Author Topic: Class in the Making.  (Read 30000 times)

August 07, 2004, 04:19:19 PM
Reply #15

Akhilleus

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    The lumberjack.
    • View Profile
That sounds wonderful. I would also like to know what,uhh..."style" of magic you will be teaching them.

August 07, 2004, 06:39:08 PM
Reply #16

Silversoul

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Sounds nifty. I wouldn't mind attending. Well, if time permits it. Any idea as to when the classes would take place?

August 07, 2004, 09:48:23 PM
Reply #17

Elazule

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Sounds great. I know your not picking people yet but keep me in mind because im very interested. And i have alot of free time. Which is nothing to brag about :(

August 08, 2004, 01:09:50 PM
Reply #18

InjectedSmile78

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
I'm going to try and join. I have alot of free time. If I don't it's because I decided to take up soccer, but I doubt that'd get in the way. Ya never know! ^_^ Anyway, would all of the books be in PDF format; because I don't have PDF.

[8:17]"Study as if you haven't reached your goal -- as if you're afraid of losing what you have"

August 08, 2004, 02:49:55 PM
Reply #19

Newhopefulguy

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I'd be very interested in these classes too, indescribably interested in fact.

September you said?  Also, how exactly will this be done, on the IRC, via PM's, email, instant messenger, a forum, or a thread?  I'm hopin for any of those but IRC, cuz I can't use that.

August 09, 2004, 04:58:04 AM
Reply #20

PsiBlade

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Ah, this I've been waiting for. Dreamlight and I will look forward to September.

Oh, and newhopefulguy: Just download an IRC client like mIRC, or, failing that, simply click "chat" at the top of this page.

August 09, 2004, 02:52:50 PM
Reply #21

Newhopefulguy

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I've tried both of those things before, my computer just freezes up (I think if I get those 570+ spyware things off my pc it might help though).

Thanks for the help though.  So hows this whole thing coming Prophecy, I have to agree with PsiBlade, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

August 09, 2004, 06:21:53 PM
Reply #22

Denki

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Same here, actually. I'm just curious what kind of magick Prophecy will be teaching. Definitely sounds interesting though. ^-^

August 10, 2004, 04:34:30 PM
Reply #23

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
To answer your questions:

What system will I be teaching?  Ultimately, I will be teaching you some of the truths that have been revealed to me as magic, with little definitive system affiliation.  I will teach facets of Chaos magic, Shamanism, Summoning, Talismanic Magic, and a few other systems(though primarily from the aforementioned).  Essentially, however, it will be a very generic system teaching you a foundational type of magic knowledge and skill, upon which you can build knowledge and skill in other systems. The goal here is that I will produce several students with a good level of knowledge and talent in magic, and that they will then use the information I've given them to go out and learn on their own.  After some time of refinement through their own studies, Veritas may be able to create classes for specific systems.  For example, a graduate of my class may decide he wishes to have his expertise in the field of summoning.  Using what I've taught thus far as a foundation, he will go out on his own and expand his knowledge in that area.  If, a few months later, he meets certain qualifications, he may be considered for teaching at least one course in summoning here at Veritas.  After a round or two of teachings these general magic classes, I shall probably branch off and begin teaching classes specifically for summoning.

When will the classes be?  They should start towards the end of October, and will be held at a time each week that has been discussed and agreed upon by myself and all my students.  

How will this be done?  If Veritas holds up(financial problems at the moment), my students and I shall have our own private forum here at Veritas, which only ourselves, the other teachers, and the council, will be able to view.  Once a week, there will be a meeting to take place in mIRC(the dynamics of which are still being arranged), where the lesson shall be presented, and then discussed.  The next day, because I know that not everyone's scheduale will work out to be in the classroom at certain times every week, I will post a log of the lesson in our private forum.  Apart from this, all students are welcome to further discuss the week's lesson via email or MSN messenger.

August 10, 2004, 08:50:53 PM
Reply #24

Newhopefulguy

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I have to say Prophecy, that sounds like it is exactly what I've been looking for all along.  Time to begin the countdown to the end of October I guess.

August 11, 2004, 02:26:00 AM
Reply #25

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Sounds really good Prophecy. Newhopefulguy i'd start counting down till the aplications come out for this f i was you, this one is going to be popular.
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

August 11, 2004, 02:40:30 PM
Reply #26

Aurora

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
I've been lurking on the boards for about a week now, learning what I could, then I decided to click on the class section, see what there is there.  I saw this, and then I immeadiatley registered here at Veritas.  This is incredible.  I've been to a lot of different sites on the internet, and nothing like this is offered anywhere else.  So I guess... put me on the list for people who need applications, or however this works.

Thanks for taking the time to make something like this for the people like me.
Doam Kalla

August 11, 2004, 04:38:17 PM
Reply #27

Enlightenment

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/3nl1ght3nm3nt/index.htm
well, provided that the class list isnt full, and that Veritas can hold it's own, I'd love to join the class.  I know hardly anything about Magick, but am slightly interested, so sign me up  :p .

Be Well.
En: Get into a class.
Preferably a Hatha Yoga class.
Avoid Yogas
Power Yoga, Fitness yoga, Wellness Yoga, Energy Yoga.....
What about NINJA SEX YOGA!!! Is that alright?
Tsu: No :P
ROFL

August 12, 2004, 06:12:27 AM
Reply #28

deathpsythe

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
what bout psionics will we have a class for that?
~Faith Is For Those Who Have nothing To Lose~

August 12, 2004, 06:44:15 AM
Reply #29

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
I'm not sure about psionics classes, but this magick class sure sounds interesting. I'm going to apply for it as soon as possible.  Summoning and Talismanic Magic sound pretty interesting.

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3