Author Topic: Psychic Projection: Explained  (Read 25689 times)

August 12, 2005, 09:50:34 PM
Reply #15

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
ok etheric is to places in the known universe right
astral is to the unknown?
Is it possible I could get some information from your website in some way solstice?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:52:55 PM by SleepWalker »
How can you explain freedom, never having experienced it.
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 12, 2005, 10:10:27 PM
Reply #16

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
ok etheric is to places in the known universe right
astral is to the unknown?
Is it possible I could get some information from your website in some way solstice?
No... Astral is a whole other realm/state of being, that is not as connected to the Physical as the Etheric plane.  The way I like to explain, is by compairing phases of matter: solid, liquid and gas - each of those is a seperate states of consciousness, that flows from one to the other, but are not mutually compatable.
The Astral would be the realm where magickal creatures and certain spiritual archetypes dwell, while the Ether is a relatively plain world, that is more compatable with the Physical.
When people say they construct an "astral temple" or some other such place, then they are doing astral projection - the Etheric plane is not mutable and not subject to change, in that way.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

August 13, 2005, 12:31:22 AM
Reply #17

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
Ok semantics.
Now what's with your website?
Is there somewhere the information is on ftp or something?

What do you think of this book by Robert Peterson?
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/Robert_Peterson_-_Out_of_Body_Experiences.pdf
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 12:36:39 AM by SleepWalker »
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 13, 2005, 01:00:56 AM
Reply #18

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
lol, not semantics... just know they are not to be lumped.  It would be like telling you that your waking life right now and your dreams are all the same thing massive diffrence: it is all "you" but comepletely seperate contexts.
Never read Peterson's books; he was a guest at Astral Society a few times... most authors dont know as much about the subject as they claim to, not that he does or does not.  William Buhlman and Denning/Philips are two of the few authors that acknowlege this difference.
Which site?
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.

August 13, 2005, 11:22:45 PM
Reply #19

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
Your one that's down
And I meant we were differing in what they were by semantics
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 14, 2005, 12:58:33 AM
Reply #20

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I really dont think it is semantics, at all.  These kinds of projection are not mutually the same, as far has how the person experiences them.  One problem being, is people tend to do more than one kind than the other (knowingly or not; usually astral projection) and dont realize when they do they other kind, due to their preconcieved ideas.
When someone has an etheric projection for the first time, it can be very frightening, especially if such a person has been filled with ideas about "astral projection" - they will not know what is happening; some people even think they have died, or are being abducted.  This is due to expectations of an etheric experience being something that it is not.
After I had my first etheric projections, I took a good look at all the bullshit that I was told and realised those people had no idea what they were talking about and had been lumping two things that dont really belong together ;) 

My site will be down for some time, unfortunatly.  I cant help that, right now.

August 14, 2005, 01:03:08 AM
Reply #21

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
Could you explain the differences between ehteric and astral projection for me?

Besides that one is the etheric body and one is the astral body I mean.

August 14, 2005, 01:08:00 AM
Reply #22

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Could you explain the differences between ehteric and astral projection for me?

Besides that one is the etheric body and one is the astral body I mean.
lol, please read the first post ;)
Also, check out the Veritas-Wikipedia section and these topics; the deffinitions are a little more specific.

August 14, 2005, 01:54:27 PM
Reply #23

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
Im afraid I have to disagree with the first post.

The buzzing is the signal that you are leaving the body yes...But it's there for astral projection as well.   You can see this worlds astral counterpart in the astral. A lot of the weird dreams we have are ego interferance.

If someone could explain how falling asleep with your mind awake changes anything in how your body goes to sleep and would let the etheric body split, it would be nice.

Since our astral body goes off into dream land with us in it every night, it only makes sense that staying mentally aware during the transition would mean we would be astral projecting.

However no technique for etheric projection is different from an astral projecting technique.

Thus I still ask... What is the difference?

August 14, 2005, 05:54:11 PM
Reply #24

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
However no technique for etheric projection is different from an astral projecting technique.
How can you know, when you even said that you and Mystic Web "ignore" etheric projection?  As I tried to explain, they get lumped together, so naturally one as yourself will confuse the two, especially, if you are doing one more than the other.

August 14, 2005, 08:31:01 PM
Reply #25

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have looked for etheric projectoin techniques like the plauge ever since I heard about it being seperate from astral projection, about 2 years ago.

The problem is that any site that gives the technique for one, doesn't give the other.

And two different sites will say the technique is for astral projection, while the other site says it's for etheric projection.

Please, Tell me the difference between the astral projection technique and the etheric projection technique..

Also the first post didn't explain the difference between etheric and astral, other than what I had asked not to be told.(That one is the etheric body and is in the physical plane, and one is the astral body in the astral plane.)

August 14, 2005, 09:35:39 PM
Reply #26

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
The difference is subtle, but the result is quite remarkable and obvious.

From what I can tell the common difference between the two nethods, is that astral projection is more about "visual" immersion and visualization; etheric methods are more tactile and require no visualization, because it's progression is more dependent on physical factors, than mental.
Alost everyone who has had an etheric projection (including myself) has not ever had to visualize anything - it would happen on it's own, complete with the "exit" stages, such as buzzing in the ears and the feeling of suddenly falling/rising.  While astral projection has no "exist" stages, but the person merely finds themselves in another realm, that is too fantastical to be physical.  Keeping in mind: astral projection deals with "non physical" realms, so that experience is far more subjective, which is why I said it is like a dream and not like being awake.  When shamans/witches "travel to the Underword" they are astral projecting.

Rememer, it is common for the methods to get mixed up as well as the writers to not be aware of the dinstinction (mainly from doing one more than the other).  This does not imply there is no difference, but the fact that such information is obscured.
An example of a real astral experience would be someone having an "adventure" in some unknown land, with wizards and castles and faeries.  An example of a real etheric projection, would be someone floating around thier apartment complex, or just walking around their block.

August 15, 2005, 04:40:45 AM
Reply #27

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
It sounds like the only difference is how "real" it is then.

While I have had exit sensations immediately followed by ...fantastic creatures so to speak. Unless there are etheric demons floating around attacking would be obe'ers...

I say fantastic because it was no more likely a real demon than a manifestation of my mind.

It sounds like the only difference is how "aware" you are.

The more aware you are the more real astral experiences seem, and also the more common you will feel the "exit" sensations.

August 19, 2005, 10:46:26 AM
Reply #28

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
It was my words not meaning the same thing to you as they were to me, my explanation wasn't a match for yours that's what I meant.

Well I was in a lucid the other day, I'm pretty sure I wasn't aware it was a dream at the time but I made myself fly.
Funnily enough, that didn't make me realise it was a dream.
I would put it down as etheric because I was out front of my house flying onto the roof, I was asleep during the day and it was day there is no other way I can tell if it was on the same timeline.

Etheric projection I would classify simply by it being within the constraints of time, you are running in the same time as you would on the physical
Astral can be ages in a few minutes.

Try Tachyon[/URL

August 19, 2005, 01:47:48 PM
Reply #29

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Etheric projection I would classify simply by it being within the constraints of time, you are running in the same time as you would on the physical
Astral can be ages in a few minutes.
Yes, something like that.  Time only exists physically, so it is only in etheric projection can someone view the Physical within a realistic timeframe.