Author Topic: Turned Off  (Read 2017 times)

August 09, 2004, 08:27:51 PM
Read 2017 times

bugz9987

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    I come and go
    • View Profile
Today i had what i think was a dream or a type of sleep parylisis. I go to sleep late. Really late actually. Well anyway I went to bed around 6 in the morning and i woke up at 8 in the morning in a dream. I looked over to my left and i saw a hook on my wall spinning and my right pinky was spinning it.

I assumed it was a dream about TK but it's weired because i can't do TK and their are no hooks on my wall. Anyways I wake up from  the dream and the only sound in my room is my air conditioner which is right behind me. I was going to turn it off when I hear a sound that can only be described as a t.v. being turned off. After that I couldnt move anything but the tip of my right pinky. I stayed in this state for about 10 seconds when i all of a sudden my legs began to vibrate.

I focused on the hum of my AC to remain calm but in a strange way it sounded scary.  Then I felt a huge force pushing  on me. It was sort of  pulling me back to sleep. I went to sleep again and woke up around 10 and in paralysis again. This experience didnt last long because i went to sleep in about 10 seconds after waking.  What I want to know from you guys and gals is an explanation as to what could have happened to me this morning and any explananation as to what the "turning off" sound could have been.
!!!SHAZAM!!!

August 11, 2004, 07:05:21 PM
Reply #1

minnatrix

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Please edit your post so I can understand.

August 11, 2004, 10:02:03 PM
Reply #2

CarpeNoctern

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
it might be an energy reaction for not having the needed amount  o yeah and add more details i couldnt understand
To gain one must lose

August 12, 2004, 08:35:45 AM
Reply #3

Vejita-san

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Get some more sleep man
See my blade, know your fate.  See their fear, victory is near.
WE GONNA SAVE THE UNIVERSE!!! :fightmonk  :elephant:  :doggie:  :cow:

August 28, 2004, 12:00:35 PM
Reply #4

ryupower

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.net/ryupower
Man, I have no explenation. But that would just freak the crap out of me.

August 29, 2004, 10:35:37 AM
Reply #5

jennifer

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
you think he might have been like 1/2 way in a dream but 1/2 way awake? im not sure just an idea..im not exactly an expert in this  :cow:

August 29, 2004, 11:03:42 AM
Reply #6

VERiTAS

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
On some occassions I wake up from sleep and cant move my body - paralysis -  can be disconcerting but after a while of concentration on movement, I can move freely.  No idea why this happens - but may make you feel better about you situation which appears to be similar.

I think it connected to the chemical the body uses to paralyse you when you are a sleep - if you wake suddenly and gain consciousness and are still under the influence of the chemical connected with sleep you may experience sleep paralysis.
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificandoque Invenies Occultum Lapidem

August 29, 2004, 12:18:04 PM
Reply #7

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
i haven't studied sleeping very deeply but since people sleepwalk, and you move around in your sleep which is why the quilt moves, you can bash your hnd etc.  I doubt your body chemically paralyses yourself, i think its more likely you just haven't fully woken up so your not sending signals to you legs etc.  After all if when we lived in caves an animal attacked being paralysed at first would be pretty bad.
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

August 30, 2004, 08:59:06 PM
Reply #8

bugz9987

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    I come and go
    • View Profile
Whenever something like this happens to me, I can usually predict it when I am in bed. Its a strange feeling that I get, knowing that I will wake up paralysed. I would be watching television with the lights off but it seems like the television won't light up the room. It is almost if the air got darker and heavier. Also my air conditioner sounds like a monotone hum instead of its normal sound.

To VERiTAS, I understand what you are saying. Usually after a little concentration I could move again but this experience wastoo weired.
!!!SHAZAM!!!