Author Topic: Make Veritas Great Again  (Read 949 times)

July 01, 2016, 03:20:28 PM
Read 949 times

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
I won't bore anyone with a lengthy explanation of why this place is so important to me. But I do remember a day when people were constantly posting, learning, sharing experiences, and establishing a kind of camaraderie that was so characteristic of old forums from the late 90s and early 2000s (except on a much larger scale here).

For my part, I have rededicated myself to studying the Occult and learning the ways in which I can apply it to the world. I'd like to start contributing more to the Magic section again, and perhaps the Body Energy section as well. I haven't been very active on here (I lurk every now and then but that's it), but I'd like to change that.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

July 01, 2016, 04:11:40 PM
Reply #1

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I saw this was in the cafeteria so I thought you were going to go on about building a wall to keep the Psipoggers out >_>

But yeah, if you want to discuss things, then let's start simply: What kinds of new experiences have you gained in the past however-long since you last felt you were an active poster? :)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 01, 2016, 04:40:56 PM
Reply #2

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
I saw this was in the cafeteria so I thought you were going to go on about building a wall to keep the Psipoggers out >_>

But yeah, if you want to discuss things, then let's start simply: What kinds of new experiences have you gained in the past however-long since you last felt you were an active poster? :)

~Steve

What do you mean by "keeping Psipoggers out"? I have yet to see anyone from Psipog.net (if thats what you are talking about) here with confirmation they are from there. Also were/are they doing something bad to Veritas? Just curious...

July 02, 2016, 02:44:05 AM
Reply #3

Merlin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
It was a joke... maybe too vintage for you? Haha
"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" -George Bernard Shaw

July 03, 2016, 07:01:09 AM
Reply #4

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
If slogans by Donald Trump become the catalyst to revive activity on this forum... I honestly don't know how to feel about that.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

July 05, 2016, 03:00:01 PM
Reply #5

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Exactly, Vivi.

Xenophon: Waaay back when, when PsiPog was apparently popular, there were quite a few people who went back and forth between here and there. There were some people who thought ill of them, and some of their people thought ill of us, but there was at most a surface level tension between us. So yeah, as Merlin said, just a joke :)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 28, 2016, 01:59:01 AM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
So, I wasn't the only one who expected Donald Trump joke :-D.