Author Topic: Questions about Kinesis/Future Selection  (Read 755 times)

January 10, 2017, 04:40:49 AM
Read 755 times

rdg

• View Profile
Hello. I don't know if anyone is still active here, but I would appreciate it if someone could provide me some answers.

I was reading through the psi articles and I have a few questions.

1. In the 'Introduction to Kinetics' article by kobok (http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=4868.0), one of the steps of performing kinesis is described as moving your soul to the object you want to kinet, so that your self-awareness is centered in that object. What is the purpose of this step? Is it possible to perform kinesis without this step?

2. From what I understand, kinesis and future selection are basically the same, and the steps for performing kinesis on an object and selecting a specific future are fundamentally the same as well. Then, in the case of selecting a future event to occur, without a specific object in mind, how does one deal with the step of moving the soul to the object (the step discussed in the previous question)? Since there is no object to move the soul to, is this step skipped?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:47:20 AM by rdg »

February 14, 2017, 05:21:28 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
1. In the 'Introduction to Kinetics' article by kobok (http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=4868.0), one of the steps of performing kinesis is described as moving your soul to the object you want to kinet, so that your self-awareness is centered in that object. What is the purpose of this step? Is it possible to perform kinesis without this step?

Some awareness needs to be on the object to influence it.  There are however varying degrees of this that can be effective, depending on the difficulty of the task.

2. From what I understand, kinesis and future selection are basically the same, and the steps for performing kinesis on an object and selecting a specific future are fundamentally the same as well. Then, in the case of selecting a future event to occur, without a specific object in mind, how does one deal with the step of moving the soul to the object (the step discussed in the previous question)? Since there is no object to move the soul to, is this step skipped?

You simply move the soul to the event.  Since the soul is able to travel through time in the same manner it moves through space, this is actually a similar process to moving the soul to an object.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 21, 2017, 07:15:38 AM
Reply #2

rdg

• View Profile
Thank you for your reply, kobok!

March 22, 2017, 02:58:32 PM
Reply #3

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Future selection = confirmation and/or cognitive bias.