Author Topic: teaching your kids psi?  (Read 1841 times)

June 18, 2004, 01:48:06 PM
Read 1841 times

Achilles

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
If I had a kid/s later in life would it be a a good idea to teach them about psi? At an early age, since everyone is talking about kids and psi anyways. How should you tell them? If you do, how should you explain to your wife? Every generation gets smarter, with tech., med., etc., should we teach our kids this stuff? Could they eventually get so good at it, it would start a big deal in the world later? (I was thinking of this by watching X-men)
If you never go into battle, then your name will never be rememberd...
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

June 18, 2004, 03:48:19 PM
Reply #1

TheFlameOfGod

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • MultiPowerMedia
I will be homeschooling mine. (I was homeschooled during High School, but the effects wasn't really that good because I hadn't learned self motivation.) I probably would introduce it to them slowly, and teach it along with the morals of responsibility and discretion. I don't know if it will be a big thing in the world for the future, but it is getting more and more dangerous out there as time goes by. I would want my children to be able to defend themselves with many options open to them. And I would want them to use their abilities responsibly.
Online RPG in progress. . .Click link below for details.

June 18, 2004, 04:00:00 PM
Reply #2

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
if i had kids i would let them know it exists and let them choose if they want to develope it and show them veritas. Then they can pick what they want from there and they'll get all the advice and help they need from the veritas community.

the thought of me having kids is scary though. Immagine little versions of me running around.
*shudders*

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

June 18, 2004, 09:59:43 PM
Reply #3

The-Traveler

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I would...but I would wait until they are mature enough to have an intelligent debate about a controversial subject with me, maybe 15 years old. I know that sounds stupid but I would have to see that my child is old enough to understand complex things and that I could trust him/her. Teaching a child at a really young age might alientate them from others in their school, if it ever got out that is. The whole idea is to understand that this is what most people do not know about and discriminate towards. I myself am 17 years old and I believe that had I been exposed to this maybe 5 years ago I would have told people blindly and the school that I attended at that time, would not have looked nicely upon such a thing (the social groups I mainly).

This has reminded me of something...I wonder if this interest in psi and chi and spirituality will remain with me as I age? What do you think?

June 19, 2004, 08:58:02 AM
Reply #4

Achilles

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
"I wonder if this interest in psi and chi and spirituality will remain with me as I age? What do you think?."

I think it could stay with you, but my  own opinonin (can't spell) as people mature and get older and the people you socialize with, you lose intresting in your bodies energy, maybe peer presure? You begin to think it's childish to puruse all of it, so you just forget it? I think it only happens to those who can't do anything, you know the ones who say they blew up ther couch after two days of meditation and they had no idea how they did it, or they think they went a super natural human form.
If you never go into battle, then your name will never be rememberd...
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

June 19, 2004, 09:52:17 AM
Reply #5

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I've been working with my 10 year old son on various things for the past several years and never pushed him into it, he had a natural curiosity to learn.  We started when my mother and father died and the discussion of spirits, god, angels and other things came up.  From there I worked with him on energy sensitivity and he would experiment and play with my various crystals and when he was sick I would work on healing energy with him.  From there he saw me dowse and wanted to learn to use the pendulum.  My husband, who is a practicing OEC member, and I like to stress responsibility for actions while hes still at a fairly young age.  This gets tricky and we both try to relate it to a metaphor he can understand and apply it to other things.  WHile this is not strictly psi, it goes hand in hand with psi and life in general.  I have thought about him later showing off at school and kids not believing him but I think its important that he believes in himself at this age and if hes validating experiences to himself, he can later tell them "so what?".  He may run into that sort of thing eventually but thats part of learning to cope and deal with problems and it seems that if you aren't being made fun of for one thing, then you are being made fun of for your looks or how you dress or your name, etc.  He's always been very different and I think he's always carried a sense of that with him, knowing he's different as well.  He surprizengly knows himself very well, more then most kids his age I believe.  He knows that hes very essency although that wouldnt be his words for it.  He also knows his strengths and weaknesses and with the aforementioned metaphors, knows that with applying himself, things change with time, experience and practice.  Basically, I don't think I would teach this to all kids and wouldnt push it on anyone period but he decided he was ready by expressing curiosity for what I was doing and watching me.  Each case is individual, why not tell your wife/husband/mate if you can put it in a way they understand and relate to?  I can't imagine not having a husband that understands and relates to this since this is a very big part of who I am and what I do.  It's not something I would feel that I could ever possibly hide, not would I want to.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.