Author Topic: My oh my we are a sad little place  (Read 713 times)

June 11, 2017, 06:11:22 AM
Read 713 times

Searcher2

• View Profile
Now I wonder why this is?

July 17, 2017, 09:12:20 PM
Reply #1

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

July 19, 2017, 12:57:17 PM
Reply #2

Searcher2

• View Profile
And felicitations to you AC, nobody else on here wants to talk to me!

August 11, 2017, 06:28:55 AM
Reply #3

kirolak

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I also wonder why this dynamic, exciting forum has lost so much impetus?  It is clearly our (members) fault. . . including mine,    :redface: as I withdrew from interaction for a few years.  There is so much wisdom here, & so many well written articles,  but many threads are old. 

August 11, 2017, 10:40:09 PM
Reply #4

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein
I also wonder why this dynamic, exciting forum has lost so much impetus?  It is clearly our (members) fault. . . including mine,    :redface: as I withdrew from interaction for a few years.  There is so much wisdom here, & so many well written articles,  but many threads are old.

Lack of leadership, integrity issues, not being able to draw new people, and unwillingness to adapt and adopt new technologies is probably why the forum has lost so much impetus. It is not the fault of the members; rather, it is the fault of the "staff". I check from time to time(I have not posted in over a year), but, personally, the pointless arguing and the lack of integrity displayed by the people here made for a frustrating experience which translated into me wanting to do something else. I am sure if I felt that way, so did others, so it translated into less and less frequent posts. Though, I feel vindicated, because I was told I was the problem(because I am sooooooo disruptive), so it sort of is ironic that people still abandoned the forum in my absence(activity actually decreased from what I can see). This is not me posting regularly; rather, this was me randomly checking, finding this thread, and taking time to post an "I told you so". I likely won't post again, or at least any time soon, after this, for I don't believe in contributing to a community that has integrity issues.
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

August 11, 2017, 11:18:42 PM
Reply #5

kirolak

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
What a sad waste , Rayn - you have made so many deep, insightful posts. . . I do hope you reconsider!

August 11, 2017, 11:50:21 PM
Reply #6

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein
What a sad waste , Rayn - you have made so many deep, insightful posts. . . I do hope you reconsider!

Likely not. To say it short and sweet, I like sharing information and knowledge on my terms and not on other people's. Because I disagree on these terms with the staff of this site, I have decided not to contribute anything I know here. My site is in my signature, so if people want to read what I have written, they can visit my site or send me an email(my email contact is on my site). So, I am available.  But, there is no point in me spending a lot of time on a site that is dead primarily because of lack of leadership(and to be frank I dislike all of the staff so there is no point in me being around people I can't stand). How often do you see moderators engaging? 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:58:25 PM by Rayn »
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

September 09, 2017, 07:44:54 PM
Reply #7

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Message boards in general are a dying medium, this place in particular lost momentum a long time ago as older members moved onto other interests and weren't replaced by newer members. All of the drama didn't help.

September 10, 2017, 07:13:12 PM
Reply #8

delusionsofgranduer

• Settling In

• View Profile
I think this whole situation is sort of sad.  I found this board right after it became less active so there was no one really to talk to.  I like going back and looking at the archived posts; some of them are really interesting.  If anyone knows any other good board for metaphysics/psi let me know.  Most of what I could find was woo.  :(

September 12, 2017, 06:31:31 AM
Reply #9

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
Ever since psipog died the OEC's as a whole started to die down after that. I feel like it had something to do with it. Psipog always brought newbies into the scene. People are getting older though and just have totally different lives.. I don't even practice psi anymore hardly I just meditate.

September 14, 2017, 05:37:16 AM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I wanted to resurrect this forum for some time, I gave certain suggestions regarding SEO, etc but nothing happened.

Plus I am not going to lure in more people so Ryan Lewis can start being an asshole in the discussions yet again...

September 14, 2017, 06:27:40 AM
Reply #11

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The occult communities need to die. There is no truth in the subject. Its a clever lie that people desperate for meaning in their lives attach themselves to. Its a waste of time, such a terrible waste of time and life. Regrettable really.

September 14, 2017, 06:37:40 AM
Reply #12

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
The occult communities need to die. There is no truth in the subject. Its a clever lie that people desperate for meaning in their lives attach themselves to. Its a waste of time, such a terrible waste of time and life. Regrettable really.

It depends on what you do. If you pursue the "fairy stuff of legends", sure you will be dissatisfied in the end.

With that said, there is a certain merit in occult practices and in the history of mankind. Grimoires are a perfect representation of the mind of our ancestors as these books promise what they wanted to achieve in life, how to better understand the mind of the man than through his desires?

Unfortunately occultism is a little bit too broad discipline and yes, a lot of BS is contained within and despite that Psionics wanted to begin with a clean shield, they are guilty of the same problem.

September 14, 2017, 12:01:13 PM
Reply #13

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

It depends on what you do. If you pursue the "fairy stuff of legends", sure you will be dissatisfied in the end.

With that said, there is a certain merit in occult practices and in the history of mankind. Grimoires are a perfect representation of the mind of our ancestors as these books promise what they wanted to achieve in life, how to better understand the mind of the man than through his desires?

Unfortunately occultism is a little bit too broad discipline and yes, a lot of BS is contained within and despite that Psionics wanted to begin with a clean shield, they are guilty of the same problem.
The only true way I know to create a change in accordance to my will is to set a goal, create a plan, and act. You strip the religious aspects from magick, you're left with a collection of self help techniques. Too many idiots waste their time chasing "super powers", psionics is the worst and the law of attraction crowd is just lazy.

September 14, 2017, 12:32:47 PM
Reply #14

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

The only true way I know to create a change in accordance to my will is to set a goal, create a plan, and act. You strip the religious aspects from magick, you're left with a collection of self help techniques. Too many idiots waste their time chasing "super powers", psionics is the worst and the law of attraction crowd is just lazy.

I wouldn't say it is necessarily true with the self-help stuff, I did experience a lot of weird stuff along the years and an actual face to face communication with spirits was one of them. The thing is that it is usually hard to say what is an actual objective experience and what is just a coincidence or induced hallucination.

On the other side, being able to induce life-like hallucinations is cool, too.