Author Topic: Sigil magick: Multiple sigil charge? Opinions wanted.  (Read 1258 times)

September 22, 2016, 07:16:14 AM
Read 1258 times

AndrywVoracity

• View Profile
I want to take on a new challenge, 200 sigils in around 4 weeks. I believe in this way I can have a large amount of data to see what im doing wrong (and also to try and gauge any improvements in these 4 weeks)
To save time, I would like to charge multiple sigils at the same time.
Not only would this save time, It would also prevent any problems with the trance state being abused (I have not encountered any and am not sure if they exist) and also, if I cast for several desires at the same time, I believe I won't be able to focus on any single desire there fore eradicating one problem I face in magick (I.e. Lust of manifestation, or desperation)

Also by doing a 200 sigil challenge, I will start casting for random, insignificant things in order to fill in my quota. This means I will be casting for things I do not have any attachment towards, I am hoping this increases success rates.

So, what are your thoughts? Is this a step in the right direction?

October 27, 2016, 10:18:25 AM
Reply #1

Proteu5

• View Profile
I feel from my experience that you should take the scientific method approach to your Sigil expirements. Choose your intent carefully and think it out well as you will get what you desire. I remember a famous author made a sigil to 'Sleep with a Vampire' I forget his though.

Take your time with each one. Document only the sigil itself in your journal and not the meaning. Then patiently wait for the outcome while working and acting along those lines. If you will to 'Sleep with a Vampire' you can't accomplish this in your bedroom alone, one would go out for a walk at night after he/she has cast the sigil.

If you are held bent on performing a peloretha of sigils, 200, then may I suggest a creative alternative. Create a sigil matrix. Have one domineering intent and then branches of that intent as part of the whole. Create a Servitor, a living entity. With each sigil you build its body, mind, heart, etc.

My fear with fasting 200 sigils in a small time frame is one of bad practice. You will be doing magick to simply do it. Your intent and casting power will be weaker then if it was more profound. That being said, if you can devise 200 problems and issues or intents that require magick you will become a stronger caster; similar to working out at the gym.

I quoted an article on Prophecy below. Do your magick with purpose and also grow as a magickian, not just an idle caster. However, I can only advise and suggest, it is up to you to decide.

A jester will call upon the wind to impress those whom he has gathered, and an idler will call upon the wind for no reason other than the fact that he can, but a magician will call upon the wind because he is looking upon a group of sweating workers who have been laboring in the hot sun all the windless day. A jester will turn to those who will listen and say “observe, for in two days a storm shall come,” and a useless idler will call upon a storm simply to see his own power, but a magician will call upon a storm because he looks around and sees that the grass is brown and the trees are dry from drought, yet none shall ever know the storm was called by him. The entertainer will call a crowd around an injured person and heal him only to hear the applaud of the audience, and the idler will cut himself just to heal himself, but the magician will stand at a distance where he will not be noticed, and mend the bones of an unknowing person whom has injured himself, and the magician shall walk away without saying a word. Therefor we can say that the jester users his feats to entertain and gain recognition to extend his ego. The useless idler knows such feats, but does not seek to gain recognition from them, yet only applies them uselessly. The magician then knows how to work such wonders as the others, but does so only to the benefit of others, and humbly rejects the idea of using them to expand his own recognition. In the same way we can class those three types of magic users in an order from the most bastardized to the truest way of applying magic. The jester learns magic only for self betterment, and is therefore the lowliest of the three. The idler does not seek to increase his ego and recognition with his magic, and is therefore above the jester. Yet nor does the idler properly apply such knowledge, and therefor is useless to the world. Finally, above them all is the magician, who uses his knowledge only for the betterment of the world around him, completely devoid of selfishness, and who devotes his entire life to study and sweats blood not for himself, but for the people he crosses on the street everyday, whom will never know his greatness.  - Prophecy

November 10, 2016, 10:33:12 PM
Reply #2

Ruhdelen100

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The Thorn
    • View Profile
I want to take on a new challenge, 200 sigils in around 4 weeks. I believe in this way I can have a large amount of data to see what im doing wrong (and also to try and gauge any improvements in these 4 weeks)
To save time, I would like to charge multiple sigils at the same time.
Not only would this save time, It would also prevent any problems with the trance state being abused (I have not encountered any and am not sure if they exist) and also, if I cast for several desires at the same time, I believe I won't be able to focus on any single desire there fore eradicating one problem I face in magick (I.e. Lust of manifestation, or desperation)

Also by doing a 200 sigil challenge, I will start casting for random, insignificant things in order to fill in my quota. This means I will be casting for things I do not have any attachment towards, I am hoping this increases success rates.

So, what are your thoughts? Is this a step in the right direction?

Whatever you are trying to accomplish through those 200, feel free to stop.

You don't need to practice with 200 sigils. All you need is One. Master that and you are done.
無敵!