oblivious of which system they teach.

*nod* I would believe so. I'm rather nitpicky of styles ^_^'
~DD

October 25, 2004, 01:35:48 AM
Reply #25

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
I do not train in Ki but I do use it sometimes. I don't know about anyone else but I find it more destructive than chi in a way.More powerfull in it's own way.

Eg when playing paintball on psipog I once sent a Ki ball to someone.All of a sudden my computer restarts I get back to the server hardly anyone is there as they get back one by one it turns out all there machines restarted prety freaky ha lol.

An interesting quesion does anyone know why we can't talk about Ki on psipog?

October 25, 2004, 04:30:07 AM
Reply #26

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Eeehhh....AIM...Ki and Chi are the same thing. Just different language. Chi is Chinese, Ki is Japanese, Prana is Indian etc etc. There are possibly some very slight differences in general definition, but they refer to the same basic concept.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

October 25, 2004, 06:27:16 AM
Reply #27

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
I'm not talking about traditional ki.

I know you can create the Ki I am talking about, by compressing it in your bones actualy if you want it just hurts allot.

October 25, 2004, 06:29:48 AM
Reply #28

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Ki = Japanese
Chi = Chinese

There is no difference in whether it is traditional or not, they are the same thing. Also, Qi is the same thing, hence Qi Gong and Chi Kung being the same thing.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

October 25, 2004, 06:33:07 AM
Reply #29

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Again, like Talyn and Tsumaru said ki and chi are the same thing. There's many different ways of saying "life force" to speak from different languages etc. i.e. Ki, chi, qi, prana, mana and many more. What you seem to be trying to describe is "jing" although I don't necessary believe in the definition of it being created by compressing it in your bones, I don't have any specific proof or anything so I'll just stop my blabbering on.