Author Topic: Construct vs your-mind-keeping-a-ball-of-psi-intact-unconciously  (Read 800 times)

June 09, 2016, 07:05:50 PM
Read 800 times

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
When you talk about constructs here are you talking about completely indenpendent things or something your mind keeps doing unconciously, like is your mind/soul/whatever keeping a ball of psi somewhere or is there by itself indenpendent of you. If it is indenpendent things we are talking about how can you make sure you are creating indenpendent construct instead of other thing? Do you specify somehow telling it to be completely indenpendent? Every time I see explanation of what construct is it is something like "construction of energy and intent" but it seems to include indenpendent constructs flying around on their own AND your mind keeping energy and intent on some place (like a part of your focus being used unconciously to keep energy and intent somewhere aka construct). Other thing seems to somehow cause a for the lack of better explanaion, mind equivalent of computer memory leaks, as once you make a construct you might forget about it and it keeps using up your unconcious minds focus unless you make it last only specific amount of time.

June 10, 2016, 12:19:44 PM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I believe in some discussion it was said that these are independent of you and under certain setup should also outlive you.

I personally do not have much in common with psionics so I will answer from the magick paradigm: It is a normal practice to create servitors (artificial spirits) that aid you and your family with certain benefits. These servitors can run down the lineages as serving spirits, therefore independent on its original creator.

June 16, 2016, 01:41:11 PM
Reply #2

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
Just because they outlive you doesn't make them independent. Your soul can still keep psi ball intact here even if you aren't here (according to what I know about it from veritas)

July 12, 2016, 07:32:13 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Constructs can exist independently.  A construct is formed by the intent of the soul, but that conceptual pattern can continue to exist after formation.  The first reason I am confident constructs are independent is the duration that they can last.  A properly formed and sealed construct can last unchanged for at least many years, and probably longer.  Even if it is a minor or irrelevant construct that one does not think about at all for this time.  It seems much less reasonable to postulate that the soul remains undistracted and dedicated to actively maintaining trivial constructs for such a long time.

The second reason I am confident constructs are independent is the number of them that can persist.  With practice making constructs you get a pretty good sense for how much conceptual complexity you can actively form, influence, or shape with your soul at a particular time.  But you can make so many constructs that the total complexity of them can be more than thousands of times more complex than one's maximum manageable complexity.  When they keep working greatly in excess of one's personal capacity, the most reasonable conclusion is that they do so independently.

And this property of independent persistence turns out to be a very important aspect of constructs, because it makes constructs as flexible and empowering as technology is for the material aspects of existence.  I think we have only just begun to see what sorts of things are possible with this.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.