Author Topic: What does it mean when..?  (Read 954 times)

June 12, 2016, 08:55:23 AM
Read 954 times

Lakshmi

• Settling In

• View Profile
Sorry, not sure if this is the right section, but here goes:

Some time ago, I asked about the possibility of "hexes" here on this forum. It was at a time when everything suddenly changed from being excellent to terrible, fir no good reason.

I let my superstitious side go wild back then, and bought a little amulet-type thing (a quartz crystal sort of pyramid-cross) that is supposed to ward off negative energy.

Then my superstitious side died down again, and I left the little crystal in a corner of my room on a dresser, where I more or less forgot about it (at least, as an item with any power - it's still pretty to look at).

Today I had some bad news, which semi-stimulated my superstitious side again. I consulted an online iching, and ironically, upon posing the question (by thought, not actually typing it in), "How do I re-discover magic", a "tip" came up which said, "this is not magic. This is a powerful psychological tool if you use it correctly". I asked the oracle a few other questions, and that tip did not come up again (ie, it's not a tip that's always there regardless, and seems to have come up specifically in response to my thought - pretty ironic really)

Anyway, back to the crystal thing: after a meditation session, trying to get some answers, I noticed the crystal thing - and one of the four legs of the cross was bent down at about 60 degrees (the cross elements are connected to the pyramid elements with a metal casing, which allows for some bending if you applied force)

There is no particular reason for this item to have got bent. It has just been sitting on my dresser for the last few months - I only really notice it when I dust. It's not in a precarious position, or anywhere where it is likely to be knocked.

I have had other unexplained movements in the house - on that very dresser as it happens. Last year I used to keep books on the dresser, between two bookends. One day a single book was pulled away from the rest and was standing unsupported on its end (it was a book that was intended to be a sort of grimoire, but I never felt comfortable writing things down, so it just stayed nestled in amongst various novels, unused).

Any significance in minor poltergeist-like activities?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:00:22 AM by Lakshmi »

June 12, 2016, 11:49:37 AM
Reply #1

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Someone or something may be trying to get your attention.

Maybe it's not a superstitious aspect of yourself that drove you to buy the stone but a spirit or ghost trying to help you see something you may not be recognizing. Spirits and the human mind work in funny ways sometimes.

Sometimes when life is really good and then it all falls apart can a draconian (or destructive) initiatory current flowing through your life. A flow is usually seen as a smooth ride of harmony or balance like a Taijiquan master may explain it, but sometimes the flow can be more like the rise and fall of a wave that crashes upon a beach shore and takes any sign of life with it back into the tide.

I have no idea who you are in person or what kind of magic you are or are not doing, but that has been my experience with similar activities. Although I have never really had poltergeist activity, I would see apparitions and have intense vivid dreams that usually lead to a new path in life for me, good or trying, but always an evolution of myself and situations.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

June 12, 2016, 12:34:50 PM
Reply #2

Lakshmi

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hey, thanks for responding Mind_Bender :)

So, if someone or something is trying to get my attention, how do I open the doors to easier communication?

I am listening to "Absolute Beginners" by David Bowie - have actually been listening to it over and over... There is something about the chord progression that is really speaking to me...

Who I am in person? I am really nice :) and kind of an areshole. All wrapped up together. Probably like most people :)

most people say that I am one of the kindest most generous people they have ever known (I have both overheard people saying this, and had people say it to me directly) - sometimes I can actually see that (ha ha :) ) - but other times I think I am intensely selfish and childish and have messed everything up. Again, probably like a lot of people.

Until last week I was a non-drinker. But then I started thinking that not drinking was keeping me apart from people, because everyone else I know drinks, so decided to start drinking again.

Any of that help?

June 12, 2016, 05:03:15 PM
Reply #3

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Any type of receptive practice works to open up to the spirit realm or your own subconscious. For example, if you prefer simplicity, burning a white or black candle and sandalwood, cedar, myrrh, or frankincense (even wormwood if it is available, but it is intense) during meditation is a great way to receive messages. Have a notepad ready. You don't need to 'banish' or call the quarters, just get comfortable and take a few deep, relaxing breaths and just let your mind go and ask to make to contact in whatever way feels right to you.

The reason you don't want banish or call the quarters is because you just might push away the spirit you want to contact. I find calling quarters unnecessary unless you are doing an intense ceremonial working to drop into the right mental and physical state. Banishing is fine as long as it is just to clear your mind of psychic and the rest of the days clutter.

I also enjoy using Tarot or Runes, but you can use the I Ching, pendulum, or any other form of divination that calls to you, such as automatic writing or throwing shells. Divination is very personal.

Most of us do our best to be nice, but even the kindest can be jerks. It's the way of the social interactions.

It really comes down to this: Do you feel there may be something trying to get your attention? Is there something about your self you are not acknowledging? My previous post is just conjecture, it's really what rings true for you. Trust your intuition.

:)

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

June 12, 2016, 07:41:32 PM
Reply #4

Lakshmi

• Settling In

• View Profile
No, I don't think ther is something trying to get my attention. St least, it doesn't feel that way. It feels like I am trying to get something's attention, and failing. It feels like there is a big barrier to communication, that has been hounding me at almost every level of my life, that has somehow now got so powerful that nothing I try can pierce it. I feel like I'm being suffocated sometimes.

It don't know what the bent crystal meant. Last year there was also the book, and a plant that would jump wildly (now dead), and once a napkin holder moved itself across the table on to the floor, and a guitar strummed itself, right where I could see, with nothing visibly touching it.

June 12, 2016, 08:09:32 PM
Reply #5

Lakshmi

• Settling In

• View Profile
I should have been clearer: last year it felt like something was trying to get my attention, but not this year.

June 13, 2016, 05:34:16 PM
Reply #6

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Do you spend time in mediation or any kind of ritual? That is the best way that I have come in contact when I have been lost. Sometimes a book, article, or conversation will spark in me a sort of meditation or ritual to perform and upon performing it I find myself more connected to the whatever-I-was-seeking or it opens up other avenues of discovery.

I can't really speak of the poltergeist / objects mysteriously moving because I do not have any direct experience in that.

June 13, 2016, 07:34:36 PM
Reply #7

Lakshmi

• Settling In

• View Profile
I spend a lot of time in meditation. Usually a solid session of 30 minutes to an hour each day, and also shorter sessions hourly throughout the day (not for any magic purpose, just for general mental health). And part of the longer session is just "listening", though in fact I never hear anything except the usual things you would expect to hear if you listen. But I listen with the express intent of hearing more.