Author Topic: Class in the Making.  (Read 31043 times)

July 30, 2004, 06:46:13 PM
Read 31043 times

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
I've done my part here at Veritas to spark a level of both appreciation and curiosity of magic, which has lead(so it seems) to members here wishing for a class on the subject.

For those of you who did not know, I am devising such a class as we speak, which, unless I add or take away a few lessons, promises to take place over a period of 21-25 weeks of lessons, and is divided into four courses.  People training to 3rd Level(advanced understanding) will only be in class for about 21 weeks, whereas people interested in being considered for Teacher Status here at Veritas will be in class for 25 weeks.  I have finished the outline of studies, and already written 6 of the lessons.  In the next two weeks, durring which I shall be at the beach with my laptop(but no internet connection), I intend to work fervently on the completion of a larger part of the lessons.  If all goes well, applications shall be made public in September, with classes beginning by the end of October.  If that goes according to plan, then regular classes should end at the beginning of April, with classes for those aiming for Teacher Status ending in May.  The reason for the extra four weeks being added is that there will be two, two week long breaks at appropriate places in the teaching so as to allow my students some mental rest, and myself some some to reflect on the progress thus far.  However, this will be the first attempt of this training program here at Veritas, and therein while those dates and estimations should be farely accurate, we will not find out untill it is finished, as this is somewhat a "trial."

Originally, I had intended to have a class of only 5 or 6 people.  However, due to the length of the project, and demand of teaching, I have expanded this to 15 slots for aspirants to fill, if I can find but 15 people who show dedication and willingness to learn my methods of magic.  The dynamics as to how the applications shall be filled out and returned to me are still being worked out.

I thought I would provide those curious few of you out there with this information, so that you know some of the good things to come.  I'm looking foward to these classes, and hope you are too.

July 30, 2004, 07:23:03 PM
Reply #1

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
YAY! Classes! Can't wait till september!! Oh wait, Shit.  that means summers gota end. And school, school has to start.  The pros and cons of the summer ending. *Sigh*  Anyway, I just wondering, should one be acepted into your course, Would one need any supplies? Like text books? I know that a pen and paper or a word procesoer are a given, But anything else we might need would be a good thing to know.

July 31, 2004, 06:58:57 AM
Reply #2

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Classes, yay!

I too am wondering what sort of supplies would be needed in order to participate. I'd absolutely love to be a test dummy. ;)

July 31, 2004, 07:30:35 AM
Reply #3

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Same here, this is the sort of thing i have been looking for : )
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

July 31, 2004, 08:13:05 AM
Reply #4

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
All the books I may require you to read I will provide as PDFs to my students.  Other than that, I would simply advise taking notes in a notebook.

July 31, 2004, 10:39:05 AM
Reply #5

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
No problem. Have you any idea when the applications will be started or such ?
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

July 31, 2004, 11:16:01 AM
Reply #6

Adept

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Quote from: Prophecy
If all goes well, applications shall be made public in September, with classes beginning by the end of October.
Just read a little more closely. :)

July 31, 2004, 04:16:07 PM
Reply #7

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Perhaps I'll have to arrange something similar for aspiring internal stylists/psions.

When you finish, although I won't neccesarily be interested in taking the actual course (the spot should go to someone who needs it, not a teacher :/), I'd love to look at the curriculum, perhaps as inspiration for the layout of my own course.

Good idea. It's about time something like this was done.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 31, 2004, 10:32:38 PM
Reply #8

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Also, I'm just wondering, how much exerience in magic do you think will be needed to enter the classes?

August 01, 2004, 08:42:49 AM
Reply #9

Fire Essence

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
If I have the time, I may apply. Sounds interesting enough.

August 01, 2004, 10:28:32 AM
Reply #10

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
You need very minimal prior experience in magic, as the course is designed to take you from the beginning of the path to a logical stopping point in tutilage.  However, it wouldn't hurt to read a few things about magic before starting, simply so that you can assure yourself that your basis are covered.

August 01, 2004, 10:39:52 AM
Reply #11

Fire Essence

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
"basis are covered." DO I sense a pun or a spelling error? :P

August 02, 2004, 06:31:04 AM
Reply #12

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
All your base are belong to us!

Er.. [/off topic]

Yay, I can hardly wait till September. This class surely sounds most interesting, something I have really got to do, or try to atleast :)
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

August 03, 2004, 11:02:15 AM
Reply #13

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Heh, this sounds great =D.
Interesting, to say the least...
*cant wait for September* =P
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

August 04, 2004, 11:40:39 PM
Reply #14

blackdragon

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
what tape of magic will you be going over or will be gen.