Author Topic: New Info On Affirmations And Telepathy  (Read 2165 times)

October 23, 2004, 06:54:33 AM
Read 2165 times

jimmy1200

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

October 23, 2004, 07:04:47 AM
Reply #1

saiyajin

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    :-*
    • View Profile

October 23, 2004, 07:52:21 AM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I just read the article you posted, and unfortunately it is all crap science.  It all derives from the work of someone named "Pjotr Garjajev", and the entirety of it is summed up with this statement of his:

Quote from: Pjotr Garjajev
The majority tries to understand the principles of the DNA biological computer by appointing oneself exclusively to the DNA Watson Crick Chargaff rules: A-T, G-C. That is correct, but it is so not enough! The DNA chromosomale continuum in living systems has wave attributes, which lets us derive the unknown, a computer-similar program for the setting up of the organisms. The well-known genetic code is a code for protein synthesis and nothing further. Chromosomes in vivo work as solitonic holographic computers under use of the endogenous DNA laser radiation.

First, everyone knows that DNA has some "wave" attributes in that we know that the laws of quantum mechanics are important to determining the arrangement of DNA, just as for every molecule in existence.  There are also more reputable scientists working on this, and using it to lay out the structure of DNA.

As for the "computer similar program for the setting up of organisms", yes, the DNA has alway been considered to function by creating sequences of proteins which by the nature of the ordering of their creation work as a "program" for constructing the organism.

Then he makes an astronomical and unjustified leap to Star Trekie terms like "solitonic holographic computers".  Now I happen to know what solitons are and what holographs are, and I can assure you that this makes no realistic sense.  In addition, he then mentions "endogenous DNA laser radiation" as the mechanism behind the supernatural abilities he's trying to describe.  Not only is there no such thing as endogenous DNA laser radiation, but there fundamentally could not be.  By definition, in order to have laser radiation there would have to be what's called a "population inversion" of the DNA in which a majority of components in the DNA were simultaneously excited to an excited state, while having exactly the same energy level differences so that they could stimulate emission in each other while falling down to the ground state.  This would be completely thermodynamically impossible, as even if by a miracle DNA had components with the same energy level differences which could lase, the only condition under which it could occur would be for the cell to be hot enough to kill all life.

Also, from the article:  "The Russian scientists irradiated DNA samples with laser light.  On screen, a typical wave pattern was formed.  When they removed the DNA sample, the wave pattern did not disappear, it remained."  This is referred to as "systematic error", and it is a product of the system being used to make measurements, and not the sample being measured.  The entire basis of a "controlled study" is that you only consider changes which occur when you introduce a variable (the DNA) as compared to when it is not there.  They did not do this, and as a result they are conducting ridiculously poor science to the extent that I question whether these researchers were ever educated in these matters.

So in summary, the article is just wrong (and very wrong at that).
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 23, 2004, 08:20:49 AM
Reply #3

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
"The Russian scientists also found out that our DNA can cause disturbing patterns in a vacuum, thus producing magnetized wormholes!  Wormholes are the microscopic equivalents of the so-called Einstein-Rosen bridges in the vicinity of black holes (left by burned-out stars).

These are tunnel connections between entirely different areas in the universe through which information can be transmitted outside of space and time. The DNA attracts these bits of information and passes them on to our consciousness.  This process of hyper-communication (telepathy, channeling) is most effective in a state of relaxation."

Sounds interesting

October 23, 2004, 08:40:59 AM
Reply #4

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
Automatic dismissal as crap eh?
Now that is unjustified, you realise that is more like a book review than anything else, why dont you click on that link and tell the author's you think their research is crap, I'd like to hear their response.

edit: oops.

October 23, 2004, 09:20:35 AM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Quote from: Athiril
"The Russian scientists also found out that our DNA can cause disturbing patterns in a vacuum, thus producing magnetized wormholes!

This is not possible.  An approximate value for the mass of human DNA is 7 x 10^-13.  Plugging this into the Schwarzschild Equation which gives the value of the radius for a black hole of that mass (which would require all of the mass to be within that radius in order for it to be a black hole) as 1 x 10^-39 meters.  The Planck Length which roughly represents the smallest length with any real meaning is 1.6 x 10^-35.  This means that DNA is about 16,000 times too light to have enough gravitational influence to create a black hole under any conceivable condition.

Quote from: Athiril
Automatic dismissal as crap eh?
Now that is unjustified, you realise that is more like a book review than anything else, why dont you click on that link and tell the author's you think their research is crap, I'd like to hear their response.

Not automatic.  I dismiss it as crap because I read it, considered it, and determined that it quite clearly is crap.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 23, 2004, 10:54:52 AM
Reply #6

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
I second the motion that this is crap. And it's not just crap, it's steamy, freshly laid golden-yellow and lukewarm crap.
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

October 25, 2004, 03:41:51 AM
Reply #7

A.I.M.

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
LOL Starwars meets Star trek.

Some of it is true and makes sense and well most of it doesn't Ill applaud him for his good writing skills.

"Now let me go link my wormhole to the 7th Asteral plain and suck up as much energy as I can lol" JJ :elephant: