Author Topic: Tips for Recording your Dreams  (Read 13467 times)

December 12, 2003, 09:38:30 AM
Read 13467 times

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
Tips for Recording your Dreams

1.Record the dream in your dream journal in as much detail as possible.

2.Write down briefly anything significant.

What aspect of this dream is most interesting? fascinating? scary?

In this dream, what are you doing?  
What feelings are associated with each action?      Be specific.
What actions are complete or incomplete?
What feelings are resolved or unresolved?

What are the major patterns in the dream? Note especially similarities, contrasts, repetitions, transformations, and hybrid images.

How are these patterns related to your waking life?

What are the major symbols in this dream?

Who are the major characters in this dream?

What would you most like to change in this dream?

What would you most like to avoid n this dream?

Where in this dream is information still missing?
Feelings still unresolved or unexpressed? Choices narrowly limited?

3. Give the dream a title.

4. Draw a sketch, cartoon or map of the central issue of the dream.

5. Write down any immediate, intuitive, from the gut, reactions you had to the dream when you woke up. For example, you feel that the dream is about your mother or that you should take a job you are considering.

6. Write down how you felt on waking and how you felt for the rest of the day.

7. Try to interpret the dream.
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 12, 2003, 09:59:31 AM
Reply #1

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
any ideas on how to help someone who doesnt seem to be able to remeber their dreams? I for one cant seem to remeber them. the only ones i can seem to remeber are the violent ones i have ocassionaly. Ive got to have some good dreams im sure.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 12, 2003, 10:37:12 AM
Reply #2

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
If you can't seem to remember your dreams, you could try any simple affrmations. Such as I DO remember my dreams, I AM going to remember my dreams etc.

December 12, 2003, 10:57:15 AM
Reply #3

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
Yes, like kiwi said.  I started with affirmations, saying aloud 3 times "I will remember my dreams".  Another helpful thing is to not fly out of bed when you wake up, lay there for a few minutes as see if you remember anything first, while your mind is still not fully awake.
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 12, 2003, 11:17:21 AM
Reply #4

Spartan117

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
A useful technique is to tell your self a couple times before you go asleep to wake up when you dream, so when you wake up you can write it down, and then go back to sleep. You'll be astonished of how much dreams you will write down in one night.
Also sometimes when i'm just doing daily stuff i remember a dream that i had, but that i forgot because of getting up to fast(as kalee stated).

Also thanks to kalee for the tips, yesterday i used them for writing out my dreams i had. :D

Greets spartan

December 12, 2003, 02:06:51 PM
Reply #5

beehe

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Who ceast to exsist
    • View Profile
i used to remember my dreams but ill try to agen hopefully i wont use preencoge 60%
~who cares who anyone is long as someone cares about them~egotism at its strongest point

December 12, 2003, 03:31:22 PM
Reply #6

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
yeah, I never fly out of bed, lol.  This morning, I woke up during a dream, and just lay in bed, concious of my body, changing this dream.  I'm starting to remember my dreams alot more.  Last night, I dreamed that a teacher was giving out to me, and nearly broke my neck!!  Thanks for the tips, and I think that affirmations is one of the best ways to go.
Don't annoy me, or I'll set my kamehamehamsters on you!

January 29, 2004, 02:30:12 AM
Reply #7

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I remember my dreams alot more since i've started Training in psi and I try and dream walk at least once a night I usally go into my girlfriends dreams and the next day she says that I was standing in her dream doing nothing (I just whatch dreams I don't feel I have the right to change peoples dreams) it also works on my friends I dream walked into one of there dreams and asked them the next day if I was in there dream they then said yes I did appear in there dream standing still again and then I done it to the same friend again that night and he said I appeared in his dream but i didn't do it the next night and I aked him the next day if I was in his dream his said no but I feel like I have more concentrating in life and feel more in tune with the Earth. :doggie:

Falcon
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

January 29, 2004, 04:17:50 PM
Reply #8

Alex

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Like Kalee said, when you wake up try not to move a muscle and focus on a dream you can remember.  After a while it will come back to you.

February 04, 2004, 01:48:18 PM
Reply #9

EnderWiggin

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: LadyKalee
Tips for Recording your Dreams

1.Record the dream in your dream journal in as much detail as possible.

2.Write down briefly anything significant.

What aspect of this dream is most interesting? fascinating? scary?

In this dream, what are you doing?  
What feelings are associated with each action?      Be specific.
What actions are complete or incomplete?
What feelings are resolved or unresolved?

What are the major patterns in the dream? Note especially similarities, contrasts, repetitions, transformations, and hybrid images.

How are these patterns related to your waking life?

What are the major symbols in this dream?

Who are the major characters in this dream?

What would you most like to change in this dream?

What would you most like to avoid n this dream?

Where in this dream is information still missing?
Feelings still unresolved or unexpressed? Choices narrowly limited?

3. Give the dream a title.

4. Draw a sketch, cartoon or map of the central issue of the dream.

5. Write down any immediate, intuitive, from the gut, reactions you had to the dream when you woke up. For example, you feel that the dream is about your mother or that you should take a job you are considering.

6. Write down how you felt on waking and how you felt for the rest of the day.

7. Try to interpret the dream.
Thanks for the tips LadyKalee.
"The mind cultivates the soul without the soul the mind would be incomplete, without the mind the soul would be incomplete..."

If you flip a coin you have a chance.

"It's purpose that drives us, purpose that builds,and makes us who we are Mr. Anderson."

February 10, 2004, 09:23:22 PM
Reply #10

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
Anything else besides affirmations? They don't seem to work for me. And I have to fly out of bed, because I'm always late for school :o .
I would follow Kalees tips, but it feels as though I don't even dream anymore because I can't remember a damn thing about them. The space between the night and the morning doesn't exist to me, it's a complete blank. The only time I can remember dreams is when I get a deja-vu, because my deja-vus are almost always from my dreams.
I know I should get more sleep, but sometimes that just isn't an option.
Anyway, if you can think of anything for me, it would be greatly appreciated, although I can understand if you can't.
(This isn't directed at anyone in particular).
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

February 29, 2004, 06:28:48 AM
Reply #11

Eligio

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Watchtower:
Try setting your alarm or a second alarm an hour and a half or 2 hours or so before you actually have to get up.

I do this everymorning and I usually wake up in the middle of a dream, then you can either lay down a bit too try recalling your dream and writing it down.
Or just go to sleep again, in the second case I often continue the previous dream or dream something else.

And when I wake up at the time I actually have to get up I also usually wake up from a dream because of this.

Plus if you wake up and go back to sleep about an hour and a half before you have too, you`ll enjoy some really deep sleep. And that makes up a bit if you get little sleep. Well it does for me anyway ^_^, personally I just like waking up and being able to turn around and sleep for a bit more.

(note: I used to set my other alarm only an hour before the time I had to get up, but when I got up the second time it just wasn`t enough for me and I wake up not feeling so great)

Hope that helps ya any

March 29, 2004, 10:09:57 AM
Reply #12

The Samoth

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
ok
What would you sugjest to someone that nonshelontly controls his dreams. I cant help it what i will will almost allways be what happens in my dreams.
She is the mother of the true mind and i her son. She is wisdom, my life, my goddess. She give's love to all who love her just as strongly as she respects all. She will show you the way And so will i though her. She can show you everything.
                            Silephthyn

January 06, 2005, 05:19:00 PM
Reply #13

AngryLeprachaun

• Posts By Osmosis

• Freelance Leprechaun

• Personal Text
    VERITAS LEP
    • View Profile
I only remember the meaningful dreams. Like, scary dreams, or the dreams I have where something bad happens to me.  The other unmeaningful dreams, my mind just throws away and I froget them.

So, these tips would only help me if I were to have a meaningful dreams. :)
..::Believe::..

January 15, 2005, 08:57:47 AM
Reply #14

Watarimono

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    My eye
    • View Profile
I think all dreams have some kind of meaning, just some are much more significant than others. I've never left a dream I could remember unanalysed at least a little bit, however some dreams I've had are so abstract they are almost impossible to analyse. Those are the dreams that get stuck in my head for the rest of the day  :P
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -George Bernard Shaw