Author Topic: Teleportation  (Read 18974 times)

June 20, 2004, 05:51:02 PM
Reply #30

killthedream

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
well i wouldnt say i actually think you need to know how TO teleport, but id still like to know how its done. not a big fan of not knowing what im doing.
I rule, okay?

Disregard anything I say, there is a 100 percent chance I am talking out of my ass.

Do not expect good grammar.

June 20, 2004, 06:41:12 PM
Reply #31

qigongguy222

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
teleportation can not be done because you would have to move your particles around then put  them back in place at a very quick pace do you know how long it took for your molecules to develop  the way they are a very long time years a matter a fact. plus you would have  to move your mind particles thus  you will not beable to think because your  brain molecules will be no longer intact.thus you could not complete the process. Third  even with moving your molecules with tk speed is still an issue you  cant go from indiana to china in seconds unless you move at the speed of light which you cant because  youve never experienced moving that fast.

fourth still an issue of dense   matter how do you plan to get through walls sure i can move an empty bottle of water but not threw walls you would have to denses the matter into almost like astral matter that cant be done on this plane.

besides this it cant be done by using your mind because you would have to move ur brain particles around thus yopu want beable to think mentally you need that to do pk.

in the astral anything can be done energy and matter are not dense at all its all thought anything you think of in the astral can be done hell i made a whole city dissapear in the astral.

if you wanna travel some where far on this physical we live in astral project to  real time zone astral and go where ever its almost a spitting image of our plane you want beable to physical do anything but enjoy the sites. other wise get some frequent flyer miles

June 20, 2004, 08:16:23 PM
Reply #32

killthedream

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Hm well i understand the first 2 "issues". but the 3rd, the issue of speed, well the thing is, the whole point of having the molecules break down is so they CAN be sent, because if you tried to move that fast as a block of matter, the molecules in the air and such around you wouldnt be able to move out of the way and itd repel your speed. and that also correlates to the 4th issue, itd be similar to sending messages to your tv. your molecules would be soo small they could be sent. think of the part on willy wonka where they transport the kid but he comes out all miniscule on the other side. just imagine you coming out normal sized. while i would necessarily agree that the astral looks just like the physical, i know what your say and i agree with you about its malleability.
I rule, okay?

Disregard anything I say, there is a 100 percent chance I am talking out of my ass.

Do not expect good grammar.

June 21, 2004, 12:45:35 AM
Reply #33

qigongguy222

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i said realtime zone astral not the astral in general

June 21, 2004, 08:18:48 AM
Reply #34

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
either way qigongguy, the rest of us are talking physical teleportation.

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

June 21, 2004, 11:02:46 AM
Reply #35

Eagleon

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Aspiring Crazy Hermit
    • View Profile
    • http://6060631.tripod.com/base.html
Most recent evidence points that wormholes cannot be created or destroyed, so the only way we could use one is if we moved them to our desired location somehow. I'm not saying that's impossible, in fact it's probably easier to do than ripping a hole in the fabric of reality. ;) I just don't know how it can be done.

To "warp" space-time requires immense energies. Gravity seems to be the easiest way to distort space-time, although it is a very weak force. If you could convert electromagnetic energy to gravity through a device, you'd have an instant nobel prize.

To move something instantaniously in conventional physics would require infinate gravity. A black hole would work; if you could traverse "over" the hole, you could go back in time, though you might be ripped apart in the process. ;) You might use something smaller than a black hole, but still at the "threshold", to move at sub-light speeds, but none of this matters, since obviously the solar system isn't being ripped to shreds at the moment, so it can't be the explaination of any events. :D

The way it could happen is a quantum effect. If consciousness can affect the world on a quantum level, as I believe it must if magic or psi can work at all, I could see setting up a reaction that might selectively change the location of matter directly. If you got the feel just right, you might easily be able to do this at no cost in energy besides the normal drain that comes with accessing an unfamiliar part of the brain (or not). The reason why it's different (for those that don't know) from destructive black holes or wormholes is because it's more fundamental. Quanta is the bottom level, where the world is defined completely. You might not be able to alter conventional physics, but you can still ignore parts that you are "in control" of, whether it's through recent developments in technology, or age old practice in spirituality.

This has all got me inspired to experiment. I'm trying aportation.

"I'm not touching you."

Official High-Featherhead of Asciovis Philosophy
Numquam perdito.

June 21, 2004, 11:55:01 AM
Reply #36

PSI987

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Heres a link on a technique called folding it even says its supposed to make the distance between two points shorter Folding. I wonder if this would work?.

June 21, 2004, 11:58:20 AM
Reply #37

HiddenMind

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
What about the theory of the conscieous(sp) altering reality. If you could trick yourself into believing something like teleportation correctly wouldn't you're mind allow your body to defy all physics and do such things as pass through walls in great distances in milliseconds? :confused: i'm not talking anything like matrix or dbz i'm saying breaking down that mental barrior preventing such abilities.
All people know everything, we just need to learn to control what goes through our heads.

June 21, 2004, 12:32:42 PM
Reply #38

PSI987

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
probably and theres already a name for those ability's phasing and time dialation. There are still  limits though, even if you could completely break that mental barrier.

June 21, 2004, 02:15:05 PM
Reply #39

Vecna

• Posts By Osmosis

• Heartless Admin

• Personal Text
    The Silence Between the Void
    • View Profile
If I could just throw a blob of science into the melting pot that is this thread (isn't that a wonderful metaphor!). Physicsits (sp?) have actually achieved teleportation with a handfull of atoms. So if they can do it, we can at least try I suppose; allthough I'd suggest trying to teleport your pen or something before yourself, just in case :D .
Does anyone who can teleport, wish to share their method with us anyway? So we can 'have a go', in a responsible manner of course ;) .

EDIT - If any of you had a look at some of the links mentioned earlier in the thread you'd already know this, but I read them after posting, so hay-ho, there we are.

June 21, 2004, 02:57:27 PM
Reply #40

`Remakai

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
The concept of the speed factor of teleportation is simple if working on the commonly accepted prinicpal that everything is made up of energy, and the fact that other kinds of energy (such as psi) are able to instantly travel through any medium. This is shown in sending constructs and scanning, as the energy is instantly available at the target. Therefore, reducing your matter down to energy level and reforming somewhere else should be possible, and worked by your subconcious "knowing" what to do and how to do it.

Those of you saying that teleportation is impossible, a (very well respected) member has claimed that it is possible, and that they have performed it. Whether this is true or not, I do not know, but Lightbringer's word has more weight than some newbie charging in and claiming to be able to ki blast l33tly.

//Remakai.
Formulating your intent to avoid the negative ends up confirming the negative.

- kobok

June 21, 2004, 09:49:27 PM
Reply #41

qigongguy222

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
ok i agree about the speed thing but if you break your brain molecules down how would you complete the process mentally

June 21, 2004, 09:59:01 PM
Reply #42

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• B̮̜̳̲͕ͦ̍͟ͅe̡̋̈́ͬ̐ả̬̹̳̼̫̜̟͂͛ͣû̓͑̚t̀̉҉̤y̌͂

• View Profile
Maybe your disembodied conciousness could continue the process, so that suggests the use of etheric projection.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

June 22, 2004, 01:03:13 PM
Reply #43

learning = doing anything

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
would your brain even be disconnected from anything if you're moving all the particles of your body at the same time? If you went piece by piece, the particles that you DID teleport somewhere would probably be blown away in the wind. Good luck finding all of those molecules you lost :)
"You Are Free To Sever The Chains Of Fate That Bind You." ~ ???

"What If There Is No Afterlife? What Happens? Do We Blink Out Of Existence?" ~ Me

"Time Is Not Always Inevitable" ~ Me

"Some Things You're Not Meant To Know." ~ Many people and cartoon characters.

"Why Did That Old Man From The Rhyme Come Rolling Home? Wouldn't That Kind Of Be Painful For A Man His Age?" ~ Me

June 22, 2004, 04:50:14 PM
Reply #44

Lightbringer

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Spiritual Warrior
    • View Profile
Who even says that teleportation must be accomplished by disassembling the body then putting ti back together again? Why not just keep the body whole?
The thing that really fascinates me about people is their ability to have no idea what's going on even though it's going on in plain sight all around them and the even more amazing tendency to argue violently when one of these obvious things is presented to them.