Poll

What do you think happens after a person dies?

Reincarnation
2 (66.7%)
Eternal Heaven and Eternal Hell
0 (0%)
Heaven and Hell, but with possible progression
0 (0%)
Complete destruction of conscioussness
0 (0%)
Other
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closes: August 20, 2018, 04:08:07 PM

Author Topic: What happens after death?  (Read 36 times)

Yesterday at 04:08:07 PM
Read 36 times

Sophocles

• View Profile
I personally believe in reincarnation, just because it is so widely believed around the world. However, I am willing to change my mind if enough evidence can disprove it.

Today at 12:55:44 AM
Reply #1

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
I answered reincarnation, but "heaven and hell, with possible progression" sounds likely to me too. I don't believe in the common idea of heaven/hell though.

Given the nature of the soul, I strongly believe we continue in some way, but I personally don't really know exactly how we do so.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

Today at 03:30:39 AM
Reply #2

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
I answered other, because nearly all of them are true to some degree....at least according to many common western magical persepctives.

To elaborate:

According to hermetics, the western magic mostly commonly taught here, when a human dies, their soul will depart from this physical sphere into a region in the astral plane that is harmonious with the composition of their own soul. For example, someone with a largely negative soul will go to a similarly negative region, which in a way could be perceived as "Hell", due to the negative regions being well.... hellish :biggrin:
And of course, a noble, positive soul will go to a region similarly positive, which can be perceived as heaven.
However, this isn't necessarily about punishment or reward - a soul simply needs to be in a region that is synchronized with their composition, or else the soul would be dissonant with the incorrect region, and it would gradually be forced to transmute itself into the composition of that region. However, this is usually avoided since the soul will naturally go to the correct region on its own anyways.
A soul will only be forced into a disharmonious region through unnatural means.
For example, if a man was to bind himself in a contract with a demon where he would have to serve it after death in return for whatever things he recieved through the deal, his soul would be bound to the demon's sphere upon death so as to fulfill his contract, and his soul would gradually conform to the composition of that region, and he essentially would become a demon himself.

Anyways, human souls usually will reside within the astral sphere until they are ready to reincarnate again.
However, eventually a human soul will no longer need to reincarnate due to development, and instead can reside in his or her correspondent region of the astral sphere practically forever, or he can dissolve his astral body and move up to the mental sphere.

Another possibillity is the death of the personal consciousness or Ego, which is often called the mystic's death, since it is primarily done by mystics who seek to merge or dissolve themselves into the subject of their studies.
My understanding of this operation is limited, but it's something like this:
A mystic who's subject is Light, will develop there spirit and soul much like a magician would in order to break the cycle of reincarnation, and once he dies and tranfers to the astral sphere, he will work to dissolve his astral body and move up into the region of the mental sphere which is correspondent to Light, and I think there is one step further where he merges or dissolves his mental body into the principle of Light, literally becoming one with it, destroying his personal Ego and conciousness in the process.
Again, my knowledge here is limited, so I might possibly have details wrong.

But as we can see, according to this perspective there is some truth to nearly all of them.
Of course I make no claims of this perspective being the absolute truth, nor will I claim I have evidence of this, I am simply giving you all some "food for thought", so take it as you wish  :P
« Last Edit: Today at 03:37:47 AM by الظلام »