Author Topic: Thought Control  (Read 612 times)

August 12, 2018, 01:49:18 AM
Reply #15

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
Wow, this is starting to look more like a chat room than a thread. :HA!:

Yeah I've started to realize that :biggrin:
I don't want to be smitten by a moderator for getting off topic, so I've sent you a pm instead :P

August 12, 2018, 07:42:46 AM
Reply #16

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile

I don't want to be smitten by a moderator for getting off topic, so I've sent you a pm instead :P

Just so you both know, we tend to play pretty loose with the whole "on topic" thing here in general. Unless a thread gets wildly out of control or devolves into name calling or some such, it's usually all right. It's mostly up to the OP and the other posters to choose the direction of a thread any way. That's not to say that every topic-specific thread should devolve into just "so what are you up to" or "how was your day?" posts, but we care less about being strictly on topic than perhaps some other forums do. :P

Mods are mostly here to remove spam and make sure people follow the rules: http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=Veritas_rules

Beyond that, we're mostly just happy to see discussion as it doesn't tend to happen as much as it used to.

(But of course feel free to PM each other if that works better for you two.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:46:54 AM by Impervious »
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

August 12, 2018, 08:52:53 AM
Reply #17

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile

Just so you both know, we tend to play pretty loose with the whole "on topic" thing here in general. Unless a thread gets wildly out of control or devolves into name calling or some such, it's usually all right. It's mostly up to the OP and the other posters to choose the direction of a thread any way. That's not to say that every topic-specific thread should devolve into just "so what are you up to" or "how was your day?" posts, but we care less about being strictly on topic than perhaps some other forums do. :P

Mods are mostly here to remove spam and make sure people follow the rules: http://vsociety.net/index.php?title=Veritas_rules

Beyond that, we're mostly just happy to see discussion as it doesn't tend to happen as much as it used to.

(But of course feel free to PM each other if that works better for you two.)

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :biggrin:

August 12, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
Reply #18

Baxt

• Settling In

• View Profile
Yeah, I figured it wasn't too much of an issue...I was more just making a jovial observation, anyway.:P

Not than anyone is overly concerned, but I am getting to other replies, eventually. :wink: My little one is teething again, so she's crazy cranky.:P

August 15, 2018, 09:07:05 PM
Reply #19

Baxt

• Settling In

• View Profile
For example: Say you wrote one of your vices/negatives as "I have trouble sleeping." Not a bad start, but it doesn't really give you much to work with when it comes time to actually fix that problem. Maybe instead, go a step further. WHY do you have trouble sleeping? Maybe you don't keep a consistent sleep schedule, maybe you use too much caffeine, and maybe you're always too stressed out to sleep when it is time to try. Now you have three items that are much easier to tackle on an individual basis than the nebulous concept of "bad sleep" is as a whole. This way, you can also start seeing small improvements in your sleep as a whole, as you chip away at each item.

Actually, I started out with pretty specific terms to begin with. I'm thinking that maybe I could switch it around and start with phrases like "I have trouble sleeping" and probably come up with a few more.

Thank you! :biggrin:

August 21, 2018, 09:36:26 PM
Reply #20

stariiestace

• View Profile
I knew some ppl who had been really good at this lol im just a learner ahaha