Author Topic: Teleportation  (Read 18325 times)

July 16, 2004, 03:03:04 PM
Reply #75

`Remakai

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
I apologise, meant to put "Human Teleportation".

//Remakai.
Formulating your intent to avoid the negative ends up confirming the negative.

- kobok

July 17, 2004, 07:13:58 AM
Reply #76

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
Teleportation of matter and living matter as well, thats what they are working on.

July 17, 2004, 09:25:52 AM
Reply #77

DreamingSaint

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Proud Member since 2004
    • View Profile
I honestly don't think anyone would be breaking themselves down into molecules to teleport. Why? Well doesn't that mean that all bodily functions would seize and your brain would become useless? And wouldn't that mean that the technique couldn't possibly be completed, leaving you dead?
"Let your instincts take over"

July 17, 2004, 10:25:43 AM
Reply #78

Athiril

• Veritas Furniture

• Reverend Lucious

• View Profile
    • PhotoDan
if it can be done one way it can be done another.
besides, everything that is, is connected to everything else that is, as is dictated by quantum mechanics, there are multitudes of way to "teleport", like "jumping" etc.

July 17, 2004, 11:05:57 AM
Reply #79

Lightbringer

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Spiritual Warrior
    • View Profile
Quote from: DreamingSaint
I honestly don't think anyone would be breaking themselves down into molecules to teleport. Why? Well doesn't that mean that all bodily functions would seize and your brain would become useless? And wouldn't that mean that the technique couldn't possibly be completed, leaving you dead?

Space folding and quantum tunneling don't require the object to be broken up into smaller pieces, just transported as a whole.
The thing that really fascinates me about people is their ability to have no idea what's going on even though it's going on in plain sight all around them and the even more amazing tendency to argue violently when one of these obvious things is presented to them.

July 17, 2004, 09:36:55 PM
Reply #80

Ankh

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    0/\/\|=(+ 73|-| 1337 |\|00|3Z0R
    • View Profile
As I recall in that experiment proving teleportation, scientists were able to destroy a proton and recreate that proton elsewhere. Not teleportation per se but as close as we've ever come. The next step would be testing on matter of various sizes by increasing each variable and seeing what would happen. EVENTUALLY, we would get to living creatures to test the effects of this on the human/animal psyche (it is doubtful that they could get a permit to test on humans without a waver of sorts, much in the way of medicinal testing). However, I do think that teleportation is possible on a grander scale. How has yet to be seen.

~Ankh
This is the world we live in/ And these are the hands we're given/Use them and let's start trying/To make it a place worth living in.
~Land of Confusion, Genesis

"Be what you are and say what you will/ For those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."
~Theodore Giesel (Dr. Seuss)

July 21, 2004, 10:47:20 AM
Reply #81

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Quote from: Remakai
1.  Brotherhood of the Rose(y) Cross probably is the Rosicrucians, as Rosi- can be inferred as latin for rose and -crucian can be inferred to mean cross, as in crux -> cruci (related to english word crucifiction) -> Cross.

They're not the same organization as the Rosicrucians (AMORC) is distinguished by that very title - AMORC - that is integral to their name, Rosicrucians.  Yes there is a connection to the original Brotherhood of the Rosey Cross, of course, but they're not to be recognized as the "same thing".

One of the later chapters gives potted histories of some of the 20th century R+C  [Rosey Cross] groups: AMORC, Fraternitatis Rosae Crucis, Golden Dawn, Lectorium Rosicrucianum, Rosicrucian Fellowship.
-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0877289204/ref=ase_occultopedia/104-4812381-1681538?v=glance&s=books

July 21, 2004, 02:23:13 PM
Reply #82

theinvokerking

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Sorry to cause so much trouble with my last post but I was going from memory at the time and had no way to cheak if my post was accurate.
To set things straight I admit that I was wrong.  :(
Note: "theinvokerking" is a referance to AD&D nothing more.

"Tekeli-li Tekeli-li"

July 22, 2004, 01:48:16 AM
Reply #83

`Remakai

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Thankyou for enlightening me F8te.

//Remakai.
Formulating your intent to avoid the negative ends up confirming the negative.

- kobok