Author Topic: Auralization  (Read 3512 times)

December 12, 2003, 02:56:55 PM
Read 3512 times

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
hehe, I mentioned a sister article in my Visualization one, well, here it is!

Auralization

This article covers the basics of Auralization, how it works, and how you can use it in your everyday life.  This article was written by Neo, and shall always be the property of Neo, so donít pinch it!

This brief article focuses on  a skill even less-known then Visualization.  I suggest you read the sister article to this, Visualization, before you read this, as you might not understand some of the terms I use.
    Now, if thereís one thing about Visualization thatís bad, itís the fact that you kind of have to have your eyes closed for it to work well, and you have to do it without too much clutter around. Well, thereís a solution for on-the-go improvement of skills.
    Auralization: a word I think I made up, which means to hear a noise that isnít happening, or to imagine a noise.  This is a great great great skill to have, as you can use it during your tennis game, or your basketball match, if you just hear yourself getting that point, and getting it in that basket, it has a good effect on  you.  
     This doesnít work anywhere near as well as Visualization, because your brain isn't that well fooled by it, but it is fooled a little, causing it to use that specific path, and get it warmed up for your next shot.  Now Auralization is definitely not, I say not a good way to build up skills, thatís for Visualization.  Auralization is strong where Visualization is weak, and weak where Visualization is strong,  You can combine the two to make Visualization more effective, but the very best usage is of course its mobility advantage, the fact that you can do it with your eyes open during a game, it can be used as a touch-up, and you donít need to block out that much info like you do with Visualization.
   I hope that you read the  Visualization Article first, or this will have been pretty much GobbledeGook to you.  I hope you enjoyed reading this, and will use Auralization in your everyday life, and utilize it to its full possiblities.  Now, as I said before, donít pinch this, and you can PM me (Neo) on VeritasOnline Forums.

©CDCM 2003
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:38:24 PM by Neo »
Don't annoy me, or I'll set my kamehamehamsters on you!

December 13, 2003, 06:49:25 AM
Reply #1

SereneChaos

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
you could combine vizualization, tactile visualization, and auralization for a great combo.:p

December 13, 2003, 07:35:59 AM
Reply #2

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Yes it is always good to combine all your senses with visualization and all most all energy work as it mkes everything seem more real and concrete then just visualizing with you r sigh etc.

December 13, 2003, 11:13:00 AM
Reply #3

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Yeah, everything should be used, its just harder for a N00b to use everything, so i just wrote those, I mean,  you could taste success, and smell victory! lol

December 13, 2003, 12:47:19 PM
Reply #4

Jammo

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
ohh so theres
visulization - sight
Auralization - sound
and would it be something like
Smellolization- smell
Feelilization - touch
Tastylization - taste
and the big combo,
dum dde de dum de de dum

:elephant: Allsensealization :elephant:

all singing all dancing, now avalible with suround sound, in widescreen, and in colour.

Ohhh Ahhhhhh (audience)

lol

:cool:
Where theres a will theres a way, also it helps if theres a Jane, John, and Bill, but those are all optional of course.

:cool:

December 17, 2003, 04:46:02 PM
Reply #5

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Welcome back Jammo,
Yeah, good idea, but I dont think it just has that ring to it! :elephant: