Author Topic: The Falsehoods of Radical Chi Explained  (Read 107582 times)

November 21, 2004, 08:55:47 AM
Reply #30

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Quote from: BlacK

I think that in general, it would be a near impossible task to go around educating the entire Rad-Ki community, and a waste of time. Use this time to improve your own skills and gain knowledge, then when the members of the Rad-Ki community become disillusioned with thier 'art' and move on, you are in a better position to help them grow into a better energy practitioner.

Wrong. It is not a waste of time educating the entire Rad-ki community. By educating others we actually can educate ourselves. When you attempt to teach a person, you flip through the pages of your own knowledge, and come to understand even further what you learned. If you do not understand what someone else has taught you, you cannot begin to teach another. By helping along some confused newbies, you gain more than you lose.

Sure, I was once a radki kid. In the Summer of 2002? I was a member of TUS. Then I saw a post about Veritas... once I came here, I learned the error of my ways, and reformed until you see me as I am. Then, I stayed a member for quite some time... and learned a lot in a short amount of time. In turn I educated a good many people who came into various sites about why their ways were incorrect. I didn't exactly go on a crusade against it like Koujiryuu, Kendamu, etc. But I did my part, and will continue to do so.

Radki and Tradki were once very unbalanced. There were 10 radki sites for every 1 tradki site. Now, who can say those numbers remain the same? No one can say that with any truth. There remain a few inactive websites dotted here and there over the expanse of internet, but surely not as many as before. By helping others, we realized exactly how much we knew. Once you try to show someone the falsehood of their beliefs, you come to see how much knowledge is packed into your own head.
Through attempting to enlighten others, I gained so much.
~Frozen
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

November 21, 2004, 12:02:51 PM
Reply #31

ThiefDeath

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Grammaton Cleric
    • View Profile
Quote from: TwilightSociety
Firstly Radical Ki is nothing like any form of internal martail arts or any form of energy arts. It's a name given to people who try to do things from a cartoon. You cannot justify it or say that there close to real techniques so there may be some truth to it because it's misleading.

Radki in its originality consisted of a hybrid style of psionics and things from cartoon shows.  It is not entirely one or the other.  That's why it was able to maintain the little sliver of credibility it ever had.  Ask one of the radki creators such as Kendamu about this.

Quote from: TwilightSociety
The thing that thiefdeath said about allowing them to go an experiance it themselfs is not a good idea. From my years of being online, I have helped hundreds of people. Answering questions, giving advice, offering exercises and techniques. The problem many people have is that they start off with Radical Ki, they learn bad habits. They focus on physical sensations which is not energy. They get a belief system into there mind, which only they can work around. And really it screws them up because unless they are really willing to learn, they will train to a point that they cannot progress. That is why so many people online talk about ki balls, there experiances at that level and so on. The reason they talk about this stuff is becasue they have picked many bad habits up which are very hard to lose and it's halted any real progression.

Hmm you might have a point here.  When I posted my previous reply in this thread, I was not entirely aware of all the detriments of radki.  Since then I have  been more interested in the subject (not to practice it of course) and have done some research on it.  I have discovered more of the detriments of it such as the ones you have mentioned.  I realize now that the detriments of radki possibly outweigh the compliments (such as the 'life lessons' i mentioned) and perhaps an active role in halting the practice of radki does need to be taken.

Simon says halt radki! :p
[23:48] <DanielH> You guys are all strange
[23:48] <DanielH> You have a different way of thinking (which is wrong)

How about a shave?

November 21, 2004, 12:51:06 PM
Reply #32

TwilightSociety

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twilightsociety.com
Radki in its originality consisted of a hybrid style of psionics and things from cartoon shows. It is not entirely one or the other. That's why it was able to maintain the little sliver of credibility it ever had. Ask one of the radki creators such as Kendamu about this.

Hey Thiefdeath,
This i still have to disagree on. You see Radical Ki is if you like a super form of internal martial arts. No one i know of have ever heard of as created energy balls from there internal arts training and blown someone else up. Not something your likely to see at any tournament soon. True with internal martial arts you can do some amazing things but they even take a lifetime to learn. No one will ever be able to do what they try to do with Radical Ki. Really you are comparing it to the wrong form of energy manipulation.

Thanks

Simon

January 09, 2005, 01:27:50 PM
Reply #33

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
So, anyone new in the Radki business lately?
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

January 19, 2005, 02:36:05 PM
Reply #34

Xeno

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Well I have been interested ever since I read Chiki's post saying he coudl prove radki was real by moving a penicl 5 ft away with his mouth and nose covered. Since I was a psion it pissed me off that someone was using psionics to prove radki real, that was maybe a day our two ago.
I need a good signature...

January 21, 2005, 04:21:25 PM
Reply #35

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
That's anti-cool.

Even if it did prove Radki's mechanics, it doesn't prove its combat effectiveness.

So, Radki is still useless.

January 22, 2005, 04:57:04 PM
Reply #36

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

January 25, 2005, 05:39:13 AM
Reply #37

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
Hey, did you know that in tai chi chuan, one of the first postures is that of "holding a chi ball"? But chi balls are so totally useless, so that proves tradchi is useless in combat too!

Oh wait... Not everything in a system is meant to "prove it's combat effectiveness", seeing as most things should focus more on *developing* combat effectiveness rather than proving them. I'm not saying "radki good!", but the arguement against in this case is a bit flawed.

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

January 25, 2005, 06:38:09 AM
Reply #38

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Er.. Holding the Qi ball, is called holding the Qi ball, because it looks like you are HOLDING A BALL. It isnt a supreme technique of non physical contact attack.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

January 25, 2005, 07:01:19 AM
Reply #39

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Quote from: kakkarot
Hey, did you know that in tai chi chuan, one of the first postures is that of "holding a chi ball"? But chi balls are so totally useless, so that proves tradchi is useless in combat too!

Oh wait... Not everything in a system is meant to "prove it's combat effectiveness", seeing as most things should focus more on *developing* combat effectiveness rather than proving them. I'm not saying "radki good!", but the arguement against in this case is a bit flawed.

~kakkarot

Hmmm...  Who was one of the few people who developed hundreds of techniques that were refined versions of MisteryShadow's crap and eventually COINED the term Radki?  That's right...  me.

So, who probably knows more about Radki than you?  That's right...  me.

Lastly, that means who would know about combat effectiveness in relation to Radki?  You got it...  me.

So my argument is only as flawed as your interpretation of it is.

January 25, 2005, 10:59:21 AM
Reply #40

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
This last post of yours is a good argument Kendamu.

The previous posts by yourself and xeno were not because chiki didn't say that moving a pencil was "proof of radki's effectiveness", just proof that it existed (and yes, xeno, I did see where you bitched about that being psi and not radki). So to argue that such a thing isn't proving radki's effectiveness in combat is equivalent to my example about the "holding the qi ball" stance in tai chi.

Now let me explain what it is I'm posting about: I'm not arguing as to whether radki is real or not, I'm pointing out that improper arguments are bad for trying to prove something even if your overall point is correct.

~kakkarot

PS To darkduck, regarding your post in chiki's thread: I realize you're not a novice, which is why your assessments actually count for something. Novices should not be trying to debate the reality of things which are obviously far beyond their ability to assess.
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

May 09, 2005, 05:43:36 PM
Reply #41

pod3

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
What are the limits of methods taught by Veritas, then?

May 31, 2005, 12:33:36 PM
Reply #42

WillowpalmImmortal

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I'm glad this website finnaly pulled away from all of that nonsense. 2-3 years ago it seemed like everyone on these forums lived in some kind of cheap japanese cartoon! Anyway, I'm gald to see that people are finnaly starting to pull away from harmful and false teachings.
Oh, and Kendamu, your "way"  leads to nothing but trouble. You don't know what your talking about and those you have "taught" your methods to are only being harmed by them. Plus they hold no relevence in a fight. Stance, posture and correct breathing could overthrough even the most well trained of "Radki enthusists", and that dosent even begin to talk of the power of Taijiquan. There is a reason why things have been done the way they have been done for thousands of years!  Besides the way you are training, you will never even glimpse the iceberg of potential that the human body holds.

May 31, 2005, 02:02:21 PM
Reply #43

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
Dude, what the hell are you talking about?? Ken reformed his ways AGGGESS ago...I think you must have misread his posts...He is a Tradz0r winn0r n0w j00 f00l. He is trying to undo the damage he did years ago and Im pretty sure he addresses this in the posts within this thread.
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

July 07, 2005, 08:06:38 PM
Reply #44

SleepWalker

• Posts By Osmosis

• Pool Boy

• Personal Text
    Pinkus Elephantus
    • View Profile
How is something so full of hate rated with 5 stars, the relation of fear and hate amongst you is such a beautiful thing? Or maybe like me you see the fear and wish to rid yourself of it, and inturn rid everyone of it.
 :elephant:
How can you explain freedom, never having experienced it.
From the moment we ar born we conform to the physical world. In narrow awareness of all that there is to percieve.
Try Tachyon[/URL