Author Topic: The Falsehoods of Radical Chi Explained  (Read 108496 times)

June 02, 2013, 04:53:35 PM
Reply #180

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I agree with you Mind_Bender, there's a lot of symbolism in anime and manga.

It's fine to use these things as inspiration.

It is not fine to take them literally and try to emulate the powers and abilities displayed in the show using almost wholly visualization and imagination. All this produces is delusion. It ignores traditional practices and methods of developing Qi. It is also not fine to lie about the results you get from such practices (i.e. claiming to be a Super Saiyan or claiming to make visible ki balls, or do visible energy beams that explode and damage buildings, or claim to fly. I have seen all these claims and I know they're all lies.)

Since you missed it and haven't seen what the actual Radki practices are, take a thorough look at this webpage. This is one of the more notorious "ki manuals". Note the almost complete lack of Qigong fundamentals (Yi, posture, breathwork, form) and the complete reliance on visualization. Also note the lack of real descriptiveness of the techniques. How anyone could learn proper energy work from this, especially Qigong, is beyond me.

The majority of the sites still around now that have Radki elements (psiwarriors.com, a few Avatar bending sites) all have this one fatal flaw: it's all visualization, tactile feedback, imagination and induced delusion. It has more in common with bad Psi practice than anything.

Also, Kendamu's advice is good.

"Use this breath, the rest happens automatically."

Him and I have a difference of opinion on what Qi really is. He sees it as more of a purely scientific force. I see it as a mystical force within the domain of Daoist Yoga and alchemy. However, he really hit the nail on the head when it comes to martial Qigong. Just breath correctly, attack, kiai and the rest happens automatically if you're in a blank state of mind. The Qi will manifest naturally because of your intent. You don't need to forcefully guide the Qi out of the arms or legs when attacking because this happens on it's own when you have the right mindset. This holds true for most spiritual Qigong and most health oriented Qigong forms (Baduanjin, Taijiquan) too. You never need to focus the Qi in one part of the body, the goal is to blank out and "go with the flow", do the exercise, and let the Qi move on it's own.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:59:32 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 02, 2013, 04:55:49 PM
Reply #181

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
It is not fine to take them literally and try to emulate the powers and abilities displayed in the show using almost wholly visualization and imagination. All this produces is delusion. It ignores traditional practices and methods of developing Qi. It is also not fine to lie about the results you get from such practices (i.e. claiming to be a Super Saiyan or claiming to make visible ki balls, or do visible energy beams that explode and damage buildings, or claim to fly. I have seen all these claims and I know they're all lies.)

Well, to play the devil's advocate (which you all know I love to do :P) for all anyone on this board knows, people ARE producing visible ki balls and making visible energy beams that cause damage to buildings... or maybe even flying...

How do you know that all of those claims are lies?
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

June 02, 2013, 05:02:07 PM
Reply #182

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
claiming to make visible ki balls

You know, in the first place, it never said anywhere in dragon ball that ki was visible. I don't even remember anywhere that clairvoyance was implied, especially since Baba was the only official psychic that I remember. The author only made ki visible to the readers because it makes it more fun to read the manga, and then later to watch the anime. In short, it was the readers/watchers who had clairvoyance, not the characters themselves.  :P

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

June 02, 2013, 05:02:43 PM
Reply #183

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Because back then it was coming from 14-16 year old boys with less than a year of practice in meditation, martial arts and spirituality, who spent more time posting on forums than actually practicing, made things up as they went along, had overactive imagination, and wanted to lie to impress their peers.

I even saw a few videos back in the day where kids were claiming to make "visible ki balls" in front of a camera. Without fail, I saw no such thing, even though they claimed to be doing it.

It really doesn't take a genius to realize why all this stuff is lies.
My Articles

June 02, 2013, 05:45:00 PM
Reply #184

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
Because back then it was coming from 14-16 year old boys with less than a year of practice in meditation, martial arts and spirituality, who spent more time posting on forums than actually practicing, made things up as they went along, had overactive imagination, and wanted to lie to impress their peers.

I even saw a few videos back in the day where kids were claiming to make "visible ki balls" in front of a camera. Without fail, I saw no such thing, even though they claimed to be doing it.

It really doesn't take a genius to realize why all this stuff is lies.

What I find funny is that this is the attitude that many skeptics take to the overall content of this forum (psi, chi, magic, etc).

For all anybody knows, we're all a bunch of 14-16 year old boys posting online (I'm sure most of us were at some point...)

There are a few videos out there reportedly demonstrating psi in action, but if you discount the ones that have been discovered/admitted as being fakes, there's really no way to tell if there is any psi happening or if it's just your own imagination/wishful thinking/stage trickery.

I've also heard your final sentiment expressed many a time towards psi/chi/magic as well.

Maybe we're still 14-16 year old boys that just never grew up, and keep hoping to find out we have special powers.

Just a thought.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

June 02, 2013, 06:11:00 PM
Reply #185

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
What I find funny is that this is the attitude that many skeptics take to the overall content of this forum (psi, chi, magic, etc).

For all anybody knows, we're all a bunch of 14-16 year old boys posting online (I'm sure most of us were at some point...)

There are a few videos out there reportedly demonstrating psi in action, but if you discount the ones that have been discovered/admitted as being fakes, there's really no way to tell if there is any psi happening or if it's just your own imagination/wishful thinking/stage trickery.

I've also heard your final sentiment expressed many a time towards psi/chi/magic as well.

Maybe we're still 14-16 year old boys that just never grew up, and keep hoping to find out we have special powers.

Just a thought.

There's a lot of wisdom in this post, and again, this is why I don't believe the majority of claims people make online that are very outlandish.

Ultimately, though, I've experienced and seen enough real, objective effects of Qigong, Psi and Magick through my own workings to have come to the conclusion that they are more than psychosomatic.

Also, this still says nothing about the wisdom, self mastery, and personal development you can attain through metaphysics, which to me is more important than any power.

So for me, it really has nothing to do with power and everything to do with inner peace. I know I've said this before, but I will never stop saying it, because it's really true for me.

Kouji
My Articles

August 27, 2013, 11:03:18 PM
Reply #186

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile