Author Topic: I.q.  (Read 4299 times)

June 28, 2004, 03:29:58 AM
Read 4299 times

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Ok i know some ppl think I.Q. doesn't mean anything (i sometimes agree), but i jsut took a test and want to brag.

My Score: 141
Site: http://www.tickle.com Super IQ test (and some other site, cant remember)

Whats your scores?? (im psyched right now cause mine is better than both of my parents scores, and most of my teachers (hope they burn in hell over summer))

June 28, 2004, 04:37:15 AM
Reply #1

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
I got a 138. Hmm... It's gone up 18 points in the last year.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

June 28, 2004, 05:03:15 AM
Reply #2

Cold Cryo

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I'm around Talyn's I.Q. on all these online tests
-*~ Love - Respect - Honour - Balance - Optimism ~*-
            Love is the law, love under will

June 28, 2004, 12:09:43 PM
Reply #3

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Well, on the site you linked to, I scored a 131.
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

June 28, 2004, 12:46:18 PM
Reply #4

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
When I did it on 3rd October '03; I got 117.
EDIT:- However, I just re-did it and got 120. Wooho.
Apprently:
The way you think about things makes you a Visual Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have many diverse talents. You have especially strong linguistic talents and are very good at interpreting visual information. You've got your feet on the ground, but your mind is capable of very complex, abstract thought. Compared to others, you are easily able to see situations from many different angles. You also understand how things work in a very practical way.

June 28, 2004, 12:53:18 PM
Reply #5

killthedream

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
eh too lazy. lets go with 300 simply because I rule.
I rule, okay?

Disregard anything I say, there is a 100 percent chance I am talking out of my ass.

Do not expect good grammar.

June 28, 2004, 01:15:07 PM
Reply #6

Apoc

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Your IQ score is 117

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Cool....
"All knowledge, is ultimately, self knowledge."
Bruce Lee

June 28, 2004, 02:13:24 PM
Reply #7

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile

IQ tests mean nothing. I know I am not smarter than albert einstien...

June 28, 2004, 02:48:42 PM
Reply #8

killthedream

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Yes they mean nothing, especially ones online that dont distinguish time when time is one of the key criterion of I.Q tests..... and didnt Einstein have 220 something but then theres 2 forms of I.Q scales, the one where 100 is average and one that its like 150 or something and 300 is the highest.
I rule, okay?

Disregard anything I say, there is a 100 percent chance I am talking out of my ass.

June 28, 2004, 02:54:04 PM
Reply #9

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
Quote from: killthedream
Yes they mean nothing, especially ones online that dont distinguish time when time is one of the key criterion of I.Q tests
This is true, but I seem to remember doing one once that did ask you to time yourself and enter the time at the end. Just can't remember where it was.

June 28, 2004, 02:58:11 PM
Reply #10

killthedream

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
yeah but still, then you have to think its all on paper and real ones have you play with blocks literally and such oh well.
I rule, okay?

June 28, 2004, 08:53:14 PM
Reply #11

Nekodaimyo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
I had one taken when i was younger for some problem or another I supposedly had...
I don't remember my score now.
Though I do know I wasn't mentally disturbed.
世界の支配者と言われると、お世辞でもうれしい。

June 29, 2004, 12:27:43 AM
Reply #12

Viendin

• Veritas Furniture

• Writer-Scholar-Fighter

• Personal Text
    Writer-Scholar-Fighter
    • View Profile
Always nice to find out you aren't legally insane.

On that test, I find it hard to believe you got 141 - I played around for two and a half hours shifting the 2-3 questions I wasn't sure about, and the highest I've ever seen or found was 138. Of course, I could have just had massive mistakes somewhere, but when two other friends tried to prove me wrong, and got the same answer, I took it for truth.

LL, you just simply didn't take that test.

And IQ tests mean plenty. Online or not. They mean that you're interested in seeing how smart you are, likely in improving your intelligence, and give you a bit of a gauge to set standards for yourself upon. Whether or not they accurately and properly combine with one another and translate across the different times, ages, and situations, and whether or not they measure all of the known types of intelligence, they are still useful tools for those who are interested.

For bragging rights, (and unbragging rights) I've pulled everywhere from a 103 to a 196 on IQ tests, but I average out at about 175 generally. I never took a real IQ test, so I can't quite be sure. Instead I took one of those 'Identification Of Psychological Profile Tests' or whatever where they give you percentiles.

It was 98th average, I had 100 in one thing and 99 in most others, but my motor skills fell short for my messy writing, which I took too long with because I tried to make it neat, but it was still messy. I got a 20th percentile in motor skills, drooping my overall 'Giftedness' percentile or something. The test is an international thing, but they tried to tell me it didn't transfer between two counties when I moved. Thank god for complaints. No, not countries, counties.
Deep in the dark woods, the grey wind blows.
How did it come there, not a soul knows.
Whence it shall leave, and all it shall cleave
are yet to be seen, as further time goes.

http://wammmr.ath.cx/

June 29, 2004, 01:31:35 AM
Reply #13

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
justin, your IQ score is 141

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Complex Intellectual. This means you are highly intelligent and have extraordinarily strong verbal and math skills. Compared to others you are a highly conceptual and complex thinker and are able to understand information in an abstract form. You also show great attention to detail. In fact, it's hard to find something you're not good at.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Complex Intellectual? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Complex Intellectual. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Thats an exact quote of what the site said. If you still don't believe me, i can go back through and do it again and right down my answers to them so i can PM to you.

I agree with Lightlink though (ironicly because i started this thread). I.Q. tests don't really mean that much. Whether they are timed or not, they still don't mean too much. I have seen complete morons get pretty good scores (120-130), and really smart people get average scores (around 100-110) Today i am finding that alot of people are really smart, they just want to be idiots, and in return the less 'intelligent' kids seem smarter.

June 29, 2004, 02:10:13 AM
Reply #14

tiny

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
im oficily dumb i got 95 wich is 5 more than when i last did a test
but i am a action movie
i dont have a fear of death i just dont whant to be there when it happens
 :teethy:

who ever ses nuthing is imposible never tryed slaming a revolving door
 :cow:

"we r just a bunch of stoned exentric  wezzing illitrate lardy basterds" bill baley about the uk  
  :elephant: