Author Topic: I need a teacher..  (Read 2748 times)

June 17, 2004, 01:18:51 PM
Read 2748 times

Achilles

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Hello, my name is Mark. I am new to veritas. Well, I have come across my ability to make ice a few times in the past, I am very unaware of what to do, it has made it to where my family doesn't believe me, and many of my close friends just laugh and walk off, I hoped maybe all of you would understand, so here I am asking for a teacher, someone that is a honest about what they can do, I only ask for good help, someone to show me the ropes, my skills go beyond cryo, so please just contact me if you can help...
If you never go into battle, then your name will never be rememberd...
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

June 17, 2004, 01:29:35 PM
Reply #1

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
well, while you're waiting for a reply from a person who might teach you (i'm unqualified in that field), take a look around the site :).

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

June 17, 2004, 01:32:05 PM
Reply #2

Thalog

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
how could you do cryokinesis without formal training? Or even informal training?
:cow: This emoticon is a sacraligous cow, it looks like a bloody guinea pig, well anyway.

I am the Unchallenged Master of Sturgeons.

"That which does not kill us, Makes us want to die"

June 17, 2004, 01:32:41 PM
Reply #3

SereneChaos

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
In the mean time, I suggest doing some research on the field you feel you want to progress in. Google is your friend. :p

June 17, 2004, 01:32:55 PM
Reply #4

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
because teaching isn't neccessary to learn bloody well everything in life

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

June 17, 2004, 01:37:30 PM
Reply #5

Achilles

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I don't know how it happened, it just happened, and I have looked into this a litte bit before, I think it would help if I had a teacher, that's all.
If you never go into battle, then your name will never be rememberd...
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

June 17, 2004, 01:41:41 PM
Reply #6

Akhilleus

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    The lumberjack.
    • View Profile
I think it would help if you researched it and got a decent understanding of it before asking for a teacher.It would help both you and your teacher (assuming you even find one skilled enough to teach)

June 17, 2004, 04:16:46 PM
Reply #7

Quiksilver

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
You're not likely to find a teacher that skilled in psychokinesis that can teach you. Granted, I assume there are some here that have enough knowledge and skill to help you refine and control that ability.

And note, its generally easier to persuade someone with verifiable evidence and perhaps a demonstration. Word of mouth about these things tend to be frowned, even laughed upon.
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

"Out of life's school of war: What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

--Friedrich Nietzsche

June 17, 2004, 05:35:58 PM
Reply #8

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
For that matter, pyro- and cryo- kinesis seem to be almost ignored abilities, with only the most basic techniques and few people who actually practice them.  Psychokinetics are far less rare, although I don't think there'd be many people who would actually teach the disipline.

So far, people have done well enough (in alot of cases) simply by teaching themselves.  Psionics simply isn't advanced enough so far to require actual tutoring, for most skills.  Look at the articles here and at psipog.com; they contain the basic knowledge, at least.  After that its just skill, it seems.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

June 17, 2004, 07:21:09 PM
Reply #9

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
what the heck are you guys talking about? there are people here who are capable of teaching this kid (whether they will or not is a different matter).

and secondly, giving a demonstration cause word of mouth is laughed at? only if the person is making extremely outrageous claims like training in ki for three days and blowing up their car or something. otherwise, how can this kid demonstrate his ability over the internet? the internet is very much a place of "word of mouth" and that's something that won't change until video is standard on the net and for the psions who can scan/RV/etc *really* well.

and finally, i'd hardly say that cryo is more prevalent than pyro. pyro is more ... "common" and is ignored just cause it's not special. as well, there are people who practice the "advanced" forms of fire/heat control and ice/cold control, they're just "hard" to find (the real ones, not the bs fakers).

~kakkarot

June 18, 2004, 03:52:07 AM
Reply #10

Quiksilver

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: kakkarot
what the heck are you guys talking about? there are people here who are capable of teaching this kid (whether they will or not is a different matter).

and secondly, giving a demonstration cause word of mouth is laughed at? only if the person is making extremely outrageous claims like training in ki for three days and blowing up their car or something. otherwise, how can this kid demonstrate his ability over the internet? the internet is very much a place of "word of mouth" and that's something that won't change until video is standard on the net and for the psions who can scan/RV/etc *really* well.

and finally, i'd hardly say that cryo is more prevalent than pyro. pyro is more ... "common" and is ignored just cause it's not special. as well, there are people who practice the "advanced" forms of fire/heat control and ice/cold control, they're just "hard" to find (the real ones, not the bs fakers).

~kakkarot

Kakkarot, it seems you need to actually _read_ the post, rather than skim it, or comprehend what we were talking about in full.  First of all, I said that he is not apt to find a teacher _that_ skilled to help him progress in psychokinesis. I mean hell, if he's already making ice, then it looks to me like he just needs help with refinement and control. I said that I'm sure there are people here that can help him refine and control the ability, but not teach for progression. Second of all, He commented that, "it has made it to where my family doesn't believe me, and many of my close friends just laugh and walk off." This is what I meant when I was talking about a demonstration, to the people in IRL. Finally, no where in anyone's posts did they say that cryokinesis is more prevalent than pyrokinesis. What Zake said was, "For that matter, pyro- and cryo- kinesis seem to be almost ignored abilities, with only the most basic techniques and few people who actually practice them."
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

"Out of life's school of war: What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

--Friedrich Nietzsche

June 18, 2004, 10:16:56 AM
Reply #11

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
you're right. my bad. i'd read your post once then skimmed it the second time while i was replying to both you and zake.

~kakkarot

July 07, 2004, 06:22:14 PM
Reply #12

Church

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_cmdrjohnso/index.php?act=idx
Hey I could use a Teacher to... Look @ My Profile and than I have AIM or MSN. :D