Author Topic: Is there a way to find which path you're more suited for?  (Read 511 times)

June 25, 2016, 09:46:01 PM
Read 511 times

Azehei

• View Profile
I dabble in a bit of everything but I am trying to find a focus for me. I am an INFP-T personality type if that's a way to help but honestly i feel a bit lost in all of this. I feel something is there to grasp I just do not know what that may be for me.

June 27, 2016, 02:36:32 PM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Try a path that seems interesting for 2-4 weeks at a time and see how you feel. If it calls you to do more work, continue, if you are loathing every second, stop.

It also depends on if you are more of an ecstatic worker or a inhibitory worker (to use Peter Carroll's terminology). In other words, do you enjoy fitness, martial arts, sex, the thrill of life? Or are you more of a calm person who enjoys meditative experiences, sky gazing, or long walks in nature?

Magic is diverse and you can easily find, or adapt, a path that fits your personality. I enjoy moving more these days, so I enjoy more ecstatic forms of trance like dance, singing, playing music, and being wild over sitting in meditation and staring at a candle. If you can find what brings you joy it may be easier to find a path that fits you.

Just to be clear, I am not part of any one path, I choose to dance through paradigms, but I also have a strong back round in meditation and martial arts, so I do have a grounding in inhibitory and exhilarating trance work, which you may or my not have.

For the sake of simplicity, I suggest trying Focal Meditation as outlined in the Psi Section, and after a few weeks try swaying into dance with music or your own rhythm and see what helps you get into trance better and feels better for you.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."