Author Topic: New to iih - too much sleep needed  (Read 1172 times)

October 20, 2018, 05:31:03 AM
Read 1172 times

vladimir007

• View Profile
Hey! I'm a beginner to practice of iih, I like it very much. My very problem is my sleep quota, which is around 10 hours/day, sometimes more! I had also several days when i slept 3-4 hours, but then i had to recover :headwall: . What can I do to increase my energy and decrease my necesity for sleep? Also, I am student and I live in a student dormitory, I don't know the name in english. A room rented for students by university, with 3 other people, also more coming to my room. So, it's social impossible for me to perform any asana, so I have to meditate laying down in my bed. And often this drives me to get asleep. It's there any tip to keep me awake by phisycal method during this? I tried to keep my toes upward, but doing this I can't pay enough attention to meditation anymore. And I came home today and done a semilotus posture and it was a very huge difference! Much more energy, I mean, MUCH more, and much few thoughts. Thanks!

October 21, 2018, 01:05:58 AM
Reply #1

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hello there :P
Actually, the "Thought control" exercises of the first step in the IIH can actually help.
Why?
For quite a few reasons really:

1. They relax your mind, and reduce your exertion of mental/emotional energy.

2. They increase your willpower, concentration power, and your mental capacity, so you will be able to handle more before getting tired.

3. A lot of times when people think they are tired or need to sleep, they're really just under the affect of laziness, drowsiness, or some other mental state and aren't actually in need of sleep. With the thought control exercises, you will be in control of your mental activity and will be much better at fighting the influence of mental states or emotions which make you tired.

I use to require a lot of sleep too, however after going through the IIH, I really only require 3 or 4 hours to function well.

October 23, 2018, 06:04:53 PM
Reply #2

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
One other thing I'd like to point out that is simple but often overlooked, is that if you are living an inactive lifestyle, this will contribute to your sleep problem, so  obviously getting into a more active lifestyle will raise your energy level and help you to require less sleep.

November 14, 2018, 11:25:03 AM
Reply #3

vladimir007

• View Profile
Thank you for replying! I read a lot of your posts and saw that you are an advanced practitioner!  I managed sleep problem adding more fruits and seeds in my diet.  Also I heard that sleeping before midnight and waking up early is very important and I am trying to accommodate to this. 
What do you think, would practicing of martial arts, or more common contact sport help my iih training?  I am thinking of mma, it is a place near me. I am interesting in doing this since I was a kid, but I am somehow afraid. I was some 2 weeks last year,  but it was too far and too soft for me.
Otherwise, what do you think about mental parasites?  I am very very interested in this subject, read some Castaneda book,  red in iih too. Is sufficient first steps of iih to completely get rid of these?  Thank you!

November 15, 2018, 07:02:39 AM
Reply #4

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
Also I heard that sleeping before midnight and waking up early is very important and I am trying to accommodate to this.

Having a consistent routine in general will help regulate your energy levels and train your body to act accordingly.
Human are creatures of adaptation, and having consistency will allow you to adapt, though of course it may take some effort.

I don't know whether going to bed before midnight and waking early is particularly better than any other schedule, but having a consistent schedule in general is good.
I personally am nocturnal - however I have no sleep issues, and require little sleep to function, so the specific time you set your schedule is probably less important than being consistent.
Indeed, besides schedule, there are probably more important factors you could focus on.
One of them is definitely engaging in athletic activities. By engaging in such activity, you increase your physical endurance and energy, so it will take more to tire you. On the other hand, it also builds your will power, which is a very important factor in determining how long you can go without sleep.

For example, my schedule is inconsistent and hectic, however, with my degree of will power and mental development, combined with my athletic activity, I require little sleep anyways, and am not affected by an inconsistent sleep schedule.

Diet, as you have mentioned, is definitely a major factor too. That's just pure biological fact. :biggrin:

As long as you are engaging in some consistent physical activity, it is up to you what you want to do. Personally I practice martial arts at home.

I am not too familiar with parasites, but yes the thought control exercises are probably enough to deal with them, as those exercises help put your consciousness in your absolute control, and increase your awareness of influences from external sources.
However, I am doubtful you will have to deal with them very seriously, as they aren't very powerful, and usually only are able to overpower the weak willed, the sensitive, and those who have poor self awareness.
The fact that you are even aware of their existence means you are less likely to be taken by one, since you have the ability to recognize their influence, while others don't even know they even exist.
Parasites are constantly being created and dying off just as constantly, so as long as you practice self control, introspection, and keep self aware, you won't really have to worry about them.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:23:20 PM by الظلام »

November 17, 2018, 08:18:15 PM
Reply #5

purplehaze48

• View Profile
Hello :)

I too used to require a lot of sleep in order to feel good. 
As الظلام said thought control will definitely helps you! I also totally agree on his/her advices.

But I think you should also be sure to have "good quality sleep".
My technique to get quickly asleep, with a good quality sleep or just in a "resting state", is, once you layed down on your bed, be on your back.
Relax, breathe gently, slowly, focus on your breath if you want. After "looking inside your mind" (thought observation), find the "mental void/emptiness" exercice as described from step 1 IIH.

It will help you have a clear mind during the night and when you wake up. You will probably feel more in good shape and in control of yourself next day  :biggrin:

November 18, 2018, 01:55:39 AM
Reply #6

vladimir007

• View Profile
Hello :)

I too used to require a lot of sleep in order to feel good. 
As الظلام said thought control will definitely helps you! I also totally agree on his/her advices.

But I think you should also be sure to have "good quality sleep".
My technique to get quickly asleep, with a good quality sleep or just in a "resting state", is, once you layed down on your bed, be on your back.
Relax, breathe gently, slowly, focus on your breath if you want. After "looking inside your mind" (thought observation), find the "mental void/emptiness" exercice as described from step 1 IIH.

It will help you have a clear mind during the night and when you wake up. You will probably feel more in good shape and in control of yourself next day  :biggrin:
I was doing something similar last year,but I don't know why I stopped.
I looked more about the parasites, i Found them in yoga, too. And I mean specially about physical parasites. With their corespondence in other planes too. They say we are infested with a lot of parasites, in back times practices like fasting were meant to get rid of them, but nowadays nobody cares. And. like with everything I came in contact, it is said that this is the reason for all diseases. If anybody is interested, read about Hunda Clark.
And it is said that we are in their control through thoughts and emotions generated by them, because they infest our nervous system also. Soooo, first step is a very good countermeasure to them, I think. Because you are no more identified with thoughts and emotions, and you are aware.
I will try to make a very strong routine. This is my priority now. I found that I have to first manage a lot of things, main discipline before truly be able to practice IIH. It is said in book also  :headwall:.
I found that in order to be able to be detached from my thoughts and just observe them, I have to truly be aware of myself and my spirit to be absolutely in present moment. To be in driver's seat like somebody said in a post here. If anybody figures out what I am talking about, do you know what is the corelation between this state and perceveing Atman in hinduism?

Also, when i am imprinting ideas in water, food, air, I am 'sending' it from my body through my hands. Is this the right method, or am I wasting my body energy? Should I create the idea from the akashic field of what I am trying to impregnate?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:59:21 AM by vladimir007 »

November 18, 2018, 06:30:09 PM
Reply #7

purplehaze48

• View Profile
I looked more about the parasites, i Found them in yoga, too. And I mean specially about physical parasites. With their corespondence in other planes too. They say we are infested with a lot of parasites, in back times practices like fasting were meant to get rid of them, but nowadays nobody cares. And. like with everything I came in contact, it is said that this is the reason for all diseases. If anybody is interested, read about Hunda Clark.
And it is said that we are in their control through thoughts and emotions generated by them, because they infest our nervous system also. Soooo, first step is a very good countermeasure to them, I think. Because you are no more identified with thoughts and emotions, and you are aware.

You shouldn't worry too much about the "parasites". If you just calm your mind / use simple meditation once a day you'll be in control of yourself.
Bardon's shower helps a lot too, as it "activate" vital energy which "cleansed" you.
There are also powerful Taoism practices to help you re-equilibrate your mind & emotions, and clean your body from toxines (and they really puts the emphasis on purity)

I have to truly be aware of myself and my spirit to be absolutely in present moment.
Yes being is the present moment is a requirement and a key to success first step iih.
For that, having physical exercice helps. More dopamine, less stress, less toxines in your body.

Also, when i am imprinting ideas in water, food, air, I am 'sending' it from my body through my hands. Is this the right method, or am I wasting my body energy? Should I create the idea from the akashic field of what I am trying to impregnate?
When you imprint ideas (=thoughts) in whatever you want, you don't have to send them specifically through your hand. Hermeticism  teaches that everything is mental.
If you focus on your specific idea and only on your ideas before/while drinking water with this same idea constantly in your mind, you'll notice that it worked immediatly (even physically if you're sensible to electromagnetic fluids). Especially with water.

November 19, 2018, 06:31:55 AM
Reply #8

vladimir007

• View Profile
I feel it,  with water and air, when I'm on higher states of counsciousness. But, it is not something i do very consciously, I have just observed that energy is moving from me, to what I am trying to impregnate and I don't know if i am just loosing my energy. I think I should obtain energy, not transfer mine