Author Topic: Different effects with and without focal meditation  (Read 464 times)

January 11, 2019, 09:24:03 AM
Read 464 times

KinoLau

• View Profile
Hello everyone, I write to share a situation a little strange that has occurred lately.

Shortly after starting the focal meditation the whole body is crossed by psi: the two things are now two almost indistinct phenomena. As soon as I relax, I feel a lot of warmth (especially in the head and arms) and a light pinch in my hands and feet. In this case the psi is a warm and malleable material.

But if I do not use focal meditation (because maybe I'm in public and I can not do it), I instinctively recall the psi from the ground and feel a cold icy rise from the legs and that soon extends to the arms, hands and if I also insist, on the chest. In this case the psi is not something malleable, it is more like a cold flow than control to a certain point and that sometimes I have the feeling that it takes over.

I know that the personal feelings on the psi are very subjective, but I do not understand why it feels so great differences. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any answers!

KL

January 14, 2019, 02:15:38 PM
Reply #1

الظلام

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
    • The Infernal Sanctuary
I need a little clarification on what exactly you are doing in both cases.

In the first case, you perform focal meditation, but how do you work with psi after this focal meditation?

In the second case, you skip focal meditation, and simply draw psi from the ground. That part is clear.

I just need a little clarification on how you are working with psi in the first case.

January 14, 2019, 11:56:08 PM
Reply #2

KinoLau

• View Profile
Hi الظلام,
usually during focal meditation I do not focus on the origin of the psi (unlike when I voluntarily draw it from the ground). In fact, everything is more mixed: at the beginning I clearly perceive my psi and shortly after, I am enveloped in a sort of cocoon which - within certain limits - gradually spreads around me but which increases from the outermost layer.

In the first case when I feel sufficiently relaxed, I practice: I move the psi from the solar plexus to the hands, create small constructs between the palms of the hands (without any function, only simple shapes), or play with energy and create temporary shields. All of this essentially has the purpose of training the mind to stay dynamic.

The feeling is that of being immersed in a thick and warm fluid and when I create something, the feeling is strong even in the middle of the forehead.

In the second case instead, I try to get a minimum of awareness of the present, helping me with breathing. This is also an exercise that I do often, so I need only a few breaths to have that minimum of concentration.

As soon as I turn my attention to absorbing the energy from the ground, the legs freeze (usually up to the knee) and immediately touches the forearms and hands. Above all I have the sensation of emitting "cold air" on my hands. While I feel energy accumulating in my legs, I throw it out of my hands at least until I try to direct it, but I struggle.

If I am nervous or tired, the energy does everything by itself: it creates disordered forms, or creates new ones that I did not want or to which I was not thinking.

Even if the body becomes progressively colder and I notice this bitter cold, I do not shiver and I do not feel uncomfortable. In fact, the more I get cold the more I want to try that feeling. But paradoxically, it only happens if I recover energy from the ground: otherwise it is not a requirement that I feel.

I also tried to fuel a construct I had previously created with the focal meditation method, with this "cold psi": at first the construct did not seem to fuel, it seemed to oppose and insisting it became "cold" (I also displayed a different color of the construct at that point).

This double way of feeling the energy confuses me a lot and makes it more difficult for me to regulate myself.

KL

January 15, 2019, 02:37:40 AM
Reply #3

الظلام

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
    • The Infernal Sanctuary
So in the first case, you are working with the energy that is already present within your body, while in the second case you are working with energy that you pulled from the ground instead, right?

If that's correct, then I can see why the feelings are different.

The psi that is already present within your body is a little different than the ambient psi laying around within the inanimate world.
The energy is the same, but it is attuned slightly differently. Within living beings, psi is attuned in a way that reflects that, so it is more lively, active, and "fiery", so it is not surprising that psi within you feels warmer.

But when you are pulling psi from the ground, you are pulling psi that isn't attuned to living beings, and it won't have the same vigorous, warm feeling that comes from that kind of attunement. I'd also point out that ambient psi is influenced by its surroundings, so if you are pulling it from the cold ground, it will likely reflect that too.

January 15, 2019, 07:18:14 AM
Reply #4

KinoLau

• View Profile
Thank you very much for the answer and obviously also for the explanation.

Have a nice day!

KL