Author Topic: Mirror Magick  (Read 535 times)

November 20, 2016, 11:17:15 AM
Read 535 times

Kambiz1985

• View Profile
Hello everyone,
I'm currently doing research on the different properties and uses of mirrors in Magick. Most of the information I have found so far deals with mirror gazing to see the future, your own past lives, etc. I remember ready about a (real) sorcerer who used a mirror and not only could he see whatever was happening in the world, he could even strike death to his enemies by it. In another old book I read about a woman who could use her Magick energy to heal people, again by mirrors, but none of these sources explain how.
I can imagine that mirrors can somehow amplify the power of the practitioner (kind of like a quartz crystal), but how to use them exactly; do I sit and gaze into the mirror and visualize the person I want to help being healed? I am familiar with the practice of lighting a candle on a mirror to double the effect but want to know how else to use mirrors.
Also if anyone has any information about using mirrors for contacting spirits, guides and entities please share, I'd really appreciate it.
Blessings and best wishes to all of you

November 22, 2016, 09:07:08 AM
Reply #1

Proteu5

• View Profile
I personally would first practice open focus meditation and candle meditation. Be able to hold the image of a single point in space for at least 10 min, even a blank mind.

The video I am sharing is one that I have discovered that shows a great depiction of the Lesser Key of King Solomon done through an obsidian mirror.

https://youtu.be/dTJBWMFRO6g

The Goetia is not for everyone. One should not expirement with drugs while practicing the Goetia. I live a completely sober life and only now do I feel that I have the strength to partake in these rituals. Crowley's approach is one stating that this is an ancient system of Psychology unlocking hidden parts of your mind.

I believe the path of Wicca has something less intense for mirror gazing.

November 22, 2016, 09:58:27 AM
Reply #2

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Initiation Into Hermetics talks about Magic Mirrors, how to make them and use them. There's a fictionalized account of the author of Initiation Into Hermetics using the Magic Mirror in another book attributed to him, Frabato. Rowe talks about Mirrors in his Short Course on Scrying, and I believe Poke Runyon has a book on magic mirrors somewhere. Bagua Mirrors are used to neutralize energy, and mirrors can be used in "Return to Sender" spells.

There's all kinds of ways to use mirrors. It just depends on what you want to do.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.