Author Topic: The alchemies. . .  (Read 1508 times)

June 10, 2004, 04:26:13 PM
Read 1508 times

TheFlameOfGod

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • MultiPowerMedia
Can anybody be of some assistence? I am seeking some Wai Dan (External Alchemy) and Nei Dan (Internal Alchemy) exercises. I already know of the Da Mo Wai Dan and a few of the common Nei Dan exercises (such as Micro Cosmic Orbit). But could anyone direct me to some other exercises? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Online RPG in progress. . .Click link below for details.

June 10, 2004, 04:37:26 PM
Reply #1

Enlightenment

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/3nl1ght3nm3nt/index.htm
well, I would say look at donjitsu2's site but it sounds like you already have  :rolleyes:
En: Get into a class.
Preferably a Hatha Yoga class.
Avoid Yogas
Power Yoga, Fitness yoga, Wellness Yoga, Energy Yoga.....
What about NINJA SEX YOGA!!! Is that alright?
Tsu: No :P
ROFL

June 10, 2004, 10:09:38 PM
Reply #2

TheFlameOfGod

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • MultiPowerMedia
Actually, I don't think that I have. . .sorry. Why the " :rolleyes: "? I have been doing alot of heavy research, and stumbled upon them a few times. I obtained some of the history, some of their beliefs, where they came from and etc. . .but as far as their techniques and exercises go, I haven't found much.

June 11, 2004, 05:14:20 AM
Reply #3

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Well, I am assuming Enlightenment heard of wai dan gong, nei dan gong for the first time on don's site and pretty much associates it to be the one of the only places to get it.

Note: macrocosmic orbit might be the thing you were looking for.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

June 15, 2004, 05:25:43 PM
Reply #4

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
The term "Dan" (as in Nei Dan) is more correctly translated as "elixir". External alchemy's primary concern is consuming various substances (in some cases Mercury). The practices was for the most part abandoned in favor of  Internal Alchemy, which was much safer and effective. Basically (very basically), the idea was to reach immortality by transmuting the Jing (essence) into Qi, the Qi into Shen, Joining the Shen with the Wuji (ultimate emptiness before the Taiji), and then returing to the Tao - thus becoming an "immortal". If you want info on this look up Mantak Chia (and the Healing Tao organization) or B.K. Frantzis. Both are masters of internal Alchemy yet both teach different methods.

Now, Nei Dan Gong can also be refered to as Nei Gong. Very few people have info regarding Nei Gong. Dr. Yang Jing Ming provides great info on the subject as it relates to martial arts. You can also look for information regarding Bone Marrow Washing. As for Wai Dan Gong do a search on the "8 Sections of Silk Brocade" (Ba Duan Jin) or the Yi Jin Jing.

Hope this helps,
Josh Skinner

(nei dan gond article: http://www.geocities.com/donjitsu2/neidangong.html )

June 15, 2004, 10:53:05 PM
Reply #5

TheFlameOfGod

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • MultiPowerMedia
Basically (very basically), the idea was to reach immortality by transmuting the Jing (essence) into Qi, the Qi into Shen, Joining the Shen with the Wuji (ultimate emptiness before the Taiji), and then returing to the Tao - thus becoming an "immortal".

This is pretty much new.
The term "Dan" (as in Nei Dan) is more correctly translated as "elixir".

I've known this.
Very few people have info regarding Nei Gong.

Actually, it was harder for me to find info on Wai Dan than it was on Nei Dan. Now as far as exercises go, I've had problems finding any info on either.

Other quick notes: Nei Dan is focused upon in Tai Chi, while Wai Dan is focused upon in Shaolin. Nei Dan emphasizes Yin and Wai Dan emphasizes Yang. A balance between the two styles may be needed.

Websites of interest:
2 Awesome sources of info for Nei: 1, and 2.

I know of more sites, (one that has quite a few alchemical books, but I can't read Chinese). . .if they are wanted, I'll post them as well.