Author Topic: Psi and brain damage??  (Read 675 times)

July 11, 2016, 08:49:02 PM
Read 675 times

Lord Bludwin

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi,

I have developed some psi ability but have very little control over it. Even thinking about something can cause an unintentional application.
My concern right now is that I might unintentionally move my brain within my skull and cause damage. Is this even possible? My understanding is that psi is performed by moving one's astral body. Can the individual components of the astral body be moved in such a way, or am I needlessly worrying?
If it is possible, is there any way to avoid this happening? Permanently inhibiting psi abilities altogether would be preferable to brain damage!

Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:30:19 PM by Lord Bludwin »

July 12, 2016, 02:15:25 PM
Reply #1

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
You are needlessly worrying.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 12, 2016, 07:19:55 PM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
If it is possible, is there any way to avoid this happening?

Well for one, stop thinking about it!  Really!   :P

A very long time ago I had similar fears about making a mistake and doing something wrong.  These fears were sufficient that I actually ended up blocking my psi ability off for a while in response to them.  I eventually decided this was not the right approach to this fear.

The deep truth is that psi is a reflection of the core of you.  When you learn to take this literally it becomes quite eye-opening, because it reveals the way to simultaneously gain control over this fear, gain control over your abilities, and grow as a person.  If psi is a reflection of the core of yourself, then all you must do to exhibit the psi behavior you want, is to make sure that the core of you exhibits the behavior you want.  Work on yourself.  Try to become thoroughly at all levels and depths the kind of person who would only do good things with psi, and then these are what you will do.  A large amount of deep meditation and introspection is the key to doing this.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

July 12, 2016, 08:05:23 PM
Reply #3

Lord Bludwin

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi guys,

Thanks for the time. I've tried to put it out of my mind, but that is easier said than done.  I would try to meditate to strengthen my thought control, but my mind would inevitably wander to it during meditation and disrupt my practice. And practicing psi control directly is a double edged sword, as it also increases the force capable of being generated.
How could I go about temporarily blocking the ability off also, Kobok? So I could meditate effectively?

Thanks again.

July 14, 2016, 07:17:42 AM
Reply #4

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
You should see a medical professional if you suspect that you have head trauma. Seriously.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

July 14, 2016, 07:31:16 AM
Reply #5

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
^Yup, see a doctor if you suspect you have some kind of head injury.

That said, I suspect what you're experiencing are placebo symptoms (which isn't to say they aren't real) as a result of a fear of injuring yourself which was either set off during practice or existed underlying within your psyche from the beginning. IMO you'd be best off to stop with the psi work entirely and take up mindfulness and quiet sitting to work on getting a hang of your emotions and reaching a state of calm and balance.