Author Topic: Conjuration  (Read 1870 times)

June 25, 2004, 03:51:35 AM
Read 1870 times

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As of now, i am looking for material on the internet (so dont yell at me to do some searching), but i'm still sorting through fluff. Does anyone have sites, comments, methods, articles, etc. on conjuration (which I assume is the same as envocation)? I'll take a wild guess. I should look into Enochian right?

June 25, 2004, 04:05:18 PM
Reply #1

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Well, most "traditional" European ceremonial stuff out there is "conjuration" (and btw, "envocation" isn't a word- there's invokation and evocation, which mean slightly different bits, though I understand whats meant).  So a decent bit would be to look through ceremonial texts such as the Lesser (and Greater) Key of Solomon, the Goetia, and so on.  Though not, note, the necronomicon.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

June 26, 2004, 01:36:35 AM
Reply #2

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Yeah, sorry i meant evocation. Ok, ill lokk through some of that, but yesterday i was looking at Enochian, and found alot of material on it, but on each site it was part good, part crap, and part who knows what...Anyways, most sources say that it isn't something to screw with, so could some post a BASIC ritual or method that i can adapt to so i dont mess anything up? That, and/or atleast give some GOOD sites for Enochian or any other good magick/conjuration sites?

June 26, 2004, 06:05:16 PM
Reply #3

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
I sorta doubt that, as far as the big-time traditional styles go, one is going to find a practice that DOESN'T say it could destabilize the cosmos- thats standard fare.  I would think it to be hype... although, if ones dealing with angels and demons, one can never tell, so don't trust me there.

Safer-sounding rituals would generally be the more modern ones, as in the Age of Reason we're beginning to notice a mysterious lack of sudden deaths from demons eating people, and feeling more confident about the entire idea.  So, it depends on whether or not you're trying to stick to the old stuff, I suppose.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

June 27, 2004, 03:09:30 AM
Reply #4

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Anyways, most sources say that it isn't something to screw with

By that i meant that it's supposed to be dangerous (the evocation parts, which deal with summoning angels/demons) because supposedly if you dont dispel (banish) it afterwards it COULD mess you up if left too long. Atleast thats what i read.

The only 'safer sounding' rituals i have found are crap like "make someone fall in love with you", or "summon (insert chosen unreal, powerful demon type name) to give you ultimate power". I havent been able to locate too many good magick sites that don't focus solely on direct magick. Thats why i was asking for someone to post a basic ritual format for Enochian magick or some other type of summoning/conjuration magick/ritual. That way i could get an idea of what to do (im not to into ritual magick, but i need it right now) and make my own ritual.

June 27, 2004, 05:23:57 PM
Reply #5

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Yah, 90% of ritual magic is crap- 'cos 90% of everything is crap; theres a name for that, IIRC.  In either case, yah, modern stuff tends to be that way, yah.  I suppose some knowledgeable mage could chime in with a decent suggestion here, though I don't know enough about non-traditional evocation to add much there.

As far as "not leaving them alone" goes, of course, a decently careful ritualist should be okay.  Most rituals package their own banishing phases, which should, in theory, be able to get rid of it well enough.  After that, theres generally the "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram" (or at least I think thats what it was... could have been hexagram?  Such a difficult name to remember) which is generally used to clear up random leftover bits (before and after the ritual), and is a good safety precaution.

Another obvious seeming bit would be to find ways, or develop skills, to detect the presence of a summoned entity.  After an attempt to summon and before an attempt to banish, of course, one should assume that one is there, should for safety purposes, again.  However, it'd be nice for another check.

And one last bit; when doing rituals of that sort, take BIG precautions to avoid being interrupted.  Wait untill parents are asleep, unplug the phone, isolate oneself from pets, and so on.  There would be little more embarrasing than having to explain to ones mom why Beelzebub would eat her if she cleaned up that little drawing on the floor :cow:.  I would consider it to be a decently prudent precaution to have a friend hanging around at a safe distance to handle such concerns.

Aside from that, get advice from someone more knowledgeable than me.  I'm just spouting here, really :cool:.

July 13, 2004, 01:53:56 PM
Reply #6

AMF The White

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    King Asshole
    • View Profile
    • make a dola (under construction)
Quote from: Shadowmagic99
As of now, i am looking for material on the internet (so dont yell at me to do some searching), but i'm still sorting through fluff. Does anyone have sites, comments, methods, articles, etc. on conjuration (which I assume is the same as envocation)? I'll take a wild guess. I should look into Enochian right?

I call conjuration "Orange Magick" and consider it magic tricks and sleight of hand. I consider envocation High Magick.
The key to happiness is breaking ever rule and never getting caught.