Author Topic: Class in the Making.  (Read 31060 times)

June 09, 2005, 10:11:16 AM
Reply #75

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
You are right about it already having been done.  However I believe the magic clas is ending and, it's up to prophecy, but is probably repeating.

About rank, we don't really have a ranking system as such, you write an entry application and the best ones are chosen.
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

June 09, 2005, 07:17:08 PM
Reply #76

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The first set of magic classes ended several months ago.

June 12, 2005, 08:02:19 AM
Reply #77

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Heh, Yeah we really don't have ranks. And as for everyone being two years older than you? I'm two years younger than you and I did it.  ;)  And yes the last set ended a while back. I think the new ones were supposed to start soon...but I haven't heard anything in a while. Anyone else know about the next set of classes?

June 12, 2005, 02:23:18 PM
Reply #78

Nereus

• Veritas Furniture

• Kher Heb

• Personal Text
    Step I
    • View Profile
    • -
Quote from: The Young Adept
Heh, Yeah we really don't have ranks. And as for everyone being two years older than you? I'm two years younger than you and I did it. ;) And yes the last set ended a while back. I think the new ones were supposed to start soon...but I haven't heard anything in a while. Anyone else know about the next set of classes?
I should venture to guess, around the end of the this month.
Sometimes my shadow leads, or it follows me, but we never seem to become one and the same.

June 13, 2005, 05:52:48 AM
Reply #79

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
I have been informed that the magic class MAY not start until around the end of August.

July 17, 2005, 06:31:36 PM
Reply #80

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Information on the 2005-2006 Magic Classes have been posted here:  http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=5895.0/

April 20, 2007, 05:15:31 PM
Reply #81

EternalStudent

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    EternalStudent
    • View Profile
I must be one of the few, the proud, the ones who paid attention in vocabulary and spelling classes...  Well, I know that I am a good bit too late for the classes, Prophecy, however I must inform you that I would have been very interested.  I know that there was a dislike for "dabblers" and (as I am having some latent scepticism problems my lack of a truly convicted belief that is hindering my progression a little) I am still at the status of dabbler, but I was wondering why it seems that I have an actual interest and many of those actually pursuant of this calling are more interested in the cool factor...  Call me odd, but if you are going to steal an apple, you may as well rob a bank.  If you are going to be intrigued and not pursue further, you will never find what you need.  Prophecy, I must say in all honesty that in these last two days I have leapt from researching to a real desire to practice the art.  And also, while I have my background in Military Combat and Weapons, I am totally interested in becoming a student of yours.  I know that more than likely since I am reading and writing back to you at a phenomenal rate you will look at the many messages from me with some distain, but in every aspect of life I have only been successful for a few months, and then things backfire on me.  The only reason I have found for this to be a law in my life is explained in one of your essays about magic during which you state (in essence) that belief spawns reality, and that your beliefs are the strongest force of nature when they are subconscious (and therefore closer to the receptive properties of the other planes).  Ok, so maybe I took your statements and expounded, but I am amazed that the only answer that made sense to me came from your statements on magic.  You see, from time to time, certain statements will just SEEM right to me.  Certain situations will FEEL wrong and certain people will FEEL not right to me.  And, in most cases, these feelings are right.  And this website has infused me with that feeling of right that is just too jubilant to pass up.  I don't have any megalomanic qualities (although I can occasionally be a conspiracy theorist) but I believe firmly that this is a venture I must pursue.  So please forgive me if I write you too often, and answer my questions with the patience given a child and maybe one day I can say that I learned all I know about the REAL world here.  Thank you for listening.

Michael, The Eternal Student
May your wisdom double (and subsequently mine)

April 21, 2007, 08:18:43 AM
Reply #82

Wonderland

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    ISIS
    • View Profile
    • My blog space (just getting started 06/07)
FYI - I think several of the spelling, etc. errors are due to English not being the primary language and/or using one of those devices where you speak and the program types for you.  I would like to say thank you, EternalStudent,for this post.  Much like yourself, I would be highly interested in taking this class if it were offered again.  Also, thank you for posting what you are ...........ARRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!  I had a bunch typed and tried the "insert quote" instead of right clicking and I just lost a ton of stuff!!!!!   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:!!@@&*(*%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to sign off here for a moment, as I am really pissed off.
Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that