Author Topic: Interesting Opprotunity  (Read 2223 times)

June 27, 2004, 11:55:51 PM
Read 2223 times

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Hey guys. i've been given a wonderful chance by my sifu. He has invited me and a few other students to go to china in october and train gongfu at the shaolin monestary with other students from all over china for 12 days. has anyone else heard anything about this? Also, what do you guys think about this?

June 28, 2004, 12:03:41 AM
Reply #1

Apoc

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Wow. Congrats. NO, I hav'nt heard anything of this but you are most certainly lucky to get an opportunity like that.. I would take it in a heartbeat.
"All knowledge, is ultimately, self knowledge."
Bruce Lee

June 28, 2004, 12:27:31 AM
Reply #2

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Kung Fu may not be my favourite martial art, but I too would go for it straight away. Sounds great. But, make sure you think you can take what they dish out before you leave. I've heard about how hard they push their students. Crazy stuff. For your sake, I hope you're already quite fit and flexible =P
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

June 28, 2004, 06:59:54 AM
Reply #3

Xiphias

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Although modern wu shu's a tad dark-coloured in my book I'd loooove to go there damn. Being completely in the Kung Fu-theme because everything's about kung-fu. Even dinner lol. "Hey go do some stretching." "What?" "We're gonna eat soon." Mabu when eating 'n stuff like that god :) I'd just kill somebody to have that oppurtinity.  :rolleyes:

"Everybody was kung fu fiightiiing." *sings* :o
- "One of perceptions' disadvantages is that everything is affected by subjectivity." -
- "Adding speed to basics. That's advanced." -