Author Topic: Christopher Reeve  (Read 1323 times)

October 11, 2004, 05:33:55 PM
Read 1323 times

Aurora

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Today Christopher Reeve died, age 52.
I can't describe how upset I was when I heard this.  He has been through so much.  He was paralyzed from the neck down for over ten years of his life... that kind of life would have just made me beg for death, but instead of giving up hope, he raised a lot of awareness for a terrible problem that affects thousands of people around the world, he vowed to walk again, and he did everything he possibly could have to help others who suffer like him.
Rest in peace, you truly deserve it.
Doam Kalla

October 11, 2004, 05:46:14 PM
Reply #1

Iavas

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Contradictory
    • View Profile
Yes
May he rest in peace, along with the recently deceased Rodney Dangerfield and the many other good people who passed on before the people of the world were ready to part with them. He accomplished much good, and may he get great blessings for it.
QUOTES:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
-- William Shakespeare, Hamlet

October 11, 2004, 05:51:55 PM
Reply #2

KiBlade

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I am sad that he died. He was a good Superman and an inspiration to us all. He was good in the Smallville episodes. May he rest in piece.

October 11, 2004, 11:35:09 PM
Reply #3

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Bye bye Superman. I hope that where you go, not only can you walk again, but that you can fly again too! Here, a cookie. For you. *lays cookie down on his grave and walks away*

*runs back and starts belting the insects, birds and hobos that are trying to steal the cookie with a crowbar*

No, seriously, I dunno much about the guy but it's shit for someone to get paralyzed like that, and even shitter to die so young. =(
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

October 12, 2004, 05:26:56 AM
Reply #4

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
As stated, may be rest in peace. IMHO, he still was the better superman.  ;)
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

October 12, 2004, 11:38:42 AM
Reply #5

sunebuoy

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
He was a great inspiration to me, and he taught me to live life to the fullest, no matter what happens to you. May his soul reach up to the heavens and join others like himself.
Life is such a wheel that no man can stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, comes round to the same place again.
                             -Stephen King, The Stand

Everything happens for a reason, and there are no coincidences.
                            -My Personal Motto

An optimist is a person who starts working on a crossword puzzle with an ink pen.
                            -Anonymous

October 12, 2004, 01:54:12 PM
Reply #6

Unforgiven

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
This is very sad to hear. ;( May he rest in peace..

October 12, 2004, 08:53:00 PM
Reply #7

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
Sigh, always a dissapointment when such a driven man dies.  We lost one of the greatest thinkers on the planet as well - the man was brilliant.

Once more however, we see another life reach completion.