Author Topic: plz help  (Read 3427 times)

December 30, 2003, 06:43:26 PM
Read 3427 times

totalnoob

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Im really interested in pyrokenisis but i cant even focus on the fire letalone put one out or relight it.PLZ HELP ME!!!
i m so knew   :(

December 30, 2003, 07:04:18 PM
Reply #1

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
things like pyrokinesis take time, and above all patience.  it wont come to you in a day, or a week, it might not come to you within months... the only thing you can do is keep practicing, and dont doubt yourself.
As far as nt being able to concentration and focus goes, practise meditation... it will become your friend :) .  
so just keep trying and you'll get it eventually :doggie:
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

December 30, 2003, 07:13:14 PM
Reply #2

Dynamite

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Personally, I like to take a candle (a big one, since training takes time), light it, and then, instead of trying to create one, which I believe should be attempted later (I'm not able to either, so don't feel bad), just manipulate the already created flame. The only advice I can think of to give on flame manipulation is to think of it this way: Fire is, in a sense, pure energy. All of those energy particles can be manipulated pretty much the same way you can manipulate your own psi to make a psiball.

Then again, I never claimed to be a pyrokinesis expert. What works for me might not work for you. But hey, like Vitamyst said, it takes time. Be patient with it.

December 30, 2003, 09:45:27 PM
Reply #3

Here and There

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valleyart.biz
Pyrokinesis is a very hard thing to accomplish and can cause frustration if you try it without any prior experience in psionics. I would suggest something a bit easier to start with. And meditating every day will definately help your concentration and visualization. When you get comfortable with your skills, then try moving on to lighting a candle, or something I find easier; warming up a thermometer.
Having been struck once, and object is only more likely to break when struck again; don't strike me.

December 31, 2003, 06:20:49 AM
Reply #4

totalnoob

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
thanks for the help guys but im so new it is hard to consentrate on one objective. thers chi,psi all these diferent things and i dont know were to start.i meditate twice a day for about 30 min,but even with constent meditation i cant even feel pressure forcing my hands outward when i try to make a psi ball.am i not meditating enough?? :confused:
i m so knew   :(

December 31, 2003, 08:31:56 AM
Reply #5

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
OK. This is Bobby I'm Beth's friend. I've trained in Pyrokinesis for a long long time. And only recently have I been able to start a candle out of no where. U need to have unbroken concentration for a LONG time and u need to know what you're doing. If u want to manipulate a flame, I simply picture an invisible hand pushing the flame back and forth. But to each his own methods. Also u have to be strong, because lighting a candle takes a LOT of energy out of u. It's sort of hard to explain, I followed the Psipog article for a while but I broke off and found my own way.
U can meditate for thirty minutes or thirty hours and it's probably not going ot make a difference. It simply depends on how long it takes u to calm down. Good luck.
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

December 31, 2003, 08:32:52 AM
Reply #6

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Peoples, I read his post and I think it makes sense. If it doesn't don't flame me lol I did not post it!
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

December 31, 2003, 04:01:41 PM
Reply #7

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
That makes sense to me atleast. Congrat's to you as well frozen. The best way to start would be the dancing flame technique at least in my experience. If you can't find it I have it so PM me. Once you get going though finding your own technique will increase productivity.

As for focusing in this area specifically all you have to do is think of your intent and then repeat it to yourself in whatever form it may be. Such as putting out the flame.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

December 31, 2003, 05:29:10 PM
Reply #8

Allucinari

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Please note that meditating for however long a day, and doing psiballs, doesn't necessarily guarantee success in those things.

Meditation alone, can take someone months or years to become proficient at.

I think your trouble is, what you outlined yourself - you have trouble picking one thing and sticking with it.  You need to do that.  Otherwise, you'll wind up "knowing alittle about alot"..and not being able to do much of anything really.

There are plenty of concentration improving exercises on the internet.  Google it, and you will find them.  I would strongly suggest you increase your ability to remain focused on one thing, before attempting meditation, psiballs, or anything remotely psionic.

As a final note: it is highly unlikely, that you will have any form of success with Pyrokinesis or any form of kinesis, without first improving your ability to concentrate and focus.  Also, Kinesis is one of the hardest things to start, especially if you have no natural skill in the area, and are a complete beginner to Psionics.  Consider starting at the beginning, and working your way up from there ;)