Author Topic: 10 Limit  (Read 1482 times)

June 25, 2004, 07:09:35 AM
Read 1482 times

tiny

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Dont know if any one has sugested this or ready but GET READ OF THE STUPID 10 CHARICTER(SP) LIMIT ON THE QUICK REPLY PLZ.
i dont have a fear of death i just dont whant to be there when it happens
 :teethy:

who ever ses nuthing is imposible never tryed slaming a revolving door
 :cow:

"we r just a bunch of stoned exentric  wezzing illitrate lardy basterds" bill baley about the uk  
  :elephant:

June 25, 2004, 08:49:06 AM
Reply #1

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• B̮̜̳̲͕ͦ̍͟ͅe̡̋̈́ͬ̐ả̬̹̳̼̫̜̟͂͛ͣû̓͑̚t̀̉҉̤y̌͂

• View Profile
If you dont have more then 10 characters, the sentence isnt really worth posting.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

June 25, 2004, 03:29:26 PM
Reply #2

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
If you don't have coherant and worthwhile sentences it isn't worth posting. The character limit should be higher to stop one sentence answers or questions (except those of a witty nature).
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

June 25, 2004, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #3

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
the limit was put in place because too many children were replying to threads with simple "yes" or "no" or "i agree" or whatnot with no real meat in their posts. it is better for a post to actually give something rather than just be a quick way for someone to agree (which serves no ability to further the spread of information and knowledge).

ideas can be related in simple terms, but mostly we see just stupid answers rather than brilliant ones when kids post short replies.

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

June 27, 2004, 04:13:28 AM
Reply #4

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Generally I've noticed the only real problem with the 10 character limit was in the "3 word game" or whatever. However, everyone always overcame this with random screaming and insulting of the limit at the bottom of the post. So, there isnt that much problem with it. I think the fact that your are complaining about it, tiny, suggests something of the nature of your posts and perhaps of you yourself?
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.