Author Topic: EFFECT ON CHIN OF PRACTICING MAGIC  (Read 192 times)

August 08, 2017, 09:26:01 AM
Read 192 times

kirolak

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I've been away for a long time, but have read many threads as a guest. . .so hello again!

I have a weird question - does being involved in magic, or any non- 3-D system that attempts to control or change one's environment, have an effect on the size of the chin?  If one thinks of how witches are/were portrayed in the west, with long, protruding chins. ..(never mind the hairy warts!); is there any validity to this folk perception?  I actually suspect that there is,  freakish though I may sound. :rolleyes:

August 08, 2017, 04:30:13 PM
Reply #1

Sophocles

• View Profile
I don't know for sure, but I think that the stereotypical image of the witch is supposed to be an old woman, and old people simply have longer chins because facial characteristics change over time (the same applies to the nose). Also, very old people a long time ago typically lost a lot of teeth, so when they closed their mouths their chins and noses would come together. So I'm pretty sure that pointy chins on witches have more to do with age than anything involving the supernatural. I could be wrong, though. I'm no expert, and I am basing my opinion solely on the results of Google searches.

August 09, 2017, 01:43:53 PM
Reply #2

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
There is no relationship between the practice of magic and the development of deformities.