Author Topic: The Falsehoods of Radical Chi Explained  (Read 122840 times)

August 01, 2010, 11:22:48 PM
Reply #150

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Of course. That's exactly why I find these "Bending" sites to be so funny. They're all about standing around and visualizing stuff. The people involved seem to have no concept of how each style comes from a real style of Gongfu and how certain essential things about Qi and meditation slip into the show. Instead it's all, "Stand around and visualize this and that."

If they just had a little sense, they'd look into how the show was made and decide to learn the martial art used as an influence for the Bending in the TV show.

There is one (maybe even two) of the younger, fellow students that came out to baguazhang because they saw Avatar.

-Qaexl

I'm glad that at least a couple kids got it right.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

January 22, 2011, 02:52:38 PM
Reply #151

fernadgille

• View Profile
Hi,

I really had a great time so far.
IReally, for the first month of this year I only had luck ... lots of luck.

Greeting

February 28, 2012, 01:07:01 PM
Reply #152

Hand Solo

• View Profile
So in sintesis this Radchi is nothing than a ARG?

This reminds me of the John Palifoxkey bs that for a while wandered on several forums...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55378

Im thinking of that, because I've just finish reading tons of tons of pages on that story.
 So I was thinking if it was something along the lines?

May 10, 2013, 04:03:46 AM
Reply #153

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
Hand Solo, no, not really an ARG, it just takes time, dedication, and using more along the lines of the original writings that was written rather than all the "teachings" later sites came up with, for most results.  Visualization's a great tool for manipulating Ki (Yes, I know you call it Chi.  I call inner life force Ki, and life force from my surroundings Chi, and I always will do so, because it's the way I was taught, and the way I've been practicing for... 14?  15 years now?)  And since noone else seems to be around to defend the original stuff, I thought I'd post here when I started seeing someone claiming it's an ARG of all the stupidity.

No, it isn't.  It's a method of manipulating your life force that had a lot of flack because it went from "Seeing if manipulating Ki like out of an anime" went to "I'm a SUPER SAIYA-JIN!  FEAR ME!", and the community pretty much as a whole collapsed over the course of 5 years from rampant stupidity.  And people didn't quite realize that to be able to feel Ki around their bodies, they had to sensitize their bodies to Ki in the surrounding air, much like they did with the Ki Ball/Psi Ball combination exercise initially used as the basic step to Ki manipulation that Mystery Shadow posted.  Without being able to feel Ki in the surrounding air, and people dumbing down the techniques... the community fell apart rather quickly.  People trying to develop techniques far too advanced for them also didn't really help in this case.

And people having their muscles shift from proper Radki manipulation like the results they WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, often assumed it was "Super Saiya-jin!" and running to the DBZer crouds, didn't help, at all.  (This was back when a lot of them relied on japanese with english dubs, which, admittedly, had far superior music...but was still too much screaming for no reason and them shouting like they were trying to take the world's longest dump.)

Me?  When I realized the DBZers had nothing like the weird phenomenon I witnessed, I trolled the DBZer crouds, except for a couple of people I taught myself, and convinced one of their two warring "Kings" that a picture from FANART of Dragonball Z, was the "royal insignia" for Saiya-jin in it, and that they had to comply with it if they wanted to be considered "True Saiya-jin royalty".

Their new site popped up 3 days later, and let me tell you, I had a GOOD laugh over it all.  Morons never realized that it was Fanart, or looked beyond the "Oooh, official looking art!" and looked for the source.  Saiya-jin royalty, my ass.

Back to my reply, though.

Radki has a few unique benefits to it, that most other energy manipulation styles I've studied, don't.  For example?  It increases blood flow, and blood circulation in other people.  I've gone on walks with a family member that had huge problems with blood circulation in winter, and one year, decided to try and pour Ki into their hands, after a long walk that left their hands looking more like wax from the sheer lack of blood in them.  30 second walk to the mail box, channeling Ki into one hand, one way, and the other hand, on the way back?  When we got back home, she was amazed to see her fingers bright red from blood circulation as if she'd never gone on a walk in the middle of winter, and instead was in front of a heater the whole time.

Another would be eyesight deterioration being countered by it.  I've got 3 years worth of medical records showing my eyes didn't deteriorate, and I didn't need new pairs of glasses, from me experimenting with pouring Ki into my eyeballs until my eyes itched from the amount I poured into each eyeball.  Even now, it's a lot slower than it was when I was young, where I went from having decent eyesight to having problems reading a blackboard 8 feet in front of me, and then reading anything 3 feet in front of me without glasses.  Eventually it got to be about half a foot before I started, and has stayed stable ever since, with my monthly application of this method.

So no, Radki isn't an ARG, it just has a lot of detractors because most people either A. Decided Traditional methods were better, and threw out their Radki techniques, or B. Just decided to give up on it all together.
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

May 29, 2013, 11:14:41 PM
Reply #154

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
No. Just no. Stop.

Radki is pretty much dead except for a handful of bad Avatar sites, and Radki is garbage. It's garbage because it's all made up and it is nothing but visualization based on anime. Compare this to traditional Qigong and martial arts that have existed in China for almost 4000 years, and have been scientifically proven to work.

From the things you've said, I can tell for sure you haven't been practicing for 15 years. Certainly not traditional Qigong, like I have, for 15 years.

Another would be eyesight deterioration being countered by it.  I've got 3 years worth of medical records showing my eyes didn't deteriorate, and I didn't need new pairs of glasses, from me experimenting with pouring Ki into my eyeballs until my eyes itched from the amount I poured into each eyeball.  Even now, it's a lot slower than it was when I was young, where I went from having decent eyesight to having problems reading a blackboard 8 feet in front of me, and then reading anything 3 feet in front of me without glasses.  Eventually it got to be about half a foot before I started, and has stayed stable ever since, with my monthly application of this method.

Congratulations. You've just posted the single dumbest thing I've seen on Veritas in probably 5 years.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

May 30, 2013, 02:48:49 AM
Reply #155

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
No. Just no. Stop.

Radki is pretty much dead except for a handful of bad Avatar sites, and Radki is garbage. It's garbage because it's all made up and it is nothing but visualization based on anime. Compare this to traditional Qigong and martial arts that have existed in China for almost 4000 years, and have been scientifically proven to work.

From the things you've said, I can tell for sure you haven't been practicing for 15 years. Certainly not traditional Qigong, like I have, for 15 years.

Ahah... aren't you acting like a jerk.  Like I care if the bulk of Radki is dead?  I know what works and what hasn't, for me.  And unlike others, I've tried to learn from what I did, and applied the scientific method of "Does this work?  If it doesn't, then what am I doing wrong, here?" rather than "Oooh, yes!  I'll just continue the same thing over and over like a retard!" like those Avatar sites, the DBZers, and everyone else before them that just followed things without trying to make it better, or figure out how to make it work more like it should.  Don't even get me started on the people that banned techniques just because they weren't well liked at the time.  I still have a copy of that guide on Lentation, after all, that this site produced.

Back to my counter statement, though... I took the stuff that worked, and continued studying it, until I figured out how to make it work BETTER, and worked out a lot of flaws with it in the process, still working mainly on a concept of combining traditional methods with psionics.  That's what Radki was in the first place, after all.

Also, by acting like this, aren't you breaking the rules of this site?  You're not supposed to insult other people's methods, after all.

To quote the rules: "Be respectful of other systems, styles, and approaches."  You're supposed to be following this, you know, just as much as everyone else.  ESPECIALLY as a teacher.

Another would be eyesight deterioration being countered by it.  I've got 3 years worth of medical records showing my eyes didn't deteriorate, and I didn't need new pairs of glasses, from me experimenting with pouring Ki into my eyeballs until my eyes itched from the amount I poured into each eyeball.  Even now, it's a lot slower than it was when I was young, where I went from having decent eyesight to having problems reading a blackboard 8 feet in front of me, and then reading anything 3 feet in front of me without glasses.  Eventually it got to be about half a foot before I started, and has stayed stable ever since, with my monthly application of this method.

Congratulations. You've just posted the single dumbest thing I've seen on Veritas in probably 5 years.

Oh?  Well, I'm sorry, but medical records are medical records, and they prove me right.  Do you have ones that prove your techniques work, too?  Until then, all I can say is that you have no proof of your methods working, just like all the morons in the Radki field that I ignored and continued my studies while disregarding their stupidity, couldn't prove theirs, either.  When you can come up, and prove your techniques work, I'll say "Good for you!" just like I would anyone else that manages to better their lives with Ki.

In studying Ki, and mentoring people like I have for the last... 8 years?  And by practicing Radki during the entire time, I've made 3 people's lives better, and kept them from destroying their lives.  Can you say the same thing, Koujiryuu?  Can you honestly say that you've made the lives of at least 3 people better, being a mentor, teaching them and training them in what you know?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:06:39 AM by RanmaBushiko »
An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught.  I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.

I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well.

If you want to ask me about Astral Projection, Radki, or anything else, I'll give you advice.

May 30, 2013, 07:57:15 AM
Reply #156

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Before anything else is said, I would like to interject and gently advise both of you, and everyone else, to not turn this into a pissing contest of "my method is superior to yours/theirs" or similar nonsense. Practicality, efficiency, and traditions aside, there is nothing wrong with people developing their own methods--even if those methods are perceived as dangerous. It is every persons right to decide if they want to venture down a path that may be dangerous.

You are both adults, and although you may intensely disagree with each other and defend your methods and beliefs, you are both fairly intelligent and mature. This is a good opportunity to have a well rounded, respectful, informative discussion on this topic and hear the opinion of a fairly respectful radki practitioner defending his practice, for once, instead of the one sided arguments that typically take place. So discuss your opinions and your practices, but don't let your tempers turn this into something it doesn't need to be.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

May 30, 2013, 09:12:00 AM
Reply #157

Theopholis

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Achievement Unlocked: Stare at Candles
    • View Profile
Oh?  Well, I'm sorry, but medical records are medical records, and they prove me right.  Do you have ones that prove your techniques work, too?  Until then, all I can say is that you have no proof of your methods working, just like all the morons in the Radki field that I ignored and continued my studies while disregarding their stupidity, couldn't prove theirs, either.  When you can come up, and prove your techniques work, I'll say "Good for you!" just like I would anyone else that manages to better their lives with Ki.

Just to be totally clear on this, RanmaBushiko, your medical records don't prove that your techniques work, just that your eyesight hasn't gotten worse. Changes in eyesight are not linear, and most often do stabilize for a time, and can even naturally reverse. I used to have to wear my glasses for everything, but over the last year and half or so I've found that I can see better without them at close distances, and actually have to take them off to read or use the computer. Proof that my eyesight is getting better, but not proof that it did so because I eat beets (smoke, dance, can fly, wrestle with sharks, or anything else).

Although Koujiryuu was a bit rude with you, he actually does have quite a bit of proof to back the things he's written. I would highly recommend that you go through the forums and read some of his articles. Especially this article.

Also, I can't help but notice some discrepancies in your given timeline:

An old Radki user, still working to refine how it was originally taught. I've been studying since 1998, for 15 years of the stuff.
I've worked as a mentor online on AIM and MSN for the past 10 years of that time, as well

In studying Ki, and mentoring people like I have for the last... 8 years?  And by practicing Radki during the entire time

A 7 year difference seems like a pretty big difference to me. You may want to adjust your signature to better reflect this, for the sake of credibility.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:32:39 AM by Theopholis »
And if that doesn't work, try focal meditation.

May 30, 2013, 12:37:23 PM
Reply #158

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Ahah... aren't you acting like a jerk.  Like I care if the bulk of Radki is dead?  I know what works and what hasn't, for me.  And unlike others, I've tried to learn from what I did, and applied the scientific method of "Does this work?  If it doesn't, then what am I doing wrong, here?" rather than "Oooh, yes!  I'll just continue the same thing over and over like a retard!" like those Avatar sites, the DBZers, and everyone else before them that just followed things without trying to make it better, or figure out how to make it work more like it should.  Don't even get me started on the people that banned techniques just because they weren't well liked at the time.  I still have a copy of that guide on Lentation, after all, that this site produced.

Back to my counter statement, though... I took the stuff that worked, and continued studying it, until I figured out how to make it work BETTER, and worked out a lot of flaws with it in the process, still working mainly on a concept of combining traditional methods with psionics.  That's what Radki was in the first place, after all.

Also, by acting like this, aren't you breaking the rules of this site?  You're not supposed to insult other people's methods, after all.

To quote the rules: "Be respectful of other systems, styles, and approaches."  You're supposed to be following this, you know, just as much as everyone else.  ESPECIALLY as a teacher.

There is one single fundamental flaw with this:

I'm not breaking that rule. Secondly, even if I were, I don't really care. I am entitled to my opinion.

Part of the reasons I am a Teacher is because I have proven so thoroughly why radki is bad and doesn't even deserve to be called a method. Again, it is nothing but visualization and imagination. Further, over 15 years I have gotten at least 20 radki sites to reform and switch to traditional practices, or otherwise shut their doors. The ones I didn't go to naturally closed down on their own because people realized the whole idea is stupid, and you can't throw energy beams in real life. Next to Kendamu, I am the person single most responsible for reforming radki. Next would be TheMistDragon.

The approach is bunk because it doesn't work and outside of the internet it has no real following. Compare this to traditional Qigong and the internal arts, which millions of people around the world practice off the internet, is backed by science and research, and has 4000 years of accumulated tradition and experience.

In studying Ki, and mentoring people like I have for the last... 8 years?  And by practicing Radki during the entire time, I've made 3 people's lives better, and kept them from destroying their lives.  Can you say the same thing, Koujiryuu?  Can you honestly say that you've made the lives of at least 3 people better, being a mentor, teaching them and training them in what you know?

Actually, yes, because right now I'm running a Daoist Qigong Study Group here on Veritas with 27 participants. I did this last year as well. I have written two articles recently, and in 10 years have written enough for someone to learn traditional Qigong from. These articles have helped many people and I have gotten many PMs about people having success with my techniques. I have helped people get into Yoga and awaken their Kundalini. I have personally helped with the training of 3 other Teachers on this site. Additionally, I frequently answer questions about Qigong and Yoga around Veritas, as well as promote my methods as a way to attain inner peace, tranquility, spirituality, harmony, oneness, balance and so on. Not only does Radki lack proper energy work fundamentals, proper breath work, correct intention, and correct visualization, but it also completely lacks the Qigong theory and philosophy that makes it a spiritual pursuit. The "Techniques" are all stuff people just make up, and they are almost always solely for the pursuit of personal power, and never about self transformation. So you see, I may come off "rude" or whatever but really... it's 2013. Veritas doesn't have any room for that stuff anymore. It's best to let it die.

I have done all this in addition to reforming Radki sites since about 2002, and even prior to that I was a leader of The New Mystics, and debated against Radki on MisteryShadow's boards, while doing my own research into traditional methods.

So if you really wanna question me or put it out there. Your last post until very recently was from 2007. You have little to no forum posts and negative karma. The majority of your posts are in this thread, where if we read through it, we see very solid evidence presented on all sides that Radki is junk for numerous reasons, that you are still basically ignoring.

Who do you think people reading this should believe? I have an actual open record and constant post history in helping people on this site since 2004... not to mention everything else I've done... and you have "claims" that you "mentor in ki for 8 years and have helped 3 people".

I can certainly claim I've helped more than 3 people. Hell, going from the combined read count of all my articles they collectively have over 100,000 views. I know each isn't unique. However, I know I've helped hundreds of people directly through this site and probably at least a few thousand more through my articles. And I wasn't teaching them bunk methods that have been disproven time and again since Mistery copied techniques from Skywind and posted them in his guide.

Radki might do something, but I know for a fact it pales in comparison to traditional training. Especially things like Iron Shirt, Iron Palm, Golden Bell, Xi Shui Jing, and others. Why use a fake internet substitute that's been made up by kids when you can study the real methods of the Shaolin Monks, for example? It makes no sense.

My Articles

May 30, 2013, 06:13:42 PM
Reply #159

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
I'm not breaking that rule. Secondly, even if I were, I don't really care. I am entitled to my opinion.

Part of the reasons I am a Teacher is because I have proven so thoroughly why radki is bad and doesn't even deserve to be called a method. Again, it is nothing but visualization and imagination. Further, over 15 years I have gotten at least 20 radki sites to reform and switch to traditional practices, or otherwise shut their doors. The ones I didn't go to naturally closed down on their own because people realized the whole idea is stupid, and you can't throw energy beams in real life. Next to Kendamu, I am the person single most responsible for reforming radki. Next would be TheMistDragon.

The approach is bunk because it doesn't work and outside of the internet it has no real following. Compare this to traditional Qigong and the internal arts, which millions of people around the world practice off the internet, is backed by science and research, and has 4000 years of accumulated tradition and experience.

The approach needed working on it, I'll agree.  Ki can't exist very far outside of the human body, without going heavily into psionics to keep it relatively stable for a few feet.  I don't disagree at all with that fact.  What I DO disagree with is the fact that it can't be utilized to manipulate Ki at all.  The problems that I saw with Radki is that people like you, instead of working to better it, decided that it was crap and not useful at all.

Actually, yes, because right now I'm running a Daoist Qigong Study Group here on Veritas with 27 participants. I did this last year as well. I have written two articles recently, and in 10 years have written enough for someone to learn traditional Qigong from. These articles have helped many people and I have gotten many PMs about people having success with my techniques. I have helped people get into Yoga and awaken their Kundalini. I have personally helped with the training of 3 other Teachers on this site. Additionally, I frequently answer questions about Qigong and Yoga around Veritas, as well as promote my methods as a way to attain inner peace, tranquility, spirituality, harmony, oneness, balance and so on. Not only does Radki lack proper energy work fundamentals, proper breath work, correct intention, and correct visualization, but it also completely lacks the Qigong theory and philosophy that makes it a spiritual pursuit. The "Techniques" are all stuff people just make up, and they are almost always solely for the pursuit of personal power, and never about self transformation. So you see, I may come off "rude" or whatever but really... it's 2013. Veritas doesn't have any room for that stuff anymore. It's best to let it die.

I've written a small manual I spread about to those that studied under me, myself, so I can see exactly where you came from.  I haven't had as many people studying under me, but over two dozen at my peak is a pretty good number, don't you think?  As for Radki, it indeed DID become what you're describing.  But if you had ever asked, instead of assuming that I follow that method, you'd learn that I studied it for self transformation and the persuit of knowledge, rather than just "Rar!  I have POWER!".  But you never have, and you instantly went on the offensive over it.  It's not USELESS at all, it's just that the techniques have needed to be drastically refined.

I have done all this in addition to reforming Radki sites since about 2002, and even prior to that I was a leader of The New Mystics, and debated against Radki on MisteryShadow's boards, while doing my own research into traditional methods.

So if you really wanna question me or put it out there. Your last post until very recently was from 2007. You have little to no forum posts and negative karma. The majority of your posts are in this thread, where if we read through it, we see very solid evidence presented on all sides that Radki is junk for numerous reasons, that you are still basically ignoring.

Who do you think people reading this should believe? I have an actual open record and constant post history in helping people on this site since 2004... not to mention everything else I've done... and you have "claims" that you "mentor in ki for 8 years and have helped 3 people".

I can certainly claim I've helped more than 3 people. Hell, going from the combined read count of all my articles they collectively have over 100,000 views. I know each isn't unique. However, I know I've helped hundreds of people directly through this site and probably at least a few thousand more through my articles. And I wasn't teaching them bunk methods that have been disproven time and again since Mistery copied techniques from Skywind and posted them in his guide.

Radki might do something, but I know for a fact it pales in comparison to traditional training. Especially things like Iron Shirt, Iron Palm, Golden Bell, Xi Shui Jing, and others. Why use a fake internet substitute that's been made up by kids when you can study the real methods of the Shaolin Monks, for example? It makes no sense.

While you were dealing with Radki sites, I was dealing with the DBZer croud in a similar manner, pointing out the flaws in their arguments, pointing out things that they were screwing up with while trying to "ascend to a Super Saiya-jin", and generally trolling the bulk of the morons in charge, so I can't disagree with you on some of the sites being BS.  Heck, I'll say it right now.  Most Radki sites after Mystery Shadow's and the initial New Mystics, was full of crap. 

Instead of going along with the crap, I procedurally documented techniques that seemed to work, experimented with them, taught people that I mentored in Ki at the time, and worked out the scientific method of "Does this work?  If so, what seems to work most about it?  What's the least?".  One such student killed his pet Hamster while experimenting with Ki, by accident, and was able to effectively exhaust people with his techniques, while another noted that his techniques seemed to "guide" flame as he did so, much like Pyrokinesis.

Also, why on EARTH would I post about private subjects on a public forum?  No offense, but I taught them online over aim and msn, because they didn't want family issues and problems getting out.  Seriously, that's not smart at all.  Sure, you posted here, and good for you!  I just don't care to post about every little thing, or post much when I have other issues, and other problems to deal with such as real life, my reading addiction, and helping other people.

By 3 people, I mean people that would have killed themselves if I hadn't stepped in, Koujiryuu.  Not simply people that I simply mentored, but they actively were destroying their lives.  That goes to over 2 dozen people over all, that I taught, helped out, and trained with methods from Ki techniques that they could use effectively.  And honestly, I was helping one of those three with problems over his parents drug abuse, and his own inclination to do drugs as well, while teaching him enough so he'd be able to keep himself from focusing on the drugs, their rampant availability, and his own issues with wanting to smoke Pot all the time.  Another was suicidal, and to this day, has stronger than average suicidal depression, but has gone on to cope with it enough that they don't actively want to die anymore... which, 8 years ago when I met them, was so far away from the realm of possibility, that I can't tell you how many times I helped calm them down so they wouldn't take their own life.  Over 100 different times, at the very minimum.

As for "Fake internet substitute", did you even bother to work out the flaws?  Did you go, sit down, write out where the Radki was flawed, and where it worked, then tried to go over it like I did, until you could get something, anything to work out of it, noticing what would be best, and what gave no results at all, for person after person?

Or did you just denounce it as BS, and go on to teach the traditional methods?

I'm only on here because I'm sick and tired of people not seeing the way Radki CAN be used to be self transforming, and insist it's bunk.  Until recently, I didn't even care, until my gut said that I should write what I've learned for others in a better format.  And so I've been settling down, writing what I could, in an attempt to rewrite Radki to be something for others to understand, with what I DID learn rather than the bullshit "Reaching for instant power" most others did back then.  I've discovered a lot about the subject that lead me to it transforming my life, in ways that nothing else, not Traditional Chi, not Qi Gong, or anything else could have, because I kept my mind open and experimented, and studied, and let it teach me even as I studied how it worked for me.

Finally... Koujiryuu?  Look, we might have gotten on the wrong foot here.  But at the same time, let me be blunt.  I'm one of the sorts that goes by "Live and let live".  You don't start a flame war, and I won't continue fire in a flame war.  There's no way on earth, in any way shape or form, you're going to convince me that I'm wrong.  Nothing you say, nothing you do will convince me to give it up.  I'm going to be blunt about that.

But if you want to ask me questions rather than insisting that I'm going to instantly be wrong, I'll be happy to talk things over with you.  Ok?  I'm not going to say "I won't listen", but I've seen too much stuff with the methods I've developed while feeling what my Ki worked best with doing and seemed to guide me to do, to ever give up on that method and go to the traditional format.  Does that make sense?  I don't plan on writing a Radki guide, like I did before.  It wasn't the best, though it covered things that I couldn't explain very well in any other fashion.  However, it explained things well for beginners and people that I could teach more into the concepts of what they were trying to study.

Instead, I hope to rewrite the entirety of Radki, so instead of being about getting instant power, it's about self exploration and self advancement, like it should have been in the first place.

May 30, 2013, 06:30:22 PM
Reply #160

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Just to jump in here a little:

Quote from: Koujiryuu
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid."

4000 years of Chinese history doesn't mean that anything outside of that history doesn't exist. His techniques may not be superior, or may not even work, but he's stating that he's been using a technique that he described as quite similar to official visualization and energy moving techniques from more respectable sources. And he's got the results he wants. Whether the results are from the technique? *shrug* The only way to know is if his eye sight starts getting worse, or if he stops doing the techniques and his eye sight doesn't change.

Quote from: RanmaBushiko
It's not USELESS at all, it's just that the techniques have needed to be drastically refined.
If you're no longer using the techniques from Radki because they needed to be "drastically refined", then you're not really defending radki as not being useless ;)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 30, 2013, 07:09:31 PM
Reply #161

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
The approach needed working on it, I'll agree.  Ki can't exist very far outside of the human body, without going heavily into psionics to keep it relatively stable for a few feet.  I don't disagree at all with that fact.  What I DO disagree with is the fact that it can't be utilized to manipulate Ki at all.  The problems that I saw with Radki is that people like you, instead of working to better it, decided that it was crap and not useful at all.

Qi can and does exist outside the human body. However, traditional Qigong focuses on Qi in the human body (Ren Qi)

The Qi outside the body exists and can be manipulated. In Psionics this is the conceptual domain and the energy plane.

It is very possible to affect the Qi of the environment around you through Qigong.

Quoting from my Qigong study group:

In traditional Chinese medicine and Qigong, the human body is thought to have many types of Qi. Some of these are:
Congenital Qi
        Inherited from our parents
        Gathered and formed at conception
        Stored in the Kidneys (testicles/ovaries)
        Determines basic constitution, strength and vitality
        Essential to growth and development
        Can be conserved but not replenished
        Composite of:
        Jing (Essence)
        Yuan (Original Qi)
    Acquired Qi
        Post Natal Qi
        Can be stored and replenished
        Composite of:
        Gu Qi (Essence of Food and Grain Qi)
        Kong Qi (Air Qi)
        Zong Qi (Gathering Qi)
        Zhen Qi (True Qi) - Composite of Ying Qi (Nutritive Qi) & Wei Qi (Defensive Qi)

So as you see, the Chinese have many different types of Qi. Furthermore, Qi is used in conjunction with other symbols to represent many types of energy. Not all of these types of energy are metaphysical or linked to the human body. For example, electricity is called Dian Qi. Tian Qi refers to "Heaven Qi" and can mean a thunderstorm or cloudy skies. A generic term for human Qi is Ren Qi. This is further divided into the terms above in Traditional Chinese medicine. In fact, there are many more than are presented above.

Qi in the general sense just means energy. It's when it's applied to the human body that it begins to get more interesting, and people start to disagree.

Quote from: Ranma Bushiko
I've written a small manual I spread about to those that studied under me, myself, so I can see exactly where you came from.  I haven't had as many people studying under me, but over two dozen at my peak is a pretty good number, don't you think?  As for Radki, it indeed DID become what you're describing.  But if you had ever asked, instead of assuming that I follow that method, you'd learn that I studied it for self transformation and the persuit of knowledge, rather than just "Rar!  I have POWER!".  But you never have, and you instantly went on the offensive over it.  It's not USELESS at all, it's just that the techniques have needed to be drastically refined.

Good for you. However, it would be more apt to describe radki, and what you do as Psionics. The original Radki was basically bad Psionics that focused too much on visualization and imagination. MisteryShadow (Which is how his name was properly spelled- Carey Martell) even admitted when asked that he basically took Skywind's techniques, added some basic breath techniques and meditations from his Tae Kwon Do class, and the result was his "Ki manual". Unfortunately, Radki lacks the fundamentals of traditional Qigong as taught in Martial Arts and Daoist Alchemy. It lacks ideas about the meridians, the three treasures, Yi and intention, the three Dantian, acupoints, herbology, emptiness and Daoism. So, it can't even be called Qigong. It is close to Daoist sorcery and kataphatic "filling" practices- forcing Qi into parts of the body with the will, which causes energy stagnation and blockages, delusion, Qigong Disease (seriously read this) and many other problems. The goal of Qigong is to balance Yin and Yang, and Qi, Jing and Shen, and unify the Body, Mind and Spirit. Radki, when practiced by most people, does none of these things.

Unfortunately, Radki cannot be called Psionics either. It lacks ideas about The True Nature of Psi and it lacks the concepts found in How NOT to Practice Psi. As a result, it is a poor method of Psionics because it focuses on Tactile Feedback, the use of hands, overactive imagination, visualization without proper method and accounting for analytical overlay, and many other things.

While you were dealing with Radki sites, I was dealing with the DBZer croud in a similar manner, pointing out the flaws in their arguments, pointing out things that they were screwing up with while trying to "ascend to a Super Saiya-jin", and generally trolling the bulk of the morons in charge, so I can't disagree with you on some of the sites being BS.  Heck, I'll say it right now.  Most Radki sites after Mystery Shadow's and the initial New Mystics, was full of crap.  

DBZers WERE Radki sites for a time and we reformed all of them. The biggest one was The Follower's Society and "Super Saiyajin Reklaw".

I don't remember seeing you on that site debating their methods with me, Kendamu (Niio Gokuu), TheMistDragon, and The Mad Daoist. Many years ago I called myself Hiryuu, and I posted on Mistery's boards, and I do recall a certain fluffy Ranma poster there. I changed my name to Koujiryuu after TheMistDragon and TheMadDaoist steered me towards traditional Qigong and I got a copy of "Scholar-Warrior" by Deng Dao Ming and began practicing the methods in the book. In contrast to Radki, with the methods in that book I found immediate, positive spiritual results, and I never looked back. None of it involved visualization or "energy attacks".

nstead of going along with the crap, I procedurally documented techniques that seemed to work, experimented with them, taught people that I mentored in Ki at the time, and worked out the scientific method of "Does this work?  If so, what seems to work most about it?  What's the least?".  One such student killed his pet Hamster while experimenting with Ki, by accident, and was able to effectively exhaust people with his techniques, while another noted that his techniques seemed to "guide" flame as he did so, much like Pyrokinesis.

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between lies and reality. The solid fact, is that many if not all of the people on the old Radki sites were lying about their results. Nobody ever had their hair stand up on end and turn yellow. Nobody killed anybodies' pet hamster. Aaron (who I remember) never started shooting blood out of his body after practicing RyuKakarot's stupid Kaioken technique (which was just filling the body with Ki and compressing it into the Dantian and then filling more Ki and compressing it- which again, is not proper use of the Dantian, is a filling method, and will lead to Qi blockage and stagnation). Cade Maikeru never learned how to fly. All this stuff was lies made up by kids to try and impress their peers and get attention on some dumb websites. If you really believe any of this stuff, almost 15 years after those sites were active, you are pretty much deserving of pity. I was there for the whole thing, I saw it all, I remember it all. And I learned in the process that people are liars, are delusional, and that they certainly weren't practicing real Qigong.

By 3 people, I mean people that would have killed themselves if I hadn't stepped in, Koujiryuu.  Not simply people that I simply mentored, but they actively were destroying their lives.  That goes to over 2 dozen people over all, that I taught, helped out, and trained with methods from Ki techniques that they could use effectively.  And honestly, I was helping one of those three with problems over his parents drug abuse, and his own inclination to do drugs as well, while teaching him enough so he'd be able to keep himself from focusing on the drugs, their rampant availability, and his own issues with wanting to smoke Pot all the time.  Another was suicidal, and to this day, has stronger than average suicidal depression, but has gone on to cope with it enough that they don't actively want to die anymore... which, 8 years ago when I met them, was so far away from the realm of possibility, that I can't tell you how many times I helped calm them down so they wouldn't take their own life.  Over 100 different times, at the very minimum.

What do you want, a medal? A cookie? Am I supposed to be impressed by this? It isn't a competition. I don't really care. Sounds like you're more of a therapist than an internal stylist.

As for "Fake internet substitute", did you even bother to work out the flaws?  Did you go, sit down, write out where the Radki was flawed, and where it worked, then tried to go over it like I did, until you could get something, anything to work out of it, noticing what would be best, and what gave no results at all, for person after person?

YES. See above. I made a good explanation of why Radki methods are bad- Qigong disease, inducing Qi blockages, going against the flow, and so on. Of course I worked it out as being useless (or if not useless, than at least very misguided and bad Psionics) before abandoning it. The first clue was that the Ki shield didn't really work as advertised and block attacks from other people trying to hit me. The second clue was that no matter how many times I tried ki blasting objects, or people, it never worked. The third, was that the more I read into Daoism and traditional methods, the more I realized it was deeply spiritual and had wisdom, and none of the things I read online talked about wisdom (they all talked about power and hurting each other). It was immediately obvious to anyone with rational, logical reasoning that Radki was 1) made up 2) inferior to traditional practices and 3) potentially dangerous compared to traditional Qigong.

I'm only on here because I'm sick and tired of people not seeing the way Radki CAN be used to be self transforming, and insist it's bunk.  Until recently, I didn't even care, until my gut said that I should write what I've learned for others in a better format.  And so I've been settling down, writing what I could, in an attempt to rewrite Radki to be something for others to understand, with what I DID learn rather than the bullshit "Reaching for instant power" most others did back then.  I've discovered a lot about the subject that lead me to it transforming my life, in ways that nothing else, not Traditional Chi, not Qi Gong, or anything else could have, because I kept my mind open and experimented, and studied, and let it teach me even as I studied how it worked for me.

Finally... Koujiryuu?  Look, we might have gotten on the wrong foot here.  But at the same time, let me be blunt.  I'm one of the sorts that goes by "Live and let live".  You don't start a flame war, and I won't continue fire in a flame war.  There's no way on earth, in any way shape or form, you're going to convince me that I'm wrong.  Nothing you say, nothing you do will convince me to give it up.  I'm going to be blunt about that.

But if you want to ask me questions rather than insisting that I'm going to instantly be wrong, I'll be happy to talk things over with you.  Ok?  I'm not going to say "I won't listen", but I've seen too much stuff with the methods I've developed while feeling what my Ki worked best with doing and seemed to guide me to do, to ever give up on that method and go to the traditional format.  Does that make sense?  I don't plan on writing a Radki guide, like I did before.  It wasn't the best, though it covered things that I couldn't explain very well in any other fashion.  However, it explained things well for beginners and people that I could teach more into the concepts of what they were trying to study.

Instead, I hope to rewrite the entirety of Radki, so instead of being about getting instant power, it's about self exploration and self advancement, like it should have been in the first place.

Look. I really don't give a shit what you practice or what you believe. I tend to believe that with the technique you presented about gathering Qi in the eyes, that you have possibly induced Qi blockages in the head meridians and dispersal of Shen, that you have Qigong Disease, and that you should probably see an acupuncturist to get it straightened out, because it's intensifying your delusions of grandeur. You might not like the last sentence, but at least I'm being honest with you.

Live and let live is fine. I am not going to try and make you stop your methods, and if you really have been practicing all this time (and especially, meditating) then I would think you probably have at least SOME embodiment of Dao, and some spiritual wisdom. Do what you do, fuck the rest. However, I will not stand by and accept you trying to teach Radki methods to others on this site. I will pick apart the presented techniques rationally, step by step, to expose them as being fraudulent and potentially dangerous if you post them. I am not the only one who will do this, because Veritas is an open forum, I have many supporters, and there are many more people who prefer traditional methods to Radki. So, I suggest you take it elsewhere, because I can almost guarantee there is next to no one in the Body Energy Arts forums who is going to agree with your methods.

If you can come up with a Psionic approach to your methods (after all, Radki started as Psi- Mistery admitted this), that involves the principles of breath control, proper intention, the true nature of Psi, and keeps in mind the shortcomings of visualization, tactile feedback, working with hands, and bad Psionic practice... well good for you. Post it.

You should also keep in mind there have been many attempts at this already:

http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/manji/page37.html   (this one is actually good)
http://misterjester.tripod.com/misterjester/id1.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ult/debiruman/tart1.htm (this one is pretty bad- keep in mind my articles teach what Jing really is and how to harnass it through Zhan Zhuang, and eventually use it with true Fa Jing, or explosive force, the one inch punch)
http://goku59.webs.com/howtobecomeazfighter.htm (What a joke... DBZ hasn't been cool for 15 years)
And of course Mistery's Ki Manual. I spoke to Mistery (Carey) many times. After he came back from the Army in 2004 after being on hiatus from his site, he made some "Chongun Warrior" Ki manuals that he charged $100 a piece for. They were basically his same old Ki manual with a bunch of Korean terms from his Tae Kwon Do class. Numerous people ordered these and never received one so we don't know what's in them. However, it is likely that it's just more stuff he made up. So let it be known, in the end, Mistery turned out to just be another conman trying to sucker people out of money. We argued against his methods, and he made new forums and a new website, and eventually shut them down because he couldn't handle that we were all dissecting and refuting his new material using our basis in traditional Qigong training.

If you would actually look through and read my articles- which all contain methods I got from various other Qigong stylists, the books of Dr Yang Jwing-Ming and Deng Ming Dao (both authorities on the subject)... you'd probably find that not only are my methods authentic but also that there's no reason for you to try and make such a "manual"..

The truly unfortunate thing is that people like you make more work for people like me. Because then when they come to Veritas and start posting all kinds of crazy ideas they have about Radki, we have to correct them and straighten them out. For example, threads like this.

Please. If you want to practice these methods on your own, fine. They are not really Radki though, because ultimately Radki doesn't exist. It is not a proper esoteric method. It has been refuted time and again over the years. It has more in common with bad Psionics practice than anything. Just do me a favor- don't screw up other people with your methods and ideas.

Here's all the proof you need radki doesn't work: The Radki Challenge.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:39:48 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles

May 30, 2013, 08:27:36 PM
Reply #162

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
The approach needed working on it, I'll agree.  Ki can't exist very far outside of the human body, without going heavily into psionics to keep it relatively stable for a few feet.  I don't disagree at all with that fact.  What I DO disagree with is the fact that it can't be utilized to manipulate Ki at all.  The problems that I saw with Radki is that people like you, instead of working to better it, decided that it was crap and not useful at all.

Qi can and does exist outside the human body. However, traditional Qigong focuses on Qi in the human body (Ren Qi)

The Qi outside the body exists and can be manipulated. In Psionics this is the conceptual domain and the energy plane.

It is very possible to affect the Qi of the environment around you through Qigong.

Quoting from my Qigong study group:

In traditional Chinese medicine and Qigong, the human body is thought to have many types of Qi. Some of these are:
Congenital Qi
        Inherited from our parents
        Gathered and formed at conception
        Stored in the Kidneys (testicles/ovaries)
        Determines basic constitution, strength and vitality
        Essential to growth and development
        Can be conserved but not replenished
        Composite of:
        Jing (Essence)
        Yuan (Original Qi)
    Acquired Qi
        Post Natal Qi
        Can be stored and replenished
        Composite of:
        Gu Qi (Essence of Food and Grain Qi)
        Kong Qi (Air Qi)
        Zong Qi (Gathering Qi)
        Zhen Qi (True Qi) - Composite of Ying Qi (Nutritive Qi) & Wei Qi (Defensive Qi)

So as you see, the Chinese have many different types of Qi. Furthermore, Qi is used in conjunction with other symbols to represent many types of energy. Not all of these types of energy are metaphysical or linked to the human body. For example, electricity is called Dian Qi. Tian Qi refers to "Heaven Qi" and can mean a thunderstorm or cloudy skies. A generic term for human Qi is Ren Qi. This is further divided into the terms above in Traditional Chinese medicine. In fact, there are many more than are presented above.

Qi in the general sense just means energy. It's when it's applied to the human body that it begins to get more interesting, and people start to disagree.

Ok.  What I mean, it's nigh-impossible to manipulate a few feet out of your body for Dan Qi, or whatever term you wish to call it, unless you're insanely good with psionics, and only then.

Quote from: Ranma Bushiko
I've written a small manual I spread about to those that studied under me, myself, so I can see exactly where you came from.  I haven't had as many people studying under me, but over two dozen at my peak is a pretty good number, don't you think?  As for Radki, it indeed DID become what you're describing.  But if you had ever asked, instead of assuming that I follow that method, you'd learn that I studied it for self transformation and the persuit of knowledge, rather than just "Rar!  I have POWER!".  But you never have, and you instantly went on the offensive over it.  It's not USELESS at all, it's just that the techniques have needed to be drastically refined.

Good for you. However, it would be more apt to describe radki, and what you do as Psionics. The original Radki was basically bad Psionics that focused too much on visualization and imagination. MisteryShadow (Which is how his name was properly spelled- Carey Martell) even admitted when asked that he basically took Skywind's techniques, added some basic breath techniques and meditations from his Tae Kwon Do class, and the result was his "Ki manual". Unfortunately, Radki lacks the fundamentals of traditional Qigong as taught in Martial Arts and Daoist Alchemy. It lacks ideas about the meridians, the three treasures, Yi and intention, the three Dantian, acupoints, herbology, emptiness and Daoism. So, it can't even be called Qigong. It is close to Daoist sorcery and kataphatic "filling" practices- forcing Qi into parts of the body with the will, which causes energy stagnation and blockages, delusion, Qigong Disease (seriously read this) and many other problems. The goal of Qigong is to balance Yin and Yang, and Qi, Jing and Shen, and unify the Body, Mind and Spirit. Radki, when practiced by most people, does none of these things.

Unfortunately, Radki cannot be called Psionics either. It lacks ideas about The True Nature of Psi and it lacks the concepts found in How NOT to Practice Psi. As a result, it is a poor method of Psionics because it focuses on Tactile Feedback, the use of hands, overactive imagination, visualization without proper method and accounting for analytical overlay, and many other things.

While you were dealing with Radki sites, I was dealing with the DBZer croud in a similar manner, pointing out the flaws in their arguments, pointing out things that they were screwing up with while trying to "ascend to a Super Saiya-jin", and generally trolling the bulk of the morons in charge, so I can't disagree with you on some of the sites being BS.  Heck, I'll say it right now.  Most Radki sites after Mystery Shadow's and the initial New Mystics, was full of crap. 

DBZers WERE Radki sites for a time and we reformed all of them. The biggest one was The Follower's Society and "Super Saiyajin Reklaw".

I don't remember seeing you on that site debating their methods with me, Kendamu (Niio Gokuu), TheMistDragon, and The Mad Daoist. Many years ago I called myself Hiryuu, and I posted on Mistery's boards, and I do recall a certain fluffy Ranma poster there. I changed my name to Koujiryuu after TheMistDragon and TheMadDaoist steered me towards traditional Qigong and I got a copy of "Scholar-Warrior" by Deng Dao Ming and began practicing the methods in the book. In contrast to Radki, with the methods in that book I found immediate, positive spiritual results, and I never looked back. None of it involved visualization or "energy attacks".

Yeah, I still remember Kendamu, as a poster poster, and I still remember you quite well from back then.  Yes, I'm still that same Ranma poster from ye old times, and Kendamu can still back me up if he wishes that we know each other, though I haven't seen him on msn (now skype) for years now.  It was... 2008?  2009?  Before we drifted out of contact with each other.

As for the Dbzers, you missed Koga and Cephas' little war between each other as self proclaimed Saiyan 'Kings' between 2006 and 2007 or so.  Trolling both groups into thinking fanart of Vegeta had the Royal Crown's emblem on it was fun, especially when they opened up new websites using that image specifically to show that they were the "True Saiyan Royalty of Earth".  Also, I remember both sites, and an asshole on the Follower's Society that claimed he lost half his brain's ability to comprehend math because of a deal gone wrong on the astral.  It's why I stopped really paying attention to sites like Veritas except for to glance over them, and quit posting on most boards all together because of that moron being so deluded.

The reason why I turned to the DBZers in the first place and even associated with them, was having a student, named Ian, lose it in a pool, and suddenly having yellow streaks of hair on his head.  His family verified he hadn't died his hair any time in the past, and he hadn't had any in the first place.  Suddenly staring at a blonde hair on an Asian 16 year old that wasn't there 5 minutes before really makes you wonder what the heck he pulled off.  I still have no reasonable explanation for that.  If you can come up with one, I'll be glad, because I have none whatsoever.  Asian kids with black hair don't spontaniously get blonde hairs in his head in the middle of a pool.  It's common sense, after all.

Instead of going along with the crap, I procedurally documented techniques that seemed to work, experimented with them, taught people that I mentored in Ki at the time, and worked out the scientific method of "Does this work?  If so, what seems to work most about it?  What's the least?".  One such student killed his pet Hamster while experimenting with Ki, by accident, and was able to effectively exhaust people with his techniques, while another noted that his techniques seemed to "guide" flame as he did so, much like Pyrokinesis.

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between lies and reality. The solid fact, is that many if not all of the people on the old Radki sites were lying about their results. Nobody ever had their hair stand up on end and turn yellow. Nobody killed anybodies' pet hamster. Aaron (who I remember) never started shooting blood out of his body after practicing RyuKakarot's stupid Kaioken technique (which was just filling the body with Ki and compressing it into the Dantian and then filling more Ki and compressing it- which again, is not proper use of the Dantian, is a filling method, and will lead to Qi blockage and stagnation). Cade Maikeru never learned how to fly. All this stuff was lies made up by kids to try and impress their peers and get attention on some dumb websites. If you really believe any of this stuff, almost 15 years after those sites were active, you are pretty much deserving of pity. I was there for the whole thing, I saw it all, I remember it all. And I learned in the process that people are liars, are delusional, and that they certainly weren't practicing real Qigong. 

I was SITTING in the house of my student as he killed it.  And he ran to me, telling me that it died as he was practicing on it, and he "didn't mean to kill it".  No offense, but seriously?  Tone it down a bit.  And like I care if you want to claim that I'm deserving of pity?  I don't care, as I said before.  Have a dead hamster in your hands, and tell yourself it's not dead doesn't change the fact that the poor guy's favorite pet was dead.

By 3 people, I mean people that would have killed themselves if I hadn't stepped in, Koujiryuu.  Not simply people that I simply mentored, but they actively were destroying their lives.  That goes to over 2 dozen people over all, that I taught, helped out, and trained with methods from Ki techniques that they could use effectively.  And honestly, I was helping one of those three with problems over his parents drug abuse, and his own inclination to do drugs as well, while teaching him enough so he'd be able to keep himself from focusing on the drugs, their rampant availability, and his own issues with wanting to smoke Pot all the time.  Another was suicidal, and to this day, has stronger than average suicidal depression, but has gone on to cope with it enough that they don't actively want to die anymore... which, 8 years ago when I met them, was so far away from the realm of possibility, that I can't tell you how many times I helped calm them down so they wouldn't take their own life.  Over 100 different times, at the very minimum.

What do you want, a medal? A cookie? Am I supposed to be impressed by this? It isn't a competition. I don't really care. Sounds like you're more of a therapist than an internal stylist.

If you help other people in the process of practicing and teaching, what does it make you?  You seemed to think they didn't exist, and I was telling you about them.  That's all.

As for "Fake internet substitute", did you even bother to work out the flaws?  Did you go, sit down, write out where the Radki was flawed, and where it worked, then tried to go over it like I did, until you could get something, anything to work out of it, noticing what would be best, and what gave no results at all, for person after person?

YES. See above. I made a good explanation of why Radki methods are bad- Qigong disease, inducing Qi blockages, going against the flow, and so on. Of course I worked it out as being useless (or if not useless, than at least very misguided and bad Psionics) before abandoning it. The first clue was that the Ki shield didn't really work as advertised and block attacks from other people trying to hit me. The second clue was that no matter how many times I tried ki blasting objects, or people, it never worked. The third, was that the more I read into Daoism and traditional methods, the more I realized it was deeply spiritual and had wisdom, and none of the things I read online talked about wisdom (they all talked about power and hurting each other). It was immediately obvious to anyone with rational, logical reasoning that Radki was 1) made up 2) inferior to traditional practices and 3) potentially dangerous compared to traditional Qigong.

I discovered all this stuff myself.  Radki has flaws with the projection methods.  Under 3 feet works just fine, but not very well, unless you're insanely good with psi constructs.  Never said otherwise.  It's why I talk about rewriting it, and why I studied how it flowed for a good 8 years before returning to projection methods after people noticed problems with it.

I'm only on here because I'm sick and tired of people not seeing the way Radki CAN be used to be self transforming, and insist it's bunk.  Until recently, I didn't even care, until my gut said that I should write what I've learned for others in a better format.  And so I've been settling down, writing what I could, in an attempt to rewrite Radki to be something for others to understand, with what I DID learn rather than the bullshit "Reaching for instant power" most others did back then.  I've discovered a lot about the subject that lead me to it transforming my life, in ways that nothing else, not Traditional Chi, not Qi Gong, or anything else could have, because I kept my mind open and experimented, and studied, and let it teach me even as I studied how it worked for me.

Finally... Koujiryuu?  Look, we might have gotten on the wrong foot here.  But at the same time, let me be blunt.  I'm one of the sorts that goes by "Live and let live".  You don't start a flame war, and I won't continue fire in a flame war.  There's no way on earth, in any way shape or form, you're going to convince me that I'm wrong.  Nothing you say, nothing you do will convince me to give it up.  I'm going to be blunt about that.

But if you want to ask me questions rather than insisting that I'm going to instantly be wrong, I'll be happy to talk things over with you.  Ok?  I'm not going to say "I won't listen", but I've seen too much stuff with the methods I've developed while feeling what my Ki worked best with doing and seemed to guide me to do, to ever give up on that method and go to the traditional format.  Does that make sense?  I don't plan on writing a Radki guide, like I did before.  It wasn't the best, though it covered things that I couldn't explain very well in any other fashion.  However, it explained things well for beginners and people that I could teach more into the concepts of what they were trying to study.

Look. I really don't give a shit what you practice or what you believe. I tend to believe that with the technique you presented about gathering Qi in the eyes, that you have possibly induced Qi blockages in the head meridians and dispersal of Shen, that you have Qigong Disease, and that you should probably see an acupuncturist to get it straightened out, because it's intensifying your delusions of grandeur. You might not like the last sentence, but at least I'm being honest with you.

Live and let live is fine. I am not going to try and make you stop your methods, and if you really have been practicing all this time (and especially, meditating) then I would think you probably have at least SOME embodiment of Dao, and some spiritual wisdom. Do what you do, fuck the rest. However, I will not stand by and accept you trying to teach Radki methods to others on this site. I will pick apart the presented techniques rationally, step by step, to expose them as being fraudulent and potentially dangerous if you post them. I am not the only one who will do this, because Veritas is an open forum, I have many supporters, and there are many more people who prefer traditional methods to Radki. So, I suggest you take it elsewhere, because I can almost guarantee there is next to no one in the Body Energy Arts forums who is going to agree with your methods.

If you can come up with a Psionic approach to your methods (after all, Radki started as Psi- Mistery admitted this), that involves the principles of breath control, proper intention, the true nature of Psi, and keeps in mind the shortcomings of visualization, tactile feedback, working with hands, and bad Psionic practice... well good for you. Post it.

Induced Qi blockages?  Grandeur?  *sighs*  Whatever you want to believe, man.  Whatever you want to believe.  It's obvious you want to pick a fight just to pick a fight, after all.  I'm trying to not have an argument here.  Facts aren't grandeur, they're simple facts from where I stand.  I simply hope to help others see the things I've managed to barely attain, and hope others can follow in my footsteps and learn more.

I plan to write up some articles for people here, but seriously, could you tone it down?  I've learned a lot that I WANT to give out, like the reasons why people always had problems with the same individual techniques, and had to reinvent it for themselves, all the time.  Do you recall that problem, noted on The New Mystics, on MysteryShadow's forum, and other sites, too?

Here's all the proof you need radki doesn't work: The Radki Challenge.

Been there, seen that.  It's why I continued working on the fundamentals instead of working on projection methods, for years and years and years, meditating and trying to understand what's going right, and what's going wrong.  Still brings me a chuckle, though, even now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:32:22 PM by RanmaBushiko »

May 30, 2013, 08:52:32 PM
Reply #163

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Ok.  What I mean, it's nigh-impossible to manipulate a few feet out of your body for Dan Qi, or whatever term you wish to call it, unless you're insanely good with psionics, and only then.

Qigong, Psionics and Magick all use the same basic principles. It doesn't matter what you label it. It is quite easy to manipulate energy outside of the body but the applications are different. Within Daoist Alchemy we have a paradigm for the building of an energy body, strengthening Qi in the meridians, balancing Yin and Yang, and returning Jing, Qi and Shen to nothingness. With Psionics we have methods of making constructs, future selection, and other ways of influencing energy in the environment. Just because I do Qigong doesn't mean I don't do other things as well. Manipulating the energy outside the body is easy for me, and I have done tests to verify my results.

Yeah, I still remember Kendamu, as a poster poster, and I still remember you quite well from back then.  Yes, I'm still that same Ranma poster from ye old times, and Kendamu can still back me up if he wishes that we know each other, though I haven't seen him on msn (now skype) for years now.  It was... 2008?  2009?  Before we drifted out of contact with each other.

As for the Dbzers, you missed Koga and Cephas' little war between each other as self proclaimed Saiyan 'Kings' between 2006 and 2007 or so.  Trolling both groups into thinking fanart of Vegeta had the Royal Crown's emblem on it was fun, especially when they opened up new websites using that image specifically to show that they were the "True Saiyan Royalty of Earth".  Also, I remember both sites, and an asshole on the Follower's Society that claimed he lost half his brain's ability to comprehend math because of a deal gone wrong on the astral.  It's why I stopped really paying attention to sites like Veritas except for to glance over them, and quit posting on most boards all together because of that moron being so deluded.

The reason why I turned to the DBZers in the first place and even associated with them, was having a student, named Ian, lose it in a pool, and suddenly having yellow streaks of hair on his head.  His family verified he hadn't died his hair any time in the past, and he hadn't had any in the first place.  Suddenly staring at a blonde hair on an Asian 16 year old that wasn't there 5 minutes before really makes you wonder what the heck he pulled off.  I still have no reasonable explanation for that.  If you can come up with one, I'll be glad, because I have none whatsoever.  Asian kids with black hair don't spontaniously get blonde hairs in his head in the middle of a pool.  It's common sense, after all.

I don't really care about all the DBZ stuff.

Well if anything at least we can reminisce. Cool that you can remember those old forums, and me. However, I'm telling you- I have seriously studied Daoism and all forms of Qigong since back then. I've read over a hundred books on Daoism and Qigong, including all the Daoist classic treatises on Qigong. I have spent many, many, many hours reading, and many more hours practicing traditional Qigong forms and meditation. You really don't understand just how much time I've invested in all this (though it should be somewhat apparent from my articles). I don't just make things up as I go along, and I don't just take techniques from books and post them online, either. The practices and theories in Radki are oftentimes in direct conflict with traditional Qigong and Chinese philosophy. To even compare the two like they are actual separate schools is ludicrious. Traditional Qigong has thousands of years of development in China and is a product of their culture. It is totally disrespectful to Chinese culture and the true Wisdom of the Daoists to compare Radki to traditional methods. Radki is essentially poor Psionics with a lot of fantasy thrown in.

Regarding the whole DBZ thing: pics or it didn't happen. You honestly expect me to believe that? Same reason I didn't believe it when Reklaw and RyuKakarot claimed it happened to them. It was no different in 1999 than it is now. It's a lie. It's also not physically possible or probable.

I was SITTING in the house of my student as he killed it.  And he ran to me, telling me that it died as he was practicing on it, and he "didn't mean to kill it".  No offense, but seriously?  Tone it down a bit.  And like I care if you want to claim that I'm deserving of pity?  I don't care, as I said before.  Have a dead hamster in your hands, and tell yourself it's not dead doesn't change the fact that the poor guy's favorite pet was dead.

Ever think that he killed it by squeezing it too hard, or that it died from the anxiety of being held and possibly had a heart attack? I picked up one of our pet birds in my hand once and it's head rolled back and it died in my hand. I still feel really bad about it. I think it had a heart attack from the anxiety of being held. This was before I did any spirituality. If anything, this should show the level of maturity and wisdom you both possess: a small animal that is easily frightened is not a toy for your "ki games". This is nothing more than an example of animal cruelty.

Induced Qi blockages?  Grandeur?  *sighs*  Whatever you want to believe, man.  Whatever you want to believe.  It's obvious you want to pick a fight just to pick a fight, after all.  I'm trying to not have an argument here.  Facts aren't grandeur, they're simple facts from where I stand.  I simply hope to help others see the things I've managed to barely attain, and hope others can follow in my footsteps and learn more.

I plan to write up some articles for people here, but seriously, could you tone it down?  I've learned a lot that I WANT to give out, like the reasons why people always had problems with the same individual techniques, and had to reinvent it for themselves, all the time.  Do you recall that problem, noted on The New Mystics, on MysteryShadow's forum, and other sites, too?

I don't want to pick a fight. Keep in mind, you brought this on yourself by making some rather incredulous posts, and then advocating for Radki.

I have taken a harsh stance on Radki ever since I started studying Chinese philosophy, Qigong and Martial Arts... because I truly respect and believe in the power of traditional methods. I don't see Radki as being an appropriate alternative. Neither do others.

If you go and ask kobok, I am very sure he will tell you there is a right way and a wrong way to practice psi. (His "How NOT to practice Psi" article shows this.)

If you hunt down and ask Prophecy if there's a right way and a wrong way to practice Magick, I almost guarantee you he will tell you there are many wrong ways of practicing Magick that are fruitless endeavors, and many deluded Magick practitioners.

In the same vein, Kendamu and myself will tell people beyond a shadow of a doubt: there is a right way and a wrong way to practice Qigong. There are the authentic practices of asian countries that have existed for millennia, and then there's Radki: a bunch of visualization and imagination that at worst doesn't do anything at all because it doesn't follow proper principles of energy work and relies on tactile feedback, and at best, messes up your meridians and Qi flow by inducing too much Qi into the body and can cause Qigong Disease, which like a domino effect naturally feeds more delusions.

My Articles

May 31, 2013, 02:52:36 AM
Reply #164

RanmaBushiko

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Ki Researcher
    • View Profile
First off, for Qigong, etc. following the same principles, I can understand that.  The methods that I learned never worked well for moving ki into the air, and until I invented a method for myself that worked, the only thing that would ever work would be something akin to a 57 layered psi construct to hold Ki in a ball, strong enough for 7 different people to be able to feel by putting their hands through, with a maximum range I could move it, of about 15 feet distance away from me before it would dissipate.

For the weird crap that happened to my student/friend?  I'll try to get pictures, but it's been 7 years, and he moved out of his house twice since then.  I just wanted your opinion on what on earth happened to the guy, because Radki, Traditional Chi, and psionics doesn't seem to explain it at all, nor has anyone else I've asked.

As for my hamster killing student, he was a natural psi vamp.  Still, you could be right.  But he was "gifted" enough that he could make his sister go from normal to exhausted and sleepy in 2 minutes, in the car, with me and him talking the entire time, after she pissed him off pretty bad.

Finally, as for the "Right" and "Wrong" way to practice with your Qi, as you call it... sure, I can believe that for everyone there's a different route in practicing it properly.  My methods aren't yours, after all, and will never be yours.  But what works for one person won't work for another, as we all saw at the beginning of The New Mystics, and MysteryShadow's homepage.  But don't expect me to jump on your Qigong bandwagon when what works for me has worked superior to the other methods I read up on for over 10 years.

I've gone from "Visualization, and long periods of meditation" to "closing my eyes, and thinking about it, to feel it moving through my body as it naturally moves", through years of hard work and training with it, learning how to work with it and let it work with me and be more in tune with me better.  I'm not trying for tactile feedback, the tactile feedback is a side effect of clearing my mind and simply thinking about it, and how it's moving through my body, and my body becoming completely in tune with it as a result, as it flows through my meridians, and my chakras.

As for Qigong disease, I'll keep your point in mind.  But you shouldn't assume that all people that practice Radki has it, either.  One of my former acquaintances sounds like they had a case of it, but she barely practiced as it was, focusing mainly only on the astral plane instead of bettering herself here on the physical.  She eventually insisted she were going to be some sort of Goddess-Messiah or some crap like that, and it took her boyfriend dumping her to snap her slowly back into reality.