Author Topic: Bump. Psi and brain damage??  (Read 792 times)

July 13, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
Read 792 times

Lord Bludwin

• Settling In

• View Profile
I apologise for the reupload, I'm only doing so because I feel the situation is potentially serious.
I previously asked for help on another thread explaining that I couldn't control telekinesis, which would activate unintentionally just by thinking of something and not stop, and which I felt was moving my brain within my skull and potentially causing damage. There is now undeniable swelling of the temple on the right side of my head, and I have been feeling drowsiness, nausea and headaches, all of which are symptoms of head injury.
The previous responses were to stop worrying about it, but I feel this has proven inadequate.
I could potentially be imagining all this or there could be other causes, but I want to err on the side of caution and put this out here just in case, especially since physicians won't be albe to help me if something really is wrong.
All I did was follow the instuuctions here:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9836.0
If someone could help. I would greatly appreciate it. I suppose the best thing would be some technique to stop it activating.

If nothing else this can potentially be a testament to the dangers of one sided training. practice 10 minutes of being able to hold one thought in your mind without the slightest digression before you even try and do something of effect. else you might be wishing all of this was fantasy.

Just for reference. Stopped focusing on it and after a short while the ability atrophied. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:46:40 PM by Lord Bludwin »

July 14, 2016, 01:25:41 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Well, first of all, interrupt your practice for some time and try to spend your time on some mundane tasks, maybe play a game or watch your favorite TV series.

July 14, 2016, 04:03:34 AM
Reply #2

evild00d

• View Profile
*There is now undeniable swelling of the temple on the right side of my head, and I have been feeling drowsiness, nausea and headaches, all of which are symptoms of head injury.*

First off,sorry I have to be blunt,your first priority is to seek medical advice on swelling on the head and secondly listen to Akenu's advice,stopped doing psi stuff for a few months and see if it helps.

July 14, 2016, 07:23:06 AM
Reply #3

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
^What he said, vis a vis going to a doctor. Any potential head injury should be checked out.

That said, if I had to take a bet, it would be that you're suffering from placebo symptoms (which isn't to say they aren't real, although only a doctor will be able to tell you for sure) as a result of underlying fear and anxiety about injuring yourself. I would suggest staying away from psi work for the time being and working on developing awareness of your emotions and their effect on you via quiet sitting and mindfulness practice.

July 15, 2016, 06:45:58 PM
Reply #4

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The previous responses were to stop worrying about it, but I feel this has proven inadequate.
The previous responses were based on you ONLY telling us that you were worried about hurting yourself.

If you've hurt yourself somehow, GO. SEE. A. DOCTOR.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?