Author Topic: I'm new and was suggested to start off with chi  (Read 2588 times)

December 26, 2003, 10:12:34 PM
Read 2588 times

SilentArm

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Hi, on the original site I found beginner techniques called:
-Grounding
-ki ball
-drawing ki
-ki sensing
-ki shield
-attacking with ki
-basic ki blast

How do I prep myself to begin training in chi or do I just try them one at a time.

Any suggestions on how to start in this catagory.
Ask questions.

:fightmonk <---Beto
Favorite Quotes""

"A successful man is on who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that orther throw at him"-newpaper

December 26, 2003, 10:18:44 PM
Reply #1

Sympatico

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I'd say that "Grounding" is the best way to start out. Then, move onto "drawing Ki". Next, make a "Ki ball". Then, "Ki sensing". After that, "attacking with Ki", in the sense that it is incorperated with actual physical contact (punches, kicks, etc.). Next, try a "Ki shield". And finally, a "basic Ki blast".

December 26, 2003, 10:22:10 PM
Reply #2

Quagmire

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
I would first ignore the ki blast. It is what people around here call "fluff". First I would suggest you learn how to relax your body. Being more relaxed will aid in using energy. Personally I like to meditate before I start my energy training since it all goes more easily for me that way.
-Q

December 26, 2003, 10:57:02 PM
Reply #3

Sympatico

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Actually, it's real. But almost useless. Its' just extending your Ki in one hand (or two) a couple of inches from your hands. But over time, I guess it may become better. But not enough to do any damage.

December 26, 2003, 10:59:18 PM
Reply #4

SilentArm

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies and sugggestions
Favorite Quotes""

"A successful man is on who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that orther throw at him"-newpaper

December 26, 2003, 11:07:33 PM
Reply #5

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
the old underground site has alot of pretend stuff on it. http://undergrounddragon.tripod.com/theunderground/index.html

is that the one you are looking at? yeah thats where I started. some of its good and some is not. chi blasts are real, just ask my brother and a few friends. but not like DBZ. I did them at a few inches, and only made them tingle, or lose breath for a second. its not much for "battle" but I guess for a party trick... anyway, yeah start with grounding and then ki balls. then read the articles at http://www.theveritasacademy.net/articles.htm

qigong chapters one through nine I think are good starters and eventually get kinda advanced.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

December 27, 2003, 11:32:26 AM
Reply #6

SilentArm

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Favorite Quotes""

December 27, 2003, 07:06:44 PM
Reply #7

Ninja Kl0wn

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
To begin with, forget everything you've read up to now.  Then post a new question: Can someone direct me to some information about traditional qigong and taoist meditative practices?
That would be the best starting point for you.
Warning:
Posts by this user may be deemed offensive to people who cannot think for themselves!

December 27, 2003, 08:40:08 PM
Reply #8

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Well... if your just starting out be sure to read through DD's qigong articles, hes got some good stuff in there.
Then maybe take a look at this site http://sg.geocities.com/internal_chi/ , its a pretty good tradchi site for beginners (as well as others):elephant:
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members