Author Topic: Psychic Projection: Explained  (Read 24660 times)

September 07, 2004, 02:08:07 AM
Read 24660 times

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
Suppose Veritas has one of these coming.  I should point out, as our Prophecy said, that it is important to develop other psychic skills, to master this one.
Although there is more to be told, it would be too difficult to say it in one page; as there are many sites and institutes and studies devoted.  I feel a start to a clear understanding can be started and open to discussion as well as any additions the staff would like to add.

||This is not to be confused with Kobok's article, by where he uses the same term (psychic projection,) but under a different premise||

Psychic projection is the ability to travel to alternate realities and over distances, with the mind.  "Flying without a broom," as the author DJ Conways calls it, it is not as obscure or uncommon as a few of you may have been led to believe.  This kind of psychic activity occurs in a few ways and happens to us often, though most people only remember their trips as dreams.
You all know the term "astral projection" and have some clue as to its implications, but what you may not know is that it is not a single act, but one of at least two kinds of experiences.  Also glibly reffered to as "leaving the body," but that is where some confusion has been laid forth for some time.  Astral projection and out-of-body experiences (O.B.E.) happen to be completely different occurences, though relative in some ways, such as seeing places that you are not occupying.  Having an OBE is alternatly reffered to as "etheric" projection; this is where the subject believes themselves to be in a completely seperate body, though most kinds of physical orientations and sensations remain.
In the Occult, the "body of light" (astral) and the "fluidic" body (etheric,)  as called by authors Osborne Philips and Malitia Denning, play different rolls.  A magican or shaman would use their body of light to visit fantastical worlds and explore their psyche, at an attempt as geining power; this is where the steriotype arose, of witches riding through the night sky.  The fluidic body, though not quite as useful in magick, would be used to travel around this plane of existance.
Now, one must consider: what is the big difference?  From personal experience as well as that of others, I can safely say only those who done both know the difference and why the two kinds of travel are not at all the same.  I believe they both became meshed out of this sort of lack in understanding: someone says they where flying around, then who is to say it was not called one or the other?

Astral projection is fundementally compairable to lucid dreaming and deep meditation; it is used to visit other worlds and sometimes peek into this one (like in remote viewing).  It happens to most of us and it is usually ignored, because of draumatized expectations - even those of having an OBE.  No one can say wheather it really is imagination or not, however tests have shown some validity (see the Monroe Institute, et al).
Etheric projection is what most people aim for, yet to their disappointment fall asleep and have "strange dreams," which naturally could have been an astral experience.  One will know they had an OBE when they least think they did: this is because of the fact that many projectors are not even aware they left their body!  When you have an OBE, you still are "you" in most ways; it could be easy to think you are sleepwalking or just laying in bed and not doing anything.  Usually, feeling like one is falling thru the bed, floating to the cieling and hearing "buzzing" sounds in their ears are the first indications that they are out.  Keeping in mind when there are such indications, the person may still not know that they are out, so for the first time an OBE can be quite frightening.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

September 10, 2004, 12:45:56 PM
Reply #1

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
For the hell of it, here is a list I came up with of the working deffinitions of the kinds of projection.  This may be used to determine wheather or not you have had such an experience, for those of you who have doubts and require some kind of assurance.

Psychic Projection
 a.) The act or state of being psychicly aware or immersed in another place, reality; or that which is not having been recieved by your physical senses.  b.) Having one or both kinds of psychic projection: 1.) astral projection; 2.) etheric projection.
1.) Astral Projection: astral traveling, or the degrees there-in.  a.) Remote viewing: mentally observing physical locations or other realms, while still aware of one's own's surroundings.  b.) Deep meditation: visual immersion into some fantastical realm, or creative outlet.  One may still be physicly aware of their surroundings, depending on how deep the state is.  c.) Lucid dreaming: a complete visual immersion into another place/realm; may join others' dreams as well as communicate with other entities.  The subject is completely asleep.
2.) Etheric Projection: the act or state of having an out-of-body experience, or the degrees there-in.  a.) Partial-exit awareness: awareness of sleep paralysis; and sensations of being in motion (rocking/sinking).  The subject's body is asleep, while their mind is alert.  b.) Complete exit: when one is or believes themselves to be in another body, which is relatively equal  or simmiler to their physical body.  c.) Sub-astral: a "dream-like" awareness of another place; and etheric surroundings being obscured with such surreal qualities.

3.) Near Death Experience: Possibly a form of etheric projection.  The subject is forced out of their body, by some kind of trauma.  The subject may even have ben clinicly dead, during this time.
What is reported are visions of angels, dead family members and bright lights.  The subject may go to another place they may reffer to as Heaven.  The most common place visited is a dark tunnel, with a bright light at the end.
I have never had one of these, so there is little infomation on the dynamics of it.  I invite someone who has had such an experience to elaborate.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.

September 10, 2004, 01:23:00 PM
Reply #2

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
Thank you for doing this i had wanted to be able to read a sort of mini guide to the astral.  You also said about strange dreams, after thinking about lucid dreaming a lot i had a sort of lucid dream in which it was almost as if i was dreaming i could think in my dream.
And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

September 10, 2004, 04:32:59 PM
Reply #3

_jujitsu_

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from: Orthas
Thank you for doing this i had wanted to be able to read a sort of mini guide to the astral. You also said about strange dreams, after thinking about lucid dreaming a lot i had a sort of lucid dream in which it was almost as if i was dreaming i could think in my dream.

I actually think and have thoughts frequently in my dreams so i dont think its anything special, just normal dreams.  Though in your case it could've been depending on other factors of the dream.

Thanks for this, it confirms that what i experienced the other night was an full OBE.
One night I was a butterfly, fluttering happily around.
Then i awoke, and found that I was a man.
But what am I in truth?
A man who dreams he is a butterfly,[/colo

January 30, 2005, 10:21:09 PM
Reply #4

kNIFE

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
can i get a link where explains how to enter that state?

February 01, 2005, 01:15:33 AM
Reply #5

Elfinsppy

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I agree with kNIFE, if there's any links to learn more about this that anyone knows about, it would be much appreciated ;)

February 01, 2005, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #6

Morghul

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quote from: _jujitsu_
I actually think and have thoughts frequently in my dreams so i dont think its anything special, just normal dreams.  Though in your case it could've been depending on other factors of the dream.
 OBE.

Yes, you can "think" in most dreams, but you are thinking within the parameters of the altered reality which is your dream (that sounds stupid...but you know what I mean). I believe he is saying that he can sometimes think without those constraints and be aware that it is a dream. If so, then that is indeed a rare occurrance for most people.
If you too, were referring to being able to do this frequently, then you are one lucky bastard. I know there are things you can do in order to induce it, but I dont think many people do it naturally.

Morghul

February 02, 2005, 09:33:37 PM
Reply #7

kNIFE

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
never got a responce to the links or more information....

August 04, 2005, 05:01:00 AM
Reply #8

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
www.mysticweb.org teachers you how to astral project.

But what I find odd is that there is a seperation between dreaming and astral projection.

We astral project every night, it's just that we are unconcious of it.

This buzzing from the seperation happens almost every time I try to Astral project. I have heard of no techniques for etheric projection>

The only real difference I could muster for astral projection and etheric projection would be that astral projection is the art of seeing the astral plane, and etheric projection lets you see the physical plane.

Meaning if you e.p. You could see someone doing something, wake up, and then go see if they were really doing it or not. Where with astral projection, you are usually limited to their astral counterparts, which could be doing any number of things.

Astral projection is very "Easy", It's just time consuming. I highly suggest taking the mysticweb courses they are highly based on spiritualism, but you can ignore all that and stil take the astral travel skill with you for the rest of your life.

August 04, 2005, 02:18:32 PM
Reply #9

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
This buzzing from the seperation happens almost every time I try to Astral project. I have heard of no techniques for etheric projection>
The only real difference I could muster for astral projection and etheric projection would be that astral projection is the art of seeing the astral plane, and etheric projection lets you see the physical plane.
Part of that problem, is because Mystic Web and others are still "clumping" everything together, if you had not noticed: astral projection has no physically oriented symptoms, such as "buzzing" in the ears; when you do astral projection, you are suddenly "there" with no exit symptoms, such as those with etheric projection.

I had written at least one method to induce an OBE, which is not available right now.  However, anything method that indices "vibes" and "falling" sensations are most likely for EP.  AP is more of a visual immersion, in contrast, as far as conscious attempts - this is why few people actually have an EP when they try visualization, alone.

If you search in vsociety.net for "etheric projection" and "astral projection," you may find some more specific details.  Other than actually doing both and understanding why there is a difference, all I can say is still: AP can be compaired to dreams, while EP can be compaired to physically being awake.

August 05, 2005, 02:51:33 AM
Reply #10

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have personally astral projected many times, and 90 % of the time it is started by a nearly painful rush of vibrations, mostly felt in my face and mouth.

The feeling is comprable to my teeth getting ripped out, only while numbed.

Im not sure why people think the vibrations mean etheric projection. mysticweb did not lump them together, they simply ignored etheric projection. WHy, I do not know.  Possible because it can be dangerous. Possibly because it may not even be something that can happen like we think it does.

Of course you can't disprove something.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 02:55:45 AM by MDKDeath »

August 05, 2005, 02:02:39 PM
Reply #11

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I have personally astral projected many times, and 90 % of the time it is started by a nearly painful rush of vibrations, mostly felt in my face and mouth.

The feeling is comprable to my teeth getting ripped out, only while numbed.

Im not sure why people think the vibrations mean etheric projection. mysticweb did not lump them together, they simply ignored etheric projection. WHy, I do not know.  Possible because it can be dangerous. Possibly because it may not even be something that can happen like we think it does.

Of course you can't disprove something.
Of course I dont, because you just proved me correct, right there ;)

August 05, 2005, 02:06:53 PM
Reply #12

MDKDeath

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hmm, I do not see how I proved you right. I do not even see the point you were trying to make.

You should elaborate for me.

August 12, 2005, 06:12:11 PM
Reply #13

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
Solstice maybe saying your EPing when you think your APing and the techniques you are using give you an EP not an AP.
The place your looking at uses the word astral when it's etheric.
Your looking in another place definitions there are specific to that place.
These are the explanations for here.
The definitions from another place can specify as they like, but when they say astral there by solstice's definition they are in etheric by definition here.

So the body is awake in AP? or the body is asleep after you project?
Where as in etheric the body is asleep before you project?

So they are alike but slight differences always have slightly different effects?
How can you explain freedom, never having experienced it.
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL

August 12, 2005, 06:31:17 PM
Reply #14

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
That is what I am saying, when I say other sources "lump" these twp phenomenon together.  They are not actually the same, as well as the over-all effect of the experience.
Astral projection deals with realms that are not earthly and are too surreal/fantastical to exist, physically - you dont visit dragons and faeries and other such realms, while etherial.  Etheric deals with more earthly orientations, as well as the actual experience (in contrast with AP) is completely opposite; when people float around their house/street and such, this is an etheric projection: it is mostly unremarkable, from the Physical plane.