Author Topic: Book readings and then discussions in the chatroom?  (Read 14439 times)

October 15, 2004, 08:25:40 PM
Reply #15

Unforgiven

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Alrighty now... here is the logs.

(Edited a bit so it's easier to read, btw Kakkarot you smiley too much.. the forum kept yelling at me because of it.. :P)

(kakkarot) Ok, before we begin (a tad early), I'd like to say two things: First, we're not here to debate semantics. Secondly, the author says that the religion behind the stuff he talks about is unimportant. Let's just agree with him and leave religion out.
(Bobrobyn) I don't like the book.   I'll start off by saying that.
(shadowwarrior13) im here
(shadowwarrior13) i liked
(shadowwarrior13) it
(kakkarot) Please, for the sake of much discussion, think before you type, and type your thoughts on single lines.
(shadowwarrior13) yeah i agree
(`Wil) I liked it but I thought it had somewhat of a magick-bassed idea behind the book.
([ThiefDeath]) *kind
* kakkarot changes topic to 'First Topic: Overall'
(kakkarot) I disliked the book. (Do not /notice)
(Orthas) i liked the guide
(Unforgiven) The guide seemed like a chakara rip-off to me.
(Bobrobyn) Okay, I didn't like it, cause it seemed too much full of BS, and it was too new agey.  Why'd you guys that liked it, like it?
(kakkarot) I thought the book was too steeped in "I'm saying this is fact and you'll just have to believe me" kind of discussion. There was much the person presupposed and expected the reader to just accept as true, eventhough the author offered no proofs to his statements.
* Kiirar has joined #veritasclass
(`Wil) I didn't like the entire book but some of what was said made me think.
(Bobrobyn) kak - I agree
(Unforgiven) The beginning seemed alright but once it started getting into 'The middile pillar' it just hit rock bottom.
(kakkarot) As well, I found it to be at best aimed at beginners.
(Orthas) the words were just strange
(`Wil) Middle Pillar, thats something to do with magick is it not?
(Orthas) the ones you were supposed to say
(Unforgiven) `Wil: I would'nt know I don't study Magick, but in this book it was a 'centre' of spiritual energy.
(kakkarot) If anyone here has not read the book, please do not engage in the discussion.
(Kiirar) what book?
(shadowwarrior13) lol
(Unforgiven) ...
(Orthas) lol
(`Wil) The one thats being discussed...
(kakkarot) http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf
(Orthas) i've read the book ).)
(Orthas) (.(
(Unforgiven) I say kick the people who hav'nt read it out. All these pauses are pissing me off.
* kakkarot changes topic to 'VeritasClassroom. Today's book: http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf First Topic: Overall theme and analysys.'
(Orthas) theifdeath wants to join the class
(`Wil) Even though the book was aimed at beginners I thought the book had some good general idea's... even if they were visulization techniques.
(`Wil) Orthas, He has not read the book and has to reason to be here
(Unforgiven) Did anyone even have any luck trying the techniques?
(Bobrobyn) Yeah, but a _lot_ of it was fluff.
(Kiirar) Wil:  I was not in here when the discussion began.
(`Wil) Bobrobyn, An example?
(Kiirar) What book.
(Orthas) anyone could come up with something ike that
* Xenobius has left #veritasclass
(`Wil) (@kakkarot) http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf
(Kiirar) apologies.
* Orthas hits kiiar
(Unforgiven) It side-coursed alot, the book was suposed to be around 'healing' it seemed the author wandered off a bit, no?
(kakkarot) Unforgiven: I've done something similar for a number of years in my life now. I'd say his method is rather .. filled with useless things.
(Orthas) ye
* Kiirar sets the two headed dog orthus on Orthas
(Unforgiven) kakkarot: Agreed.
(kakkarot) Kiirar: Discussion of the book only please.
(shadowwarrior13) this discussion is not going as planned :P
(Kiirar) sorry kak
(kakkarot) Orthas: Discussion of the book only please.
(Orthas) if you want to fight /join kickass
(Unforgiven) We're going to have to edit the logs..
(kakkarot) shadow: There was no plan.
(Unforgiven) No one would want to read this mess.
(Orthas) true
(shadowwarrior13) lol
(kakkarot) So anyway. Is there anything else anyone would like to mention about the overall book?
(Orthas) everyone hated the book
(shadowwarrior13) i liked it
(Orthas) so there's no arguement
* `Wil didn't hate it
(Orthas) then argue
(Nacturnal) err
(Orthas) we all seem to agree and then the conversation goes nowhere
(kakkarot) So, lets move onto the next topic then.
(shadowwarrior13) lol
* kakkarot changes topic to 'VeritasClassroom. Today's book: http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf Second Topic: First chapter.'
(`Wil) I agree with most of what you are saying but I didn't HATE the book. It had some good idea's for beginners and it was aimed at healing just not so much towards the first 3/4ths of the book.
(Orthas) it's good technique for starting meditation
(shadowwarrior13) yeah
(Orthas) like the loving kindness meditation
(Unforgiven) Despite what the author said, I think this book was rather favored towards religions more than others. Notice all the examples in the section 'prayer' are all christian texts from the bible
(kakkarot) Untapped Currents (does everyone have a copy of the ebook open right now?)
(Kiirar) am reading it now
(Orthas) no
(Unforgiven) kakkarot: I do.
(shadowwarrior13) no
(shadowwarrior13) but i will
(Orthas) its still in a window
(Nacturnal) well
(`Wil) Unforgiven, Prayer is just a form of magick, such as a chant. This book had a lot of magickal idea's behind it.
(Nacturnal) I ave to say the book was "ok"
(Orthas) i haven't printed it so it's quite hard
(Nacturnal) not good
(Nacturnal) I havent really understood most of it
(kakkarot) In this portion, it seems the author is starting to build a base for the understanding which he later puts forth regarding his method and why it, in his theory, works.
(Unforgiven) `Wil: Agreed, but it is still undeniable the favortism from this book, no?
(Nacturnal) but my rough point of view would be that this book is ok
(Nacturnal) ok can ...we ..continue?
* xavier847 has joined #veritasclass
(`Wil) Ok not this chapter but chapters ahead it does
(Nacturnal) no
* `Wil forgot we were talking about the first chapter
(kakkarot) He starts with the "universal energy which permeates everything" idea. This idea is found in many cultures around the world and is not exclusive to just chi.
(Kiirar) Wil: agreed
(Nacturnal) exactly
(Kiirar) have a nice night all
(`Wil) Along with the breathing, it has a chi/qi feel to it.
* Kiirar has quit IRC (Quit: Gather ye rosebuds while ye may/Old time is still a'flying:/And this same flower that smiles today/Tomorrow will be dying.)
(Unforgiven) I still think this 'universal energy' could of been described more in depth.
(Nacturnal) wil: energy is energy no matter how you put it
(Nacturnal) psi feels the same
(Bobrobyn) There are different types of energy, IMO.
(Nacturnal) ok....
(`Wil) Heading off course now
(Nacturnal) *cough...debat *cough
(Nacturnal) debate*
(kakkarot) So, anything else to add to this portion of the discussion? If not we can move on to "What is Fatigue?"
(xavier847) kobok's latest article suggest psi is different from any form of energy we can label
(Unforgiven) Nope.
(Bobrobyn) Basically, internal and external are the only types I know, haven't formed an opinion on Qi/chi.  I've only used psi.  Sorry, thats all I'll say Nacturnal.
(Unforgiven) ok... now we're totally side-tracking
(Bobrobyn) Yes, thats why I said I'll stop talking :P
(Nacturnal) Bob: try Ki and mabye for you
(Nacturnal) it will feel the same
(`Wil) Ok.. second chapter...
(Nacturnal) yes
(Nacturnal) o.o
(kakkarot) The author describes fatigue as being a "depletion" of vitality and cosmic force in one place and as a resistance to such forces in another. The definitions aren't neccessarily mutually exclusive.
(xavier847) I think cosmic force is vague
(kakkarot) In one sense, I must agree with the idea that resistance to the flows of energy causes a sort of fatigue in the body and spirit.
(Orthas) also sleep deprevation etc
(xavier847) I see the human body as having its own set level for proper self-sustainment and being below that level creates fatigue
(kakkarot) In another sense, I do not believe that simply finding a way to stop this resistance is how to rid one's self of the fatigue.
(`Wil) I don't think the human body can die if you use up to much of your energy. I do however believe that when you die the body does not contain any more energy as energy is stored in the 'soul' of sorts.
(Orthas) i'm sorry but i'm just too tired to think anymore
(Bobrobyn) Ya, you _do_ need to eat right, excercise ect.
* Orthas has quit IRC (Quit: it's 2 in the bloody morning i've got to get up in 5 hours, oh shit)
(Unforgiven) Agreed, he makes it seem as this is the answer. There's alot more to it than a poor flowage of energy, and I don't think it's enough to be fatal.
(`Wil) He also talks about how Energy is involintary.
(Nacturnal) wait
(Nacturnal) it might be possible
(Nacturnal) becuase if
(kakkarot) I disagree with that in one sense. To lead a normal and healthy mundane life, those things are certainly neccessary, but there are some in the world who can live without food and who spend much/most of their time in meditation-like states.
(Nacturnal) that
(Nacturnal) would
(Nacturnal) be
(Unforgiven) Nacturnal....
(Nacturnal) for some ppl
(kakkarot) that being bobrobyn's statement.
(`Wil) Nacturnal, One line, please.
(Nacturnal) "some"
(Unforgiven) http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf
(kakkarot) Nact: ONE LINE per full thought.
(Nacturnal) only some ppl Kak
(Bobrobyn) kak - okay, WHO lives without food?
(Unforgiven) Too late.
(Nacturnal) someone can
(Nacturnal) but it would be for some pp;
(`Wil) In a meditative state your entire body slows down and there would be no need to eat as often.
(kakkarot) Bobrobyn, there are a few in this world who have learned to live on just the "universal energy"
(Nacturnal) ppl* and most cant do it
(Nacturnal) so there are a few expectation
(xavier847) Ive read about a guy in the middle east whose considered to be a goddess and doesnt eat
(Bobrobyn) kak - can you back up your claim with a website/book?  (I've never read nor seen that before)  Just curious.
(Nacturnal) Buddhist breathing
(xavier847) scientists did tests on him and he's perfectly healthy, i think it was something like 40 years without food
(`Wil) kakkarot, No, because this 'universal energy' does not provide neutrients and minnerals to the vital organs to sustain life.
(`Wil) Life as in, physical life.
(Nacturnal) Buddhist breathing provides energy for ppl
(kakkarot) bobrobyn: There was a news article on the web about one such person who was able to live like that, in a locked room, under the supervision of scientists, for a week with only a very little (10mg per day) water.
(Nacturnal) as you take "Ki" in
* kakkarot sets mode: +vvv `Wil Bobrobyn Nacturnal
* kakkarot sets mode: +vvv Nereus shadowwarrior13 Unforgiven
* kakkarot sets mode: +v xavier847
(kakkarot) Nact: Put your thoughts into full sentences on single lines.
(Unforgiven) Yeah, energy is more of benefiting the healthiness of the spiritual body, I don't see how you could go without food without it having any negative effects on the body. :\
(Unforgiven) +physical
* Koujiryuu has joined #veritasclass
(kakkarot) It would take me a while to find the news article, so let us continue the discussion as it is irrelevant anyways. (I'll post it when I do find it)
(Nacturnal) k... many people have gone without food but many people who have problems in the meditative state it would be imposssible
(xavier847) the physical body is dependent on the spiritual one
(Bobrobyn) kak - thanks
(Nacturnal) Spiritual one?
(Nacturnal) we are all one
(`Wil) Going a tad bit off track...
(kakkarot) Anything else people would like to say about the "What is Fatigue?" portion?
* kakkarot sets mode: +v Koujiryuu
(Nacturnal) nope
(Nereus) Duality + nonduality, right? We're all one, but still seperate bodies? (Random thought, wee.)
(Unforgiven) Nacturnal: That's a pretty big statement there, I would go into it further but it touches around religous beliefs.
(xavier847) Our perception of seperation is what allows us to advance
(Nacturnal) too
(Nacturnal) vague for that
(Nacturnal) please explain more
(Bobrobyn) I think I know where he got that :P
(Unforgiven) I see the physical body as a cavern for the soul/spirit.
(Bobrobyn) I think he got it from psipog, if I'm not mistaking?
(`Wil) The next chapter, "The First Two Steps To Health", this is where I was talking about it being closer to Ki/Qi with the breathing.
(Unforgiven) In a sense it is one, but but they're kinda two different entities.
(`Wil) Breathing does provide your body but not much...
(kakkarot) Does he use the term chi in this chapter?
(Unforgiven) Which chapter are we on?
(`Wil) kakkarot, No he does not, it just reminded me of it.
(Unforgiven) The fatigue one still?
(kakkarot) Ok. Unforgiven: We have moved onto "The First Two Steps to Health".
(`Wil) *provide your body with energy but not much
(Unforgiven) Ahh.
(Unforgiven) Alrighty.
(Unforgiven) I can't disagree on the breathing exercise, as I am a strong follow in Qi Gong, breathing exercises can have positive effects on the body.
(`Wil) Ok then.. well any thoughts?
(kakkarot) I personally disagree with his idea about the first two steps. I think the first step is to look within one's self for that which is unhealthy (mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually) and acknowledge it, and the second step is to begin doing something about those things.
(`Wil) kakkarot, Doing something as in energetically?
(kakkarot) Doing whatever needs to be done with each unique "unhealth".
(xavier847) Part of recognizing those problems requires a healthy enough mind state to truthfully acknowledge them, so i believe his first steps are reasonable
(kakkarot) The author's purported first two steps are to acknowledge the vast resevoir of energy, that he talked about prior, and to accept it into one's life with the second step is the regulated breathing.
(xavier847) Yea
(xavier847) That gives proper perspective to the individual in need of healing
(xavier847) without a grounded state of awareness the individual may misinterept and probably do more damage by leading himself in a wrong direction
(`Wil) kakkarot, You know, by going chapter by chapter there is really no need to READ the book as everyone appears to be reading the chapter to refresh what they read :P
(kakkarot) I do agree that regulated breathing is very important to the maintained health of the physical body and the energy body, but I would dispute the idea that is it neccessarily one of the first two steps that need to be taken. To follow this author's advice is to be like a trusting and naive sheep.
(kakkarot) Wil: It is better to read first and then read to review than to just read as we go along.
(Nacturnal) isnt grounding making yourself nutruel
(Koujiryuu) I regret to admit that I have not read Mr. Regardie's essays, therein there is no reason for me to be in this room further. Good health and training to you all.
* Koujiryuu has left #veritasclass
(xavier847) Well, I believe these problems should be meditated on to be acknowledged
(Unforgiven) First step I agree with kakkarot, second I stand by what I said earlier.
(xavier847) and the first two steps are some of the major factors I consider when beginning meditatino
(Nacturnal) lo
(Unforgiven) The author is being a bit hypocritical
(Unforgiven) meditatino?
(Nacturnal) breathing has always had and will be having positive effects on our body
(xavier847) until your in a room of noxious fumes
(Nacturnal) if we didnt breath we wouldnt have any energy for the organs to functon
(Nacturnal) and produce more energy
(`Wil) Not just the organs, every cell in the body
(`Wil) Everything needs oxygen
(kakkarot) One of the deeper reasons that I have a problem with the author's advice is that in simply trusting that the author is right, one does not need to take a deep look within themselves in order to see what is truly there. The reader can stay shallow and vain, which are both, imo, disservices to any faucet of "true healing".
(Nacturnal) xavier: I agree
(Unforgiven) That's just simple biology, healthier breathing.. more oxygin flow
(xavier847) kakkarot: i whole-heartedly agree with that statement
(Nacturnal) me ypp
(Nacturnal) too*
(Nacturnal) sorry typing in the dark
(`Wil) Which is why breathing is vital to health as the more oxygen you getting the better your body can fight off illnesses, repair damage, and in general function better.
(xavier847) Unforgiven: but it has greater affects than on simple biological factors
(Unforgiven) xavier847: I never said it didn't.
(Nacturnal) Unforgiven: biology has alot to do with metaphyics
(Nacturnal) and life science
(`Wil) Which is why it could very well be the first step to being healither :P
(kakkarot) From my experience, I would say that too much oxygen in a system that is not ready to handle it could be detrimental, both physically and mentally. For the beginner, proper deep breathing should be practiced in moderation whereas those who've been at it for long enough need never neccessarily stop breathing deeply.
(kakkarot) in moderation, as the body learns to adjust to it*
(Unforgiven) So.. excessive amount of deep breathing can be harmful?
* RedBlade has joined #veritasclass
(Nacturnal) buddhist breathing and daoist breathing are a very good way too breath
(Nacturnal) Unfogiven: yes
(kakkarot) Hello Redblade. Have you read the ebook mentioned in the topic?
(`Wil) I do not see how it could be bad... give a better example kakkarot?
(kakkarot) Too much oxygen in a system that cannot handle it properly results in delirium.
(Nacturnal) for example if I breathed too much it would seem I am Psychotic and
(Unforgiven) Nacturnal: Please explain. (Not trying to argue, just intrested.) And a bit worried as I have been doing deep breathing techniques for quite along time now. Although I have never suffered from serious effects that I think are directly due to breathing.
(Nacturnal) Look
(Unforgiven) kakkarot: Thanks.
(kakkarot) Temporary of course, but nonetheless detrimental.
(Unforgiven) Nacturnal: No need, I'm quite satisfied now.
(Unforgiven) Let's move onto the enxt chapter.
(Nacturnal) if I were to breath  to much cells are getting energy from it and cells are getting bigger and the heart might not be able to handle it
(kakkarot) Everyone is in agreement to move on to "Rhythm"?
(Nacturnal) yes
(kakkarot) Alright. Final thoughts for the current portion can be said, and then lets move onto Rhythm
(Nacturnal) I dont think everything moves with a rythm many things can be off course
(`Wil) The entire paragraph in the "Rythm" chapter isn't really about rythem just more about breathing. I think "First Two Steps" and "Rythm" could have been combined.
(kakkarot) Firstly, I'd like to disagree with his whole supposition in this portion. I do not believe that mankind, especially each singular individual therein, has a specific "rhythm" that should be, or is expected to be, adhered to.
(kakkarot) The substance of this portion, as wil mentioned, seems to be an attempt at a further explaination of the previous portion.
(Unforgiven) Agreed. Move on?
(Unforgiven) I don't have much to say about this chapter.. :\
(Nacturnal) me either
(kakkarot) Well, I would like to mention that I disagree with the authors supposition that breathing is the best way to gather this power after he already declared that the power is everywhere already, including in our very cells
(Nacturnal) I was kinda confused on this one
(kakkarot) But that's just me being nitpicky.
(Nacturnal) your right ..actually
(Unforgiven) Next chapter is gonna be fun... The middle pillar..
* Unforgiven grins
(Nacturnal) there is no more Extrodinary power in our cells
(kakkarot) So, nothing to further say on this section? On to "Mental and Spiritual Centers"
(Nacturnal) only to do regular work for the body
(kakkarot) (Let it be known that if I decide that "we move on", it is not expected that you cannot still discuss things previous. Please, if you think I'm moving on too fast, slow me down and back us up :) )
(Nacturnal) no its ok
(Nacturnal) please
* Unforgiven nods
(Nacturnal) move on
(kakkarot) His suppositions that there are non-physical "organs" within the nature of the human is an idea which has been proposed before, in a(t least) few cultures.
(`Wil) Chakra's.. except there are less here heh
(Nacturnal) The body also intakes and controls energy
(Unforgiven) This chapter is like an introductory to the 'centres' which he later calls 'phsychic organs', this author must be misinformed as those are not the only ways to gather energy, I think all of it was quite useless
(Nacturnal) I tottaly disagree on that one
(kakkarot) Many paradigms of "understanding" talk about specialized energy centers which have various "specializations" in their use. Some call them chakras, some call them other things.
(Nacturnal) focal popints
(Nacturnal) points*
(kakkarot) Has anyone here studied the middle pillar ritual, and can you confirm whether the diagram provided in this book actually is from that system?
(Unforgiven) Althought keeping your 'chakras' (whatever you wanna call them) would greatly have a positive effect on energy flow
(Unforgiven) Unfortunately no.
(Nacturnal) the middle pillar ritual is like parying to Goddess's or to God's (paganism) also used for some other stuff
(Nacturnal) I havent got into that one
(Nacturnal) It would be like centering
(kakkarot) (http://forums.theveritasacademy.net/showthread.php?t=2615 for the without food thread that was posted on veritas. Unfortunately it does not, as far as I can see, link to the actual news article)
(Unforgiven) Sounds to me like he gathered a bunch of sources and is confusing them all together
(Nacturnal) A powerful energy-invoking exercise used to bring down the Light of the Golden Dawn, the vivifying Light of our Order, into the body of the Initiate. Once the Light has been installed in the Heart (point 9 below), it may effectively be channelled outward as healing and transformative energy. When used in this fashion, the Golden Dawn Light that has been installed in the Heart center in point 9 is channelled through the palm of the han
(`Wil) No the diagram is not like the middle pillar exersize in magick.
(kakkarot) Ok.
(`Wil) James (6:55:33 PM): the 5 you're talking about are the sephira's on the tree of life
(`Wil) James (6:55:59 PM): those 5 sephiras are the 'pillar of mildness'
(Nacturnal) This exercise stands by itself as an energy focusing work, and may be utilized by any Initiate on a regular basis -- and certainly ought to be activated before attempting any transmittal of healing energy. It may also be done as part of a longer ritual process, such as following the LBRP and the Rose+Cross Rite, in that order. In this way, the LBRP clears and purifies your space; the Rose+Cross establishes a clear white background upo
(`Wil) He knows more than me about the subject
(Nacturnal) there
(Nacturnal) thats all i know
(Nacturnal) and some exercises
(Nacturnal) but havent really tried them
(kakkarot) (My mistake, there was a link to the actual news article in that thread. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3236118.stm )
(Unforgiven) nice paste
(Nacturnal) yup
(Unforgiven) url?
(Nacturnal) got it from my doc
(Unforgiven) oh
(Nacturnal) wait let me find it
(Nacturnal) i might remember
(Unforgiven) ok
(Nacturnal) http://home.earthlink.net/~xristos/GoldenDawn/rituals03.htm
(`Wil) Anyways perhaps we should get back on track :)
(Unforgiven) let's move onto "though, colour, and sound"
(kakkarot) So anyway. Is there much else to say about this portion?
(Nacturnal) no
(Nacturnal) not much
(Unforgiven) Nacturnal: Thanks.
(Nacturnal) your welcome
(kakkarot) It seems that he is simply stating that there are chakras (psycho-spiritual organs).
(Nacturnal) the body responds to color
(Nacturnal) also
(`Wil) This discussion is taking a LONG TIME heh
(Nacturnal) used in trance states
(Nacturnal) i might be rong?
(kakkarot) He names a few (without bothering to mention that other systems teach varying numbers of such things) and names them (in manners I've never seen named before)
(kakkarot) Wil: It's only been an hour
(kakkarot) Anyone have any ideas on how to speed this up then?
(Unforgiven) lol stop crying
(Unforgiven) I like this speed :\
(`Wil) Yea, and at the rate we are going (being as we are only about 1/4th through the book it's going to be another hour or two
(Nacturnal) I think we already are
(Unforgiven) Hmm.
(Nacturnal) actually its been more
(kakkarot) In the "Thought, Colour and Sound" portion I disagree with the idea that each chakra is inherently associated with a colour.
(`Wil) Actually.. after the "THOUGHT COLOR AND SOUND" chapter we can make all the indivitual 'psycho-spiritual organs' one chapter.
(Nacturnal) it also associated in alot more
(Unforgiven) I say give a 10 min break, we can reread certain sections of importance and comeback with an overall analysist (more in depth than before)
(Unforgiven) and then discuss from there
(Unforgiven) and touch on the finer-points of the book
(kakkarot) Everyone agree to that?
(kakkarot) I do :)
(`Wil) kakkarot, Yes, but I don't like how he assigned his own colors to each 'organ' as I think people should come up with their own colors for each one.
(`Wil) IF they want to assign colors at all.
(Nacturnal) yes they are already been assigned by "higher forces"
(`Wil) But then agian he shoulds kind of set in his ways :P
(`Wil) Nacturnal, Yes but you should still assign your own colors.
(`Wil) Perception is different for everyone.
(Nacturnal) in excercises
(Nacturnal) lets take 5
(Nacturnal) please...
(Unforgiven) I think the colors would vary on different people just like auras. Some colors effect people different than others.. etc..
(`Wil) Everyone want a break?
(`Wil) Ok ok, how about we take a 10 minute break.
(Nacturnal) Breaks?
(Unforgiven) yes
(Nacturnal) ok
(`Wil) kakkarot? :P
(Unforgiven) I think he already took his ^_^ lol
(`Wil) Ok then, meet up in 10 minutes.
* Unforgiven waves
(kakkarot) Nothing else people would like to discuss?
(kakkarot) Anyone else?
(kakkarot) I personally found the energy fountain excercise to be one which is able to be found in many places.
(kakkarot) I think the first place I saw it was a qigong excercise actually.
(kakkarot) I guess the class is done then.
(kakkarot) Anyone want to suggest a book for next time?

For the people that missed it, we're still open for discussion so just post your thoughts.

My suggestion on the next book is one I found on Chi Tai Chuan. I have it uploaded to my server for anyone to view.

http://datawaste.randomdata.net/Tai_Chi_Chuan.pdf
What do you all think?

October 15, 2004, 08:47:52 PM
Reply #16

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
88 pages, it's a bit long, unless the next one is in 2 weeks time.

October 15, 2004, 09:31:12 PM
Reply #17

Unforgiven

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: Athiril
88 pages, it's a bit long, unless the next one is in 2 weeks time.

Right, but I would assume hense it is longer we would get an extended amount of time to read it.

October 17, 2004, 02:21:05 PM
Reply #18

igalk474

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/dragon2/ball_z/index.html
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/TheArtofTrueHealing.pdf

what is the middle pillar good for?
 is it magick or chi?
 can it be dangerues?
 how can someone know if he have done it properly?
 and what if it's done unproperly?
 what should someone do in  that case?

October 17, 2004, 05:20:44 PM
Reply #19

Unforgiven

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
The excersises seem utterly useless to me. They might be useful to help create a healthier flow of energy but there are easier ways to do it. It would seem this article has been dervived from chi and magick sources so it is hard to tell. I don't see any point in doing the techniques but feel free to try them for yourself, they shouldn't harm you.

October 17, 2004, 09:55:34 PM
Reply #20

igalk474

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i felt some difference in my energy flow
 i also feel a change in my balance , when i stand on the legs  it feels a little better (it's hard to explain the feelling) but my hand stand got a lot worser
 could be that i haven't spend the exactly same time on stimulating the energy centers

i just don't know if i have done it properly?

what should i do if i have done it unproperly?

i have heard somewhere that some people got killed from magick and that it can be dangerues

October 23, 2004, 01:32:55 PM
Reply #21

igalk474

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile

November 06, 2004, 07:56:06 PM
Reply #22

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
http://datawaste.randomdata.net/Tai_Chi_Chuan.pdf was the new book chosen to be read. Anyone have an idea of a timeline for when discussion should take place?

How about a week from this coming up tue... dang. Halo 2 is coming out this week.... ah well. A week from this coming up tuesday. How does that sit with everyone?

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

November 27, 2004, 08:33:51 AM
Reply #23

Deathrune

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Your right english dude  have one run by the Irish. Astralslide forgot his password and created me.
Astral slide forgot his password Okay. :fightmonk

November 30, 2005, 06:54:08 PM
Reply #24

Fromadistance

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    He comes from a distance.
    • View Profile
Did this die?  Because I think this is a great idea?This could stimulate more reading and learning among the interested people here, and could allow people to get a deeper understanding of many important texts through reading multiple perspectives.
Anyone else interested in doing more book discussions?

If there is anyone else... even just 1 or 2 people, PM me or post here.

December 01, 2005, 08:06:51 AM
Reply #25

Creature

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
    • View Profile
    • Creature's Sanctuary forum (rest of site under construction)
YES! That's an awesome idea!  Creature would definately be interested.
<Kanifer> America invented MTV. 
<Shadowarrior13> Kanifer, shut up.
<Shadowarrior13> We don't want them knowing that.

"If you American types don't start doing a better job of choosing presidents, we're going to have to revoke your independence..."
-- Philosopher

December 01, 2005, 02:09:08 PM
Reply #26

Fromadistance

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    He comes from a distance.
    • View Profile
Great, that's one!  Any others?
If not, Creature, let's do it! ;-).

December 01, 2005, 02:13:56 PM
Reply #27

Fou Lu

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

December 03, 2005, 05:22:36 PM
Reply #28

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• B̮̜̳̲͕ͦ̍͟ͅe̡̋̈́ͬ̐ả̬̹̳̼̫̜̟͂͛ͣû̓͑̚t̀̉҉̤y̌͂

• View Profile
Well, I doubt it would be that hard to restart it. Just need to get a time set up and such.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

December 03, 2005, 06:43:12 PM
Reply #29

Creature

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychopath
    • View Profile
    • Creature's Sanctuary forum (rest of site under construction)
By the way, if anyone is interested in reading about and researching the history of magick and different esoteric traditions, there is a research group forming in the Magick forum:

http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=7095.0

This should be so much FUN!!! ^_^
<Kanifer> America invented MTV. 
<Shadowarrior13> Kanifer, shut up.
<Shadowarrior13> We don't want them knowing that.

"If you American types don't start doing a better job of choosing presidents, we're going to have to revoke your independence..."
-- Philosopher